Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestian dungeon sneaking

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2010
When ever i want to do a dungeon in celestia (mainly the chancel) I always get a bunch of level 20-30 wizards friending me. I say yes because i don't like to be mean. Then i go in the dungeon and the people i just friended would teleport to me. I would say stuff like please go away but they never go. then i would call one of my high level friends to come. One time i died on a battle and i left to get health. When i was finished with getting health i would teleport back to a friend in the dungeon. I said the dungeon was full when i tried teleporting. My friend said that a friend of the level 20 wizard came before i got back. I was only gone for like 5 minutes. It turned out the level 10 who teleported had a lot of treasure cards and the four of them finished the dungeon without me. I think you should ban people from teleporting in dungeons unless they are level 50 or higher.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Ufortunately, I think this is more of a lesson on being careful who you friend. I used to say yes to everyone too, but experience has taught me to be more selective. That being said, I have helped and friended some lower levels outside a dungeon because I am farming. But once we're done, I delete them off my list becaus eit was a one time deal, and I don't want them porting to me anywhere else at any time.

They cannot ban lower level from porting - but YOU have full control of who you friend. I have many lower level friends who know the drill and they are cool...

As for the dungeon being full - I thought it is based on the original 4 that went in. Even if any of the 4 leave, they shouldn't be able to take your place. (There were times I couldn't port in to help a friend that got left behind.) And sometimes, you have to enter the dungeon back through the entrance - not by porting in. Then it'll pick up where you left off.

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Lenora LionHeart lvl 37 myth
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 26 death
Lenora DrakeMancer lvl 19 fire

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Yep, it is those of us who have earned access to the dungeons-especially in CL-Chancel seems to be a popular one at the moment to decide if we want to friend lower leveled wizards who only want to power level in this way. Yesterday there was a level 7 wizard that made it to CL Base Camp and was constantly asking for friend requests and to be let into the Chancel and wanting help leveling. While I don't disparage others for their methods for leveling their wizards, I will not support and enable them, so I do not accept their friend requests in CL and do not take them into dungeons. I make it very clear when I friend a lower leveled wizard that I do not tolerate blind porting and have and will drop and abandon them if they do. It is up to those who can provide access to regulate who we allow to come in with us to resolve the situation.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
unfortunately i have had to clear my friends list of almost all and have kept only those i know who are above 48 and or the ones that tend to help each other out alot.
now that does very little for the social aspect of the game but
i agree with other who say there should be a level cap to getting to worlds
or a key cap .
if you dont have the key you dont get to go till you do get it.

or make it so you need the key to join in battles....

that way they can go there but can not gum up your fights.
port to some one in a battle and you get kicked outside the ring...

easy enough to code

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
when you friend someone on the game you friend everyone on their list and their friends list and so on....
as for leaving a dungeon to get health and getting locked out, yes others can and will port in. i had the similar experience in malistaire, where a friend would leave to get health and someone would port in and lock them out. solution was to restart the dungeon. this was before the button to prevent porting.
so, caution, when entering a dungeon, make sure everyone's port is closed.
and it would be easy to limit the level access to just those with a spiral key to that world. celestia should be exclusive to grandmasters(those with a spiral key to celstia) only, they have been waiting a long time for this world.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
I simply have to say in this case is a matter of choosing your friends wisely.
As for porting simply locking a world to be available only to those with a key would fix a huge number of the issues people encounter. Unfortunately KI seems unwilling to do this and clings to some wording in the game contract.

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
I totally agree with the posters here.
I think being lazy about your friends list puts you and your higher leveled friends at risk at any time they go in a dungeon with you and you with them BE WISE about friends llst and kings does mot have to get into this thanks for the thread.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
masteroffire2233 wrote:
When ever i want to do a dungeon in celestia (mainly the chancel) I always get a bunch of level 20-30 wizards friending me. I say yes because i don't like to be mean. Then i go in the dungeon and the people i just friended would teleport to me. I would say stuff like please go away but they never go. then i would call one of my high level friends to come. One time i died on a battle and i left to get health. When i was finished with getting health i would teleport back to a friend in the dungeon. I said the dungeon was full when i tried teleporting. My friend said that a friend of the level 20 wizard came before i got back. I was only gone for like 5 minutes. It turned out the level 10 who teleported had a lot of treasure cards and the four of them finished the dungeon without me. I think you should ban people from teleporting in dungeons unless they are level 50 or higher.

No worries, KI fixed the XP from the Chancel. All those young wizards will not keep getting xp from the dungeon anymore. Therefor, these young wizards will no longer want to do the chancel because they will not level up!