Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A idea about Skeletal Dragon.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2010
Hello everyone this is my first post and I would like a opinion ( especially from the death players ) if, i know that most people will disagree, the lvl 58 Skeletal Dragon spell should be a steal health spell like wraith. I know this is sort of impossible to do since its a hit over time spell but what if it wasnt. Leave your ideas below.

Explorer
May 15, 2009
boomy444 wrote:
Hello everyone this is my first post and I would like a opinion ( especially from the death players ) if, i know that most people will disagree, the lvl 58 Skeletal Dragon spell should be a steal health spell like wraith. I know this is sort of impossible to do since its a hit over time spell but what if it wasnt. Leave your ideas below.

I'm a death wizard. I don't think it should be, because that would be unfair, and with blades added on a skeletal dragon its nearly unstoppable anyway. Their is no need for the health steal, and I think the D.O.T (Death Over Time) is a powerful enough effect all on it's own due to shield destruction. We should be lucky it's not just a normal damage attack like banshee. That's my opinion on the subject. It's like poison, but better.

Survivor
May 18, 2010
XxMEGAxX wrote:
boomy444 wrote:

I'm a death wizard. I don't think it should be, because that would be unfair, and with blades added on a skeletal dragon its nearly unstoppable anyway. Their is no need for the health steal, and I think the D.O.T (Death Over Time) is a powerful enough effect all on it's own due to shield destruction. We should be lucky it's not just a normal damage attack like banshee. That's my opinion on the subject. It's like poison, but better.
I see your point of view

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
boomy444 wrote:
I have a death, he doesn't have skeletal dragon yet, but I can't wait to get it. (If I ever stop being lazy and level him up. -) I only use my first life wizard mostly but he is my 2nd wizard and is in DS. I LOVE to use the poison spell, even outside pvp. It's so helpful but it's kinda weak for CL so they gave death a new overtime as well as ice.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
I would rather keep this move for now and wait for the lvl68 death spell, a steal that deals 1000 damage to all enemies. How I know is by this raelationship I found:

Skeletal Pirate(Not a steal):430-510 Damage 5 pips
Wraith(Steal spell):500 Damage 6 pips

You see how wraith could do 10 less than Skeletal Pirate and affords one more pip. Now look at this:

Skeletal Dragon(Not a steal):200+810(1010) Damage 8 pips
Rank 9 Death spell(Probably steal because of the relationship, and might be AoE because death only has one so far):1000 (Estimated) Damage

If you keep these spells in a some what proportional relationship, then you see how you know what the Rank 9 Death spell is. I might be wrong but I hope not. :-)

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
kodiboy wrote:
I would rather keep this move for now and wait for the lvl68 death spell, a steal that deals 1000 damage to all enemies. How I know is by this raelationship I found:

You see how wraith could do 10 less than Skeletal Pirate and affords one more pip. Now look at this:

Rank 9 Death spell(Probably steal because of the relationship, and might be AoE because death only has one so far):1000 (Estimated) Damage

If you keep these spells in a some what proportional relationship, then you see how you know what the Rank 9 Death spell is. I might be wrong but I hope not. :-)

The reason Skeletal Dragon's damage is so high is because it's a DoT spell. My guess is the Rank 9 spell will be a drain spell and do around 750 damage because if you divide the Wraith ratio of damage per pip in half you get 250 damage for 3 pips and 3+6=9 and 250+500=750.

Quinn Deaththorn - Legendary Necromancer

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
kodiboy wrote:

1000 steal to all enemies? Nah thats to overpowered for a death AoE. No offense

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
bravevline wrote:
kodiboy wrote:

1000 steal to all enemies? Nah thats to overpowered for a death AoE. No offense

Ya, that is what I thought at first; it might be the rank 10 or 11 death spell. :-)

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
PyramidRune wrote:
kodiboy wrote:

The reason Skeletal Dragon's damage is so high is because it's a DoT spell. My guess is the Rank 9 spell will be a drain spell and do around 750 damage because if you divide the Wraith ratio of damage per pip in half you get 250 damage for 3 pips and 3+6=9 and 250+500=750.

Quinn Deaththorn - Legendary Necromancer

Yes you are correct; I had just woken up so my mind was a little tired to do real calculations. LoL

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
XxMEGAxX wrote:
boomy444 wrote:

dot is damage over time dot is from fire or it would be fot dot damage over time

Survivor
May 29, 2010
although i would love to see skeletal dragon have a healing effect especially since i'm death, i dont really think its fair to other people that are pvping against death.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
No offense guys, but death does NOT need a stronger global drain spell. You usually get more health than you can hold already from a scarecrow, there is no need to have a stronger one. There is also no reason for the skeletal dragon to be a drain spell. The only place I can see this being useful is in PvP. Because in a boss battle you can use wraith (or scarecrow if the minion is alive) and get plenty of health.

What death needs next is a global damage spell that can be boosted with gargantuan. Ten levels from now, if the trend continues as it has been going, the bosses are likely to have 40,000 health and greater. I don't need another drain spell that will make the battle drag out, I want a boostable damage spell to kill them faster!

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
boomy444 wrote:
gret idia!!! :-D :-D

Armiger
May 10, 2010
kodiboy wrote:

That is very clever, however, I must point out:
430-510 Skeletal Pirate for 5 pips
500 Wraith for 6 pips
400 ScareCrow for 7 pips (AoE)

So, if we are to base your assumption on this theory.
200+810 for 8 pips
1000 for 9 pips, however not n AoE or
900 for 9 pips as an AoE! However, from 400 @ 7 to 900 @ 9, sounds way too powerful, 900 even at 10 pips sounds a bit too powerful, but we will see!

However, Skeletal Dragon was needed, for raw brute power!

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
kodiboy wrote:

I think that you are right about that but it wouldn't be a to all enemies spell because it is kinda unfair...

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
I'm no death wizard (other than my level 47 death wizard), but i think it should do 300 damage to one person, then link 450 damage.

Link: Damage over time, swap half to wizard

Sounds pretty cool!

:-) Justin Titanwraith, Legendary Pyromancer :-)

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Hmmm. Well it would be nice for the deaths to have dragon steal health but really it already pwns! And it might be unfair to others in pvp.