Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Shield?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
Well i notice there is one of every shield except balance :( i am a balance i wish to fight knowing that if they shoot a balance spell at me i can protect from it

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Jackerson wrote:
Well i notice there is one of every shield except balance :( i am a balance i wish to fight knowing that if they shoot a balance spell at me i can protect from it

Balance is supposed to be unique from the other Schools - its specialty is manipulation! It can mess with other elements with shields and blades, but not vice-versa...As a Balance user I'd hate for a Balance-specific shield (Or even a Balance Prism) to be created, because not only would it make the school less unique (In my opinion), but it would detract from one of the major selling points of the school (That Balance, though less damaging than Fire or Storm, cannot easily be blocked)

I know that as a Balance user, Balance enemies (And some Astral ones) are a major weakness, resisting Judgment naturally and using Elemental Shield to cripple Spectral Blast and Hydra. It's just the name of the game, really - everyone has to be bad at something!

What you can do, is make use of the new Unbalance spell and get a friend, Minion, or Henchman to help you when you can - most of the Balance enemies I have fought were weak to the entire Spiritual Triangle (Myth, Life and Death)!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Sorcerers will be able to protect themselves from every school but their own. It's just the way it goes, and to be honest there comes a point where it doesn't really matter. Remember, equipment enhances resistance to schools, including Balance. If it's really important to you to be protected from Balance, get some resistance-enhancing equipment.

@Luvas: Why don't you want a Balance Prism?

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
there is a shield that can protect against balance tower shield a level 16 shield that protects 50% against any attack including balance it is available from the ice school

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010