Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why PvP is ruining the game

AuthorMessage
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
They are so many reason why PvP is ruining the game.
1. Wild Bolt. Wild Bolt was fine the way it was. But some people complained so much that they "fixed"it. I hate that word. Fixed it. There was nothing to fix!

How to fix it now: Bring back old bolt and for those who dont like it, PvP isnt nececcasrry for the game.

2. Unbalance: Look a balance dispell isnt needed. Get a tower shield treasure or something. I hate when people say balance is overpowered. you think they're overpowered look at storm!

How to fix it: Get rid of unbalance, or just like balance blades and hexs work for EVERY school. Make unbalance dispell any school's spell including balances.

3. 2 pip wands: Two pip wands were so good. Once again the complainers lashed out at this.

How to fix it: Make two pip wands "no pvp" and make them 115 damage. And you get them from trial of spheres.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
the original wild bolt wont even kill or likely come close to killing a well equipped legendary ice player, the last ice player my storm went up against took only around 1/3rd damage from storm without using shields or anything of the sort

as to balance dispels, ya, if dispels are against all other characters then they should be against balance as well, as to them not being needed I agree with you 100% in that all dispels should be removed from the game as they are basically cheat cards, you use them in game play to rid all real damage against you at little cost, you use it in PvP with 1 pip treasures when going first to rid virtually all pips from your opponent and cause of that they also act like stun card cause once you have one on you often you lose a turn or two trying to remove it

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
There is another option:

Make a message base called PVP, and have all messages about pvp be posted in there. Any message that has the letters PVP in it will be moved to this base. However, allow people to NOT read that base.That way, people who don't pvp don't have to read them.

There is a problem with that though, many of the complaints about pvp have repercussions in pve in one form or another, it may not be a good thing after all. After all, when things change in pve, why is that? Think about it, most of the changes in pve have been because of pvp. It kind of stinks.

Perhaps the only real solution to have 2 completely different scenerios:

1. Gear and cards for pve

2. Gear and cards for pvp

Each would be exclusive to the area you are in. That way, all of the complaints about pvp wouldn't change anything in the pve area.

On here and on wizard 101central I have asked for a filter to block out forums (threads) that I don't want to read. So far neither has been able to allow me to filter pvp threads (or any forums) so I'm forced to weed through the flotsam and jetsam.

Rogan Firehammer

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
I agree, i never heard about the 2 pip wand complaint, i dont pvp a lot anymore. I hope they change wild bolt and take out unbalance.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
PvP kills the game because they just keep giving to the PvPers and dont care about the quest players.

pets and gardening is just there to keep regular players from complaining too much about the changes that seem to favor the PvPers.

they killed bolt and now the PvPers are working on judgement,before long if your not a regular PvPer then all you'll endup doing is standing there and let those PvPers who live for PvP kill you because you will not have any spells that worth anything for hits,but you know we got to keep PvPers happy,and the rest of us well to bad get over it.

PvP need not affect the rest of the game,if PvPers dont like something then change it for them(in PvP) and quitchanging it for quest players.

OH,one more thing dispells in arena I really thing is a bad ideal,treasure cards take them out of PvP,and hammer the foul language in PvP and bullies.
thats the main reason i quit playing PvP,bad sportsmenship i can deal with but the language is just a little to much,they cuss like a bunch of drunken marines,this is a kids game and no child should talk like that or be exposed to that kind of language.

Michael RedBlood death school

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
agreed pvp complainers are the WORST thing that happened to the game

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
1. Wild Bolt. Wild Bolt was fine the way it was. But some people complained so much that they "fixed"it. I hate that word. Fixed it. There was nothing to fix!

How to fix it now: Bring back old bolt and for those who dont like it, PvP isnt nececcasrry for the game.

2. Unbalance: Look a balance dispell isnt needed. Get a tower shield treasure or something. I hate when people say balance is overpowered. you think they're overpowered look at storm!

How to fix it: Get rid of unbalance, or just like balance blades and hexs work for EVERY school. Make unbalance dispell any school's spell including balances.

3. 2 pip wands: Two pip wands were so good. Once again the complainers lashed out at this.

How to fix it: Make two pip wands "no pvp" and make them 115 damage. And you get them from trial of spheres.
I have a better solution, multiply all health by 10, including players and enemies, players would then have to compete in epic battles to the finish and be able to take a few hits while reshuffle would be a must have including doom and gloom and infection

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
like i said in another post, bolt was changed because of the accuracy enchantments in the sun school and the level 58 storm gear has +26% accuracy plus unstoppable which is 25%= about 60% for a wild bolt thats why they changed it. i too am a storm, i didnt bolt much so this update didnt really upset me or anything.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009

lots of people love pvp and KI isnt going to get rid of it just because one person complained. if you dont like it than fine. just dont use it. just because you think its bad doesnt mean everyone should stop.

-Fallon Thundercatcher
Level 24, Diviner(Storm Wizard)

Defender
May 17, 2009
thunderfeet101 wrote:

lots of people love pvp and KI isnt going to get rid of it just because one person complained. if you dont like it than fine. just dont use it. just because you think its bad doesnt mean everyone should stop.

-Fallon Thundercatcher

Just because ONE person complained? Do you know how many millions of people who play this game hate the changes that PvP has caused. And, the reason we don't like it isn't because it changed PvE, we already aren't doing it. Tons of people think it's bad and many more people have quit because of changes made by PvP, much more people than would quit if PvP was stopped. As an alternative people can play PvP but KI should ignore anyone in PvP complaining, becuase it is ruining the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
thunderfeet101 wrote:

-Fallon Thundercatcher

dude i think you didnt even read this. this isnt about that he doesnt like pvp its that to many things are getting changed because of complainers.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
What PVP changed: (Or PVPers complained about)

1. Wild Bolt

2. Judgement (Unbalance)

3. Polymorph treasure cards (I don't use them in PVP, so...)

4. The Two-pip wand spells

5. No PVP for the exilirs and henchmen

They better not ask for more changes. 5 is enough.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010

1. Wild Bolt

2. Judgement (Unbalance)

Dear KI,
I know that you'll read this so i addressed this to you:
As you can see, lots of people are yelling and screaming about these changes, hollering that all things should go back to the way things were. They are partly right but we need to step back and look at the situation.

Wild Bolt: I started the game as a fire but recently switched to storm looking for better things. One of the spells I was looking for was wild bolt. Unfortunately I found out that wild bolt had been changed, to the point at which it was useless. Now, let's step back and think about this without my storm bias. Wild bolt was being used mercilessly in PvP as a way for storms to become warlords fast. But not every storm was doing it! Only a fraction of the population. In fact non-bolting storms disliked the bolting storms because they were making a bad name for the school. Now look what they've done. There is no reason that all of Storm should be "punished" here. A way to fix this would be to allow players to report others for unsportsmanlike conduct (aka allow excessive wild bolt usage to be in that category) but really, doesn't that sound silly? All players need to do is learn how to get around that spell. One tower would break it's 1,000 damage in half. Another thing you could do is make it worth more pips... after all Leviathan (1,008 damage i believe) is eight. Anyhow, on to the next subject.

Unbalance: I play with my family and my "real-life" friends and we have multiple balance people in our ranks. Now I've asked them and they like unbalance. It makes them "feel more included, since balance seems to always be the odd man out. Kinda like a two headed snake. We're extraordinarily dangerous but we're different. We don't have shields or actual balance traps!" See, the unbalance doesn't have to be used just for PvP, but PvE as well. Just let this one play out and see how it goes. This might just make up for the lack of Balance shields.

Polymorph Treasures: Alright, now this is one of the better decisions made with the update. I understand that polymorphs were useful treasure cards but people did use them (just like wild bolt) too much, just so they could win. It was unfair in PvP. I understand that they were useful in PvE but all you need to do is train in moon school, or bring someone along who is.

Two Pip Wands: In what sound argument was this change based on? Who cares how many pips a wand gives? If you don't like it, get one yourself. That's all there is to it.

Elixers & Henchmen: This is another needless argument. Please tell us who cares about this? It's unfair and that's that. If you don't like it, as another poster said, don't do PvP.

Thank you for reading this (hopefully) and sorry for such a long post,

Tavia Lionflower (Level 56 fire)
Julia Lionflower (Level 30 storm)

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
mistystar13 wrote:

1. Wild Bolt

2. Judgement (Unbalance)

Dear KI,
As you can see, lots of people are yelling and screaming about these changes, hollering that all things should go back to the way things were. They are partly right but we need to step back and look at the situation.

Wild Bolt: I started the game as a fire but recently switched to storm looking for better things. One of the spells I was looking for was wild bolt. Unfortunately I found out that wild bolt had been changed, to the point at which it was useless. Now, let's step back and think about this without my storm bias. Wild bolt was being used mercilessly in PvP as a way for storms to become warlords fast. But not every storm was doing it! Only a fraction of the population. In fact non-bolting storms disliked the bolting storms because they were making a bad name for the school. Now look what they've done. There is no reason that all of Storm should be "punished" here. A way to fix this would be to allow players to report others for unsportsmanlike conduct (aka allow excessive wild bolt usage to be in that category) but really, doesn't that sound silly? All players need to do is learn how to get around that spell. One tower would break it's 1,000 damage in half. Another thing you could do is make it worth more pips... after all Leviathan (1,008 damage i believe) is eight. Anyhow, on to the next subject.

Unbalance: I play with my family and my "real-life" friends and we have multiple balance people in our ranks. Now I've asked them and they like unbalance. It makes them "feel more included, since balance seems to always be the odd man out. Kinda like a two headed snake. We're extraordinarily dangerous but we're different. We don't have shields or actual balance traps!" See, the unbalance doesn't have to be used just for PvP, but PvE as well. Just let this one play out and see how it goes. This might just make up for the lack of Balance shields.

Polymorph Treasures: Alright, now this is one of the better decisions made with the update. I understand that polymorphs were useful treasure cards but people did use them (just like wild bolt) too much, just so they could win. It was unfair in PvP. I understand that they were useful in PvE but all you need to do is train in moon school, or bring someone along who is.

Two Pip Wands: In what sound argument was this change based on? Who cares how many pips a wand gives? If you don't like it, get one yourself. That's all there is to it.

Elixers & Henchmen: This is another needless argument. Please tell us who cares about this? It's unfair and that's that. If you don't like it, as another poster said, don't do PvP.

I'm just saying the changes, i'm not argueing about it. My point is that PVP changed a lot. :?

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009

I think they need to take PvP out completely instead of specifying rules for it, then they could bring the old wild bolt back and bring back 2 pip wands but even without PvP they should keep unbalance, also they could add a balance shield without PvP.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Wizzgal wrote:
mistystar13 wrote:

1. Wild Bolt

2. Judgement (Unbalance)

Dear KI,

I'm just saying the changes, i'm not argueing about it. My point is that PVP changed a lot. :?

I think they need to take PvP out completely instead of specifying rules for it, then they could bring the old wild bolt back and bring back 2 pip wands but even without PvP they should keep unbalance, also they could add a balance shield without PvP.

Wizzgal: Um, I'm not saying that you're arguing. I am simply using your post as a part of mine. I'm not being critical in any way.

Bravevline: Well they could do that, but if they did they would lose a giant amount of their players. Sorry but I doubt this plan has even entered KI's minds.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
My level 32 ice (Her name is Laura Iceheart) has a two pip wand. Yes I know, but it seems like one because on the first round she has two pips.

Caroline Sunbright Level 59 Life
Brittany Rainriver Level 45 Storm
Emily Spiritriver Level 39 Death
Laura Icehear Level 32 Ice
Nicole Jadesword Level 25 Balance

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
PVP only ruins the game for unskilled players that don't know what they are doing. I enjoy pvp and it rocks