Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What does Pedigree mean?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I have a pet with the number 32 (3) or something like that below his name. Why is that there? I cannot understand what it means, except that it is called pedigree. It is like that for all my pets, and they only get a number in the brackets () when they become teen.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Pedigree shows how well the talents for your pet are. Pedigree can range from 16-80. The number in brackets, a.k.a. manifestation shows how well the talents your pet can use are, that number can range from 16-36. (I say 36 instead of 32 cause I hear people start talking about "legendary" talents.)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
The first number is the total of all the dots for the various powers you can get. Note, you can't get them all, only a portion. The portion earned is the number in the (#).

The first number just tells you what level of pet you are getting, the higher, the more powerful your pet.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Thank you! These comments have really helped me understand Pedigree. I now have a Teen Talented Piggle with 58 (7)! Talent: Slip n' Slide- add oil slick to all lanes +4 (#). I also have Strong (or something similar)- +50 max strength +3 (#).
HE's adult! 58 (14)! He got Stonewall- Wall to all lanes and Health Gift- +40/41 Max Health!
I hatched him with a Heckhound and got heckhound. at least i didnt already have one!

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
Explorer
Jun 04, 2010
Temperest wrote:
What pet has a pedigree of 80?

sea dragon has a pedigree of 72, and if you mix it with a pet that has only epic talents manifested, the sea drag could have only epic talents on its petnome:
epic

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
tmann11 wrote:
Temperest wrote:
What pet has a pedigree of 80?

sea dragon has a pedigree of 72, and if you mix it with a pet that has only epic talents manifested, the sea drag could have only epic talents on its petnome:
epic

Any pet can have a pedigree of 80, it's just easiset with a Sea Dragon.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Delver
Aug 10, 2010
bcbdla wrote:
Do we actually have 10 Epic Talents?

Talents? yes!

Derby Skills? So far, the pentome project has only identified 4, so the answer may very well be "no".

Armiger
May 10, 2010
bcbdla wrote:
Do we actually have 10 Epic Talents?

yeppers there sure are. Check the petnome for what they are!

Btw, do you post on anything but pets?

What is your favorite pet so far?

Mine is my polar cat, has 2 dragon blades, spritely, spell proof, sure shot, and pips. I have this on my Legendary Ice!