Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is the pixie there?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
Help me! My Laugh-O-Dil has a pixie! It isn't under pests but I didnt buy it. I have no idea if it's a like or dislike. Can someone please help me

Administrator
An excellent question!

Garden Pixies are pests, but only the nicest kind. While you can't get rid of them, you don't want to anyway! They randomly appear, to help a plant grow better - just like pixies help keep you alive in wizardly battles.

On the other hand (or wing or fin or whatever you may have), the reddish Ghoulish Wisp is definitely a pest you want to get rid of as soon as possible!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Feb 24, 2010
Gamma wrote:
An excellent question!

Garden Pixies are pests, but only the nicest kind. While you can't get rid of them, you don't want to anyway! They randomly appear, to help a plant grow better - just like pixies help keep you alive in wizardly battles.

On the other hand (or wing or fin or whatever you may have), the reddish Ghoulish Wisp is definitely a pest you want to get rid of as soon as possible!

thanks greyrose, ive been wondering the same question :D

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I'm grandmaster in gardening already and not once did I get a pixie on any of my plants :-(

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
seasnake wrote:
I'm grandmaster in gardening already and not once did I get a pixie on any of my plants :-(
Try adding more gnomes. Noticed six stinkweeds - all planted at same time - grew better depending on their proximity to a garden gnome. The furthest plant from the gnome grew slower than the other 5. The closer to the gnome, the faster the plant reached harvest. There is now a full 24 hour difference between the harvest time of the closest plant to the gnome and the farthest plant to the gnome. Adding a second gnome appears to have caused a pixie to appear ... adding 6 gnomes to the Royal Palace green house appears to have forced pixies on 5 plants. I am not saying gnomes cause pixies. I am saying I did not have any pixies on 37 plants ... started adding gnomes from the gardner in Golem Court and within 3 days have 5 pixies.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
boylego8 wrote:
Gamma wrote:
An excellent question!

thanks greyrose, ive been wondering the same question :D

Gamma said that not Greyrose. ANYWAY thanks Gamma I was wondering that too scince I saw one on my snap dragon! :D I was afraid I would accidentally zap it though lol

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
It seems that the presence of a pixie prevents other pests from showing up on the plant with the pixie. Nothing could be better than a pixie on your higher level plants if this is the case.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
It may just be a coincidence, but I didn't start getting pixies on my plants until I actually placed two of my pixie queen pets out to flutter around my garden. So, if you have a pixie queen pet (which is dropped by Smogger in Katz's lab in MB) you may put her out in your garden. Just a thought.

Duncan J
Lvl 54 Conjurer
Master Gardener