Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

change color all pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2010
I think we should be able to change color on any pet because the unicorns are all the same, so are the fire cats. I think the Fire cats you should be able to pick colors between red orange yellow black and pink. and unicorns should have same colors as dragons. and for the dragons the pink should look more pink it looks red. there should also be cats for all the schools, and also there should be more pets in the pet shop because some people dont have the money to buy real pets. and one last thing all crown items should be able to be bought with gold so we have more things to save up for

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
kenziemac613 wrote:
I think the Fire cats you should be able to pick colors between red orange yellow black and pink.

I wholeheartedly agree.. I just bought a Firecat under the assumption that I could 'dye' it black. There is a Pet tab in the Dye shop.. but it doesn't allow you to dye anything. Why put it there? In essence, I now have an orange Firecat I don't want.. What a waste of gold, and a rather large annoyance.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
I so agree with this, you don't know how many times i have a cool pet but it totally doesnt match my gear or i totally hate the color.
I have a piggle from gift card, like 5 of them and cant chance their colors.

P.S. some pets should be able to, such as Wraith, that has to be black.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I totally agree. Why have a pet color tab if you can rarely change the colors of any pets? You can change the colors of clothing, but not pets? I am sorry if this is insulting, it is not meant to be, but is writing the code to change the colors of the pets that hard for the KI programmers? I would hope not! They have done a magnificent job with this game. Yet, one mini thing like pet color to match my character and school is not much to ask for! I want my pet to be unique, no matter if I bought the pet for gold, on a gift card, for crowns, or as a dropped pet. I should be able to change the color of any and all pets for gold.

Please fix this KI, show us how talented you all know you are!

Thank you!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
WHlTEWOLF wrote:
kenziemac613 wrote:
I think the Fire cats you should be able to pick colors between red orange yellow black and pink.

I wholeheartedly agree.. I just bought a Firecat under the assumption that I could 'dye' it black. There is a Pet tab in the Dye shop.. but it doesn't allow you to dye anything. Why put it there? In essence, I now have an orange Firecat I don't want.. What a waste of gold, and a rather large annoyance.

Since you assume it was a waste of gold I will assume you are new, if you want a pet that you can change the color of, you must be able to change it's color before you buy it.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2009
AMEN! It would be nice to have a few more color options to the pets, many would even spend crowns for the options to buy a pattern such as tiger stripes or polk from the crown shop. That's one of the GREAT things about this game even if you have done all you can do customization would still keep an intreast in the game till new items are availabule

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
WHlTEWOLF wrote:
kenziemac613 wrote:

Since you assume it was a waste of gold I will assume you are new, if you want a pet that you can change the color of, you must be able to change it's color before you buy it.

Angelocean, not sure if you realize this, but this post is asking KI to change the fact that you can't dye every pet! You are not new, did you forget to read the topic? Or just in the mood to type and criticize others?

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
WHlTEWOLF wrote:
kenziemac613 wrote:

Angelocean, not sure if you realize this, but this post is asking KI to change the fact that you can't dye every pet! You are not new, did you forget to read the topic? Or just in the mood to type and criticize others?

Yeah... I guess I was about to "hijack" the thread. My bad...

But if I am going to post that, then I must post something on topic.
If we allow the changing of colors to all pets, then a lot oh hybrids and drops would have to be removed.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
WHlTEWOLF wrote:
kenziemac613 wrote:

Yeah... I guess I was about to "hijack" the thread. My bad...

But if I am going to post that, then I must post something on topic.
If we allow the changing of colors to all pets, then a lot oh hybrids and drops would have to be removed.

Well, not exactly, because a hybrid is allowed to be used by any school, unlike a school pet! So, they would not be removed, we would just be able to change the colors of any pet we wanted to, including hybrids!