Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mean Grandmasters!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
When my Pyromancer reaches level 56 I decided to make a Necromancer. So I made an account and trained my Necromancer. Then in Firecat Alley I saw a duel with a couple of Magus'. I joined them and said 'Hi'. The Magus immediately shot back by calling me a 'noob'. I was offended. Then he called me 'weak'! We were all new players, and we all used to be a bit weak!

I have also noticed this from the Grandmasters. I was on my Pyromancer just standing around when I saw a couple of Masters and Grands laughing and calling the low-levelers 'noobs'. Just because we are higher leveled doesn't mean we have the right to tease them. Even though they can annoy us doesn't mean we attack right back! They are new to the game - they want to explore the game and adjust. Please post what you think. You can disagree or agree!

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Some people are just vile, don't let it get you down. Report those types if you feel like it. Sometimes I think they get all happy inside when someone reports them. You know, the kid who does bad things to get attention?

You could also try apathy, it doesn't do anything, but you get to pretend that you arn't angry.

I have lost intrest, you need more replies.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
When my Pyromancer reaches level 56 I decided to make a Necromancer. So I made an account and trained my Necromancer. Then in Firecat Alley I saw a duel with a couple of Magus'. I joined them and said 'Hi'. The Magus immediately shot back by calling me a 'noob'. I was offended. Then he called me 'weak'! We were all new players, and we all used to be a bit weak!

I have also noticed this from the Grandmasters. I was on my Pyromancer just standing around when I saw a couple of Masters and Grands laughing and calling the low-levelers 'noobs'. Just because we are higher leveled doesn't mean we have the right to tease them. Even though they can annoy us doesn't mean we attack right back! They are new to the game - they want to explore the game and adjust. Please post what you think. You can disagree or agree!
I agree with what you are saying, i am seeing a lit of grandmasters/legendary call lower lvl bad things

Luke Soulrider grandmaster theurgist lvl 50

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:

its kind of ironic that i'm a magus posting this comment but i'll say it anyway. its really anoying how ppl do that! i guess thats the only thing they can think of when they see a lower leel person.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Why post this if you can just report them for foul launguage or something like that.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
K your a noob if you go to a port to a higher world. If your in wiz city nobody can call you a noob. if your in celestia your a noob. plus you have a 56 so your not a noob

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Some people only view levels, and use that to determine a person's knowledge about the game. Sad, considering how relatively fast you can level in this game... It gets especially ridiculous, when you try to explain to someone that it's a bad idea to pop your Feint with their wand, instead of using a much bigger spell for the extra damage, and you are brushed off with a "what do you know, noob?".

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
zebulous wrote:
Some people are just vile, don't let it get you down. Report those types if you feel like it. Sometimes I think they get all happy inside when someone reports them. You know, the kid who does bad things to get attention?

You could also try apathy, it doesn't do anything, but you get to pretend that you arn't angry.

I have lost intrest, you need more replies.

Reporting them will not do anything, as it is an unreportable offense unless they are going around the filter. Being mean is NOT a Reportable offense.

Copied from the FAQ: What is NOT a Reportable Offense:
Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (KingsIsle will NEVER ask for treasure card(s) in exchange for a code. Trading “cards for codes” is done at the players’ own risk. Codes are either fully public or one time use)

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

That being said, while it was not nice of them to call you a noob, they were probably doing a Marleybone quest, and didn't need a Low Level jumping into their battle when they may have been ready for the kill and making them have to wait an extra round by drawing in another enemy. You also did not state whether you asked to join their battle, so I'm assuming you did not, and thus you got a rude welcome for your rudeness of just Jumping in.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
Since your speaking of Mean Grandmasters, I know what your saying.. A Grandmaster was in Krokotopia, when I was lvl 19 ( I am now lvl 31 ). He asked me if I could help him, and he will do anything but gift stuff.. I said, " Sure, and when we are done, can you take me to Mooshu? Theres this pet that gives a card at Adult. " After that, he said, " Sure. Now, you need to help me find me 10 Stone Blocks." Then, I was his friend, then said, " Alright. " I found 6/10 Stone Blocks, and he found 4/10 Stone Blocks. He said, " Thanks. " Then I said, " Can you take me to Mooshu? " When I said that, he deleted me from his Friend's List, and said, " Laters noob! XD ", then left me. I got very mad, and sorta sad. I never trusted a Grandmaster.
EVER. AGAIN.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010

That being said, while it was not nice of them to call you a noob, they were probably doing a Marleybone quest, and didn't need a Low Level jumping into their battle when they may have been ready for the kill and making them have to wait an extra round by drawing in another enemy. You also did not state whether you asked to join their battle, so I'm assuming you did not, and thus you got a rude welcome for your rudeness of just Jumping in.

Oh, sorry then. Its just that so many people dont ask anymore that I am getting used to the wizards being rude. I better start asking. Thanks!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I have been playing this game for a long time. I have many differrent wizards because I have 2 accounts. However, I have noticed as of late that people are starting to call more people noobs. This happens in every game. I have been playing games since before computers had hard drives in them, and the Atari was "the stuff." Even when you go to an arcade some people will put you down. Sadly there is nothing we can do about it.

Death/Balance

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
The same thing happes with mutes (people with pre-worded chat)
When some of my muted friends ported to my house when me and my friends were having a mini party the started teasing him and talking in mute chat saying random things like: 1v1, thats wasnt nice, can you pleaze go away, or justmaking ... on the screen and i mean :"..." not real words just the dots! No matter how many times i told them to stop they would just ignore me or laugh I:. I've got them top stop ( sort of) but i know that the can be annoying, but srsly, why pick on them? Half of us were muted before, and you know that it was offensive when you were helped by a open chat person and you tried to add them and they clicked no or just ported away?
~Samantha Crowvault lvl 58 death
~Mackenzie Jadeblade lvl 48 storm

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Yeah, I also hate how text chatters tease the menu chatters! I remember when I was menu chat - everyone was talking in dots. But when I got text chat I saw swearing and horrible jokes.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Just a thought for all of you....the problem is not with Grands. What you are describing here is a player thing. The wizards level has nothing to do with it. The wizard is merely pixels on a screen. The human controlling the wizard gives it's personality.

I am sick of all this bashing. You are dealing with real live people on this game with all their faults and good things. You need to understand that and quit blaming wizards of any level. You are simply seeing people at their worst.

Megan

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:

i definetly agree with you. being a higher level DOESNT mean you get to boss others around. being a grand or master level doesnt have anything to do with being wiser or better than anyone else. i bet that lower levels can be older people who know how to act with a little something called MANNERS! while master/grand levels could be ten year olds. remember wizards of the Spiral, its not about the level, its about the attitude.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
StormWizard1201 wrote:
Since your speaking of Mean Grandmasters, I know what your saying.. A Grandmaster was in Krokotopia, when I was lvl 19 ( I am now lvl 31 ). He asked me if I could help him, and he will do anything but gift stuff.. I said, " Sure, and when we are done, can you take me to Mooshu? Theres this pet that gives a card at Adult. " After that, he said, " Sure. Now, you need to help me find me 10 Stone Blocks." Then, I was his friend, then said, " Alright. " I found 6/10 Stone Blocks, and he found 4/10 Stone Blocks. He said, " Thanks. " Then I said, " Can you take me to Mooshu? " When I said that, he deleted me from his Friend's List, and said, " Laters noob! XD ", then left me. I got very mad, and sorta sad. I never trusted a Grandmaster.
EVER. AGAIN.

not all grands are that bad. i'm not! :-). but you should be careful about those kinds of offers. especially considering the levels in your situation. the only thing you can do right now is to learn from this and think offers like this through.

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
well it is because sometimes muted or new ppl or young kids interrupt the conversation between the grandmasters and the interrupter does not get the message there is the occasional sweety or soft understanding person that tells you(For some reason alot of death wizards are nicer than life ppl) "Sorry we are in a conversation right now can you plz come back later"but that is not always the case.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:

It's just silly to say that a wizard must ask before jumping into every street battle. The game is meant to be a collaborative game. If it was meant as a solo game, every battle would be in a little private room.

Oh, and this "ask for my permission before entering my battle" thing is getting worse. Yesterday, my level 57 life wizard was in CL with a friend. My friend was caught in a battle where there were other wizards. One of them called my friend a "mute", and then started cursing at both of us for joining "HIS" battle. It wasn't his battle. IT IS A GROUP GAME. That's why there are four sigils in every battle circle, instead of one.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Theurgist, Level 57
Rowan Earthsong, Sorceress, Level 53
Scarlet Ravensong, Pyromancer, Level 50
Alexandria Dreamwalker, Conjuress, Level 18
Moira Shadowmancer, Necromancer, Level 5

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Its not just grandmasters (or legendary), none of my wizards have ever been called a noob, but I have seen wizards calling other(often lower leveled) wizards noobs as a kinda lame attempt to make someone feel sad and/or weak (or make them selves feel stronger). However like someone stated before, KI can't inforce manners. What you can do is A. Ignore them B. (Like I have seen people post in many threads) just say thank you and walk away leaving them speechless C. Report them and then get busted for false reporting (I don't recomend that last one)

Amber Stormsong master diviner

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
the only reason we do these things is because i forgot who posted it but some one did its like this.

low lvl:can i go to cl
legendary:i kinda busy can you come later
low lvl: I WANNA GO TO CL
legendary:fine

five minutes later
low lvl: Can you help me in cl?
legendary:OH MY GOSH

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
I am a level 44 Master Life, and I still agree! Just because they are lower levels, doesn't mean they are 'noobs'. I have met new players who knew more about Wizard 101 than me! It isn't just the higher levles, though. I have seen almost anything above Novice make fun of the new players. Someone might make fun of lower levels because they were made fun of when they were low levels? Whatever the reason, we all were lower levles once, so lay off them people!

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
StormWizard1201 wrote:
EVER. AGAIN.

um most grands and legends WILL do that. you really expect us to bring you to a world you cant be in?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
ic0517 wrote:
Anything less than 60 is a noob.

no anything less than 50 is a noob

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
This might not be reportable ( :( I WANT IT TO BE REPORTABLE ) but that doesnt mean you can do it! I might be a grandmaster but when I was like a level two or something and a grandmaster walked up to me and this is what happened:

Grandmaster: Oh hai Katherine Noobsong!

Me: Noob is no longer an insult

Grandmaster: Says who?

Me: The dictionary! Noob means new person it comes from the word n00b used in the military ( i think )

Grandmaster: BOOK WORM!

Me: Well that explains why I always get good grades :D

Grandmaster: :P

Me: :P is no longer an insult :D BYE :D

That's basically what happened! NO MORE NOOBS! Wait no, noobs are new players, HI NEW PLAYERS :D :D :D :D MERRY CHRISTMAS