Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how I feel as a new player; anoyances

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
Hi All,

I'm a new player with a single toon - a myth major / life minor. So far at lvl 38 Im having fun. However I ran into a few road blocks that made me angry with the game that seem like they are in need of a solution

1) I goofed early on and had grabbed a few balance spells. I learned that I wipe the spells out for a small fee (at the time) -- 800 crowns (about US$1). That was a week from payday and I had just bought some nice crown cloths. so When I went back , I shocked to learn the cost was now -- 2880 crowns (about US$3)! So the price is going up as a I level. As a consumer this made me feel trapped I did pay the fee but felt cheated.
I would suggest you message this cost better so that the user know the first time they buy something with training points, that the fee in golumn court will INCREASE as you gain level so don't wait if you make a mistake since the fee can exceed US$5 (assuming the progression hold true to lvl 60)

2) Traveling is a tad of hassle. I like the mark/recall method but often forget to re-mark the same location one I do a recall. It would be really cool if there was an option I could set that would always remark the location on recall if I have the mana or if the game asked if I wanted to re-lay down the same mark again .

3) On the thought of travel, It would be nice if , once you find the transportation stones they become marked on the map. So when I stumble on the transit hub that gets added, and when I find the butter fly that's added etc. An example of this is having in a map of marly bone filed out or indicating the likely areas I've missed since I only found the dogbone and well but never found the third stone etc.

4) I found asking folks for help esp if they used menu chat VERY difficult since asking for help pretty much means standing still and spamming menu and text chat. then going to another hub or world and spamming again. Since I play at unusual times (usually 2am to 4am or so eastern time) Im often not on when folks who are interested in being helpful are on - and I don't know a sole irl who plays this game :>

5) In menu chat I've found there a few messages I could not express
"I am slow using menu chat, please bear with me"
"I am distracted perhaps we can group another time"
"I am sorry something came up irl and I have to leave"
"I have to step away for a few minutes I will be back soon"
"What Are you working on here - a quest, farming or working on a title?"
"That was cool! What spell did you just cast?"
"I like your outfit"
"Can I take some your time and ask you some questions about the game"
"You look lost , Can I help?"
"Do you want me to join the battle you are in right now?" (and the answer be yes or stay away)
"I could use a hand in a small fight could you help me"
"I could use a hand in a dungeon, do have the time to help?"

ITs quite possible Im not seeing most of the above in menu chat as it's interface is a tad confusing.

Anyhow fwiw,

Gabrial Rose something