Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Ranked Scoring

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
As a long time player I've worked my way up through the ranks in PvP, but lately I'm getting a little annoyed with your system. Currently I do most of my PvP on my lower level characters because frankly, you broke PvP at high levels. Along with that you also broke a promise that crafting wouldn't become "required", but I'll save that for another post.

As a level 19 fire wizard floating between Commander and Warlord I'll always get people I have to fight that are at least 10 levels higher than I am. What boggles my mind is that if I beat someone that has access to a much larger deck than I do, as well as the health from the higher levels I'll come away with 1 rank point for a win. If I should lose to these people, and it's a challenge to win, especially from second position, I'm losing 24 points.

Up until tonite it didn't really bother me that much as I win most of the matches, but tonite I had a couple of short term disconnects that had me logging back in to trapped and bladed kill shots. Two matches that cost me 48 rank points, and it will take me between 24-48 matches to get that back.

I mean really? You guys are supposed to be in tune with PvP....weren't the original programmers from Shadowbane?

Do me a favor...fix this. Please....just pay a little attention to your PvP players here.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
You fight people ten levels higher than you are because of your rank. They are most likely a private and you are the top two PvP ranks, the matching system is based on your level and rank. And the longer you wait for a duel, the more unfair your fight will be. I know that at level 34 I'm getting paired up with a 15 warlord and its a challenge to win.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
Jaypaw101 wrote:
You fight people ten levels higher than you are because of your rank. They are most likely a private and you are the top two PvP ranks, the matching system is based on your level and rank. And the longer you wait for a duel, the more unfair your fight will be. I know that at level 34 I'm getting paired up with a 15 warlord and its a challenge to win.

I'm happy to fight the higher level players...it's a challenge and it's fun. What makes no sense to me is the scoring system whereby I'm given 1/25 of the reward for a win, as opposed to a loss.

How does it make logical sense that a level 19 warlord with 850 health using my arena gear, and using a deck with 30 cards in it, and 12 in my TC deck, no access to Reshuffle other than through the TC deck, is given 1 point for a victory over a level 28 balance setting up for judgement kills? I have to defend the attacks perfectly or I'll lose. Conversely, with his health in the 2000 hp range he can weather a number of attacks before he is in serious jeopardy of losing.

Like I said...it's not being matched versus these people. I'm fine with that and welcome the challenge, but I'm also proud of my PvP titles, they are hard earned at the lower levels, and for the game to artificially keep my rank at warlord and below is the frustration. Let's put it this way....I go on a tremendous winning streak and run off 25 matches in a row versus a variety of opponents. I'll assume I will fight one guy that is like me, commander or above and close to me in rank...I'll get about 14 pts rank for that....the end result will be I'll end up with a little over 40 rank points, then lets say I lose one match to a level 28 balance wiz going first, who puts a feint on me and unloads a judge. Most times I'll be able to find a tower shield, but every once in awhile they hide from you. That loss will take me almost back to where I started.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
Yes, Kingsisle really needs to do something about this. Can a moderator or something please reply to this thread?

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
As I said in my post above this one, I agree with this thread. People make threads like this quite alot, yet Kingsisle never responds to them, so this is my suggestion:

When you win a one vs one match ( no matter what your rank or level is) you should win 15 points. If you lose a ranked one vs one match, you should lose 15 points.

When you win a 2vs2, 3v3, or 4vs4 ranked pvp match , you should win 20 points. When you lose a 2vs2, 3v3, or 4vs4 ranked pvp match, you should lose 20 points.

That way the point system will be very equal and fair. Kingsisle, please respond to this post.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
I agree I find winning 1 to 10 points max but yet lose once and lose 28 yes this is happening to me, so I decided to downrank to 300 seems to work untill i get back to 600 than it starts again win 6 lose 26 hmmm doesnt seem right might not ever need to downrank if there was some kind of system in place where you win or lose the same amount.