Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stormriven Bosses & Spell Vetting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Wizards have a right to throw whatever spells they want at the Stormriven bosses. And if you throw a feint, expect it to get used. That's what they're there for. To be used. Pls stop all the judging of spells in Stormriven. It just a game.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
sberger11604 wrote:
As a Death Legend with greater than 60% damage and 180 critical rating, I'm growing tired of all the comments being made by other players who think they deserve the right to vet everyone's spells at Stormriven. Here are some tips for the know-it-alls:
--There's a spell called Gargantua. It makes seemingly weaker, low-PIP spells much stronger and when combined with Critical consistently hit at greater than 2000 damage. So, know-it-alls, next time some one appears to be throwing a banshee spell, for example, keep your opinions about its supposed weakness to yourself.
-- You are not alone, know-it-alls. There are often other players around you also wanting to fight the Stormriven Bosses for drops. They have a right to throw the spells they want -- regardless of what you think you know -- so try erring on the side of keeping your mouth shut.
-- If you throw a feint, know-it-alls, you should assume it can be used by anyone. The Stormriven Bosses have four sigils which means other players are playing with you. What a concept. If you toss a feint, someone will use it. That's they're there for. To be used. If someone else by chance uses your feint, throw another, don't make us all listen to your opinions on "wasting feints." Using feints is relative. Did you know that?
-- For the Storm know-it-alls, you getting to throw your blessed Storm Dragon is not the point of the game. We're there to defeat a boss and get a drop, not to watch your dragon use it's tail to do business. So, if things work out in such a way that you didn't get to throw your blessed Storm Dragon, here's a hint: shut up about it. No one cares.
-- For the know-it-alls who can't handle criticism and report people, like me, if their desperate need to control others spells isn't honored by the group, know that KI reads the chats before making decisions, and will kill the report. For you reporting know-it-alls, there's this button called Flee and then Exit, use them, because your whining about spells is a bummer and you are bumming all of us out, so go away.

DeathBlossom.

Well, obviously someone ticked you off a little. I happen to agree with most of what you said! Not exactly meaning to knick pick, but, no school has 180 critical rating! You are correct, there are cards that can seriously increase damage to any spell, but it is called Gargantuan.

Yes, there are a lot of people, that try and tell you what you can and can't do, especially on the Stormriven Bosses, but apparently, they don't even know. So, if you don't know, don't say anything. Pet blades no not count for those of you that don't know that!

But, using a wand on a feint, is wasting a feint. I don't care who you are, where you are, if you jump into someones battle and just start using your wand and you waste peoples feint's, that is very immature. There are times to waste feints, yes, but not for no reason at all.

Thank you for your post though, I hope those false reporters get what's coming to them, because that is so uncool!