Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-17-10

AuthorMessage
Administrator
As the year comes to a close, so do Feedback Fridays. This will be the last of 2010 as we all settle down for a long winter's nap, and we'll resume January 7th. As always...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

So we sung the praises of Celestia, now it's time to tell us how we can do even better. Since all the other updates were definitely a distant second, tell us what ONE thing you would have us improve upon.

Since I'm inviting you to talk about some not-so-positive things, let's first talk about constructive criticism. I know it's easier to just say you don't like something, but it's most helpful when you can also tell us not only why, but what you would do better.

Instead of saying "I think the new mounts stink!", what's more helpful to us is saying "What I don't like about the the new mounts are that when they swim, they make me a little queasy."

Happy holidays, and we're looking forward to your feedback!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
I'm not sure if i fully undersand the question or not but one thing i would have liked to been seen added was School mounts like centaur for life and bloodbat for myth or something like. For some level 60 quest. I again didnt understand but this is what i wanted to have been added

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
I think taking out the "r" button was a mistake. I understand it could be used to harass people. But it only worked when both wizards whispered to each other. I would remove the right click button instead. It allows any player to whisper any player in the text box.

I think the collection rates in Celestia are horrible. The drops are not fast enough. It has taken me two to three hours to get two or three items. I would like to see at least one item dropped per battle.

Crafting is outrageous. Reagents are like platinum right now. Competition is fierce for all common reagents and deadly for the rarest ones. The recipes require way to many of all the common and rare reagents right now. I would adjust the number of reagents per recipe, reagents regenerate quicker, have more of them scattered about and have rare reagents drop more.

Megan and kids

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I will probably come up with a few things but throwing this one out first. But to caveat, I LOVE this game! So anything I say is completely in the desire to improve an already awesome game!

One thing KI hasn't yet mastered is the tension between players who PVP and those who mostly quest and battle NPCs. There have been many changes during the game (e.g., 4x stun shield, changes to Wild Bolt) that are primarily driven by PVP but are very detrimental to those of use who mainly quest. There must be some way to address this, either by removing certain spells or not allowing certain boosts only in PVP. I don't PVP so have no view on what would work for them, but the current "one size fits all" approach isn't working.

I still love the game though! Thanks!!!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I like the gardening update, but find myself running low on energy even with out having an enormous amount of plants and having the max energy of 70. I believe we need a different globe for plant energy that replenishes quicker than the pet energy.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
As the year comes to a close, so do Feedback Fridays. This will be the last of 2010 as we all settle down for a long winter's nap, and we'll resume January 7th. As always...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

So we sung the praises of Celestia, now it's time to tell us how we can do even better. Since all the other updates were definitely a distant second, tell us what ONE thing you would have us improve upon.

Since I'm inviting you to talk about some not-so-positive things, let's first talk about constructive criticism. I know it's easier to just say you don't like something, but it's most helpful when you can also tell us not only why, but what you would do better.

Instead of saying "I think the new mounts stink!", what's more helpful to us is saying "What I don't like about the the new mounts are that when they swim, they make me a little queasy."

Happy holidays, and we're looking forward to your feedback!

honestly, i dont like the NEW wild bolt complainers, saying they hate the new changes to wild bolt. so lets PLEASE end it by putting a "no wild bolt rule" in pvp and changing the new bolt to the old. i am not a complainer, but that will stop everyone from complaining if we ban wild bolt from pvp. pretty please? x summons heck hound x do it for the cute puppy face heckhound! x summons efreet x if you do it, he will grant you three wishes!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Well, this isn't a hateful question, or something similar, but what I don't get is why that zebra guy is always in Golem Court and also next to Prospector Zeke in every world. (Some of them) I want to know why that horse dude is always there.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Well, one thing I disliked about the year was the banning of Enchanted Treasure Cards from trade. Quite a few people liked that, and it gave many a chance to help without a commitment in (often limited) time. What I suggest is not a reversal (believe me, I tried), but an amendment permitting Treasure Cards, Enchanted or no, into the Shared Bank. That waym one would still have to earn the cards.

Also, I believe the Gardening system is flawed, as the pot and plant count as two pieces of Furniture, cannot be moved, and the Plants tend to rack up Wants and Pests rather quickly, calling for near-constant monitoring; as many players attend an academic institution, this creates yet another bit of stress, as they hope that their Plants haven't gotten ill during the 5-day break. The solutions to these dilemmas are, in my opinion, clear enough to go unstated.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
The biggest issue I have in 2010 is the fact that there was a massive influx of Crowns Only items that aren't available as Permanent Drops. On February 24th you guys told us to stop farming for Wings because the 'Drop rate was too low' and would would be fixed.

Since then, it's been almost 10 months and we haven't received any word since then, without the rate for Seraph and Bat wings being fixed, with the following 'Crowns Only' mounts also not available as drops:

Dream Filly
Swiftshadow Wings
Manta Ray
Sea Turtle
Ancient Koi
Spritely Seahorse
Rugged Seahorse
Snappy Lobster
Swift Shark

Also, you have not released the 'Boss Drop' Mounts you guys had talked about last October...

What I would love to see for Christmas is Permanent Mounts dropping from bosses, not just the One Day Rentals in Wizard City!

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
I would like if the level 58 gear would not be sold in Bazaar. And with the 58 spells. I like them but should we have gotten a pet or something? Other wise I love the new stuff. Can't wait for the new stuff!

Thomas Swifthistle, Legendary Ice

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Okay, so basically one of the things that i would like K.I. to improve upon would be this:

Watching PvP duels, I htink that it might be a little bit better for pvp duel watchers if they could have a bit more information on the battles, for example, you can't see the following:
-the dueling wizards health
-the time before they run out of time to choose their spells
-and it's just rather hard to get a good look at them sometimes so maybe one could choose between two different camera options while watching PvP duels.

I think that these are at least rather important however not that terribly important but it's something I would like changed.

Sincerely,
Stephen

PS. I think that Wizard101 is already a pretty darn good game and is more child friendly that a lot of others and at a reasonable price so keep up the good work on it because its defiantly something that I enjoy playing.

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
PVP matching and ranking. As soon as my wizards hit "Captain" they are all of a sudden pitted against privates that are sometimes 20 levels higher in rank. A loss for that match is usually -25 points or so from my rank and a win only +3, despite the huge wealth of higher level spells available to the opposing wizard. Level of wizard should have a bigger effect on the points awarded at the end of the match.

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
First off I have to say, I love Celestia. Its a nice challenge to those of us that have been Grandmasters for way to long. :D It is a beautifully done world. I fell in love with the district of the stars.

There are two things that I think could use tweaking. The drop rate or regen. rate on reagents. Not just the ones in CL. But because of the crafting in CL the lower level wizards are having trouble getting enough reagents to craft for thier quests. I restarted my balance wizard due to wanting training points back. Trying to do my crafting was very hard. The need for stone blocks and ore are there. I would have my grandmaster friends porting to me to collect both items, which in turn made it hard for not only me but the other wizards at the same level as me.

The other thing I would like to see tweaked is furniture. there are a couple of CL furniture pieces that would be great if we could place them inside or outside. Mainly because the CL stuff is huge and you don't realize this until you go to place it. Such as the Crab table and the fountain wall sconse. And overall more outdoor plants for all the worlds. Like the hedgerows and such. I would like to be able to get some of those boxed in hedgerows for the courtyard for my fantasy palace. You can see them in the worlds but can not buy them. And of course wall paper and flooring. Hope we get some interesting CL ones.

Taryn Dreamhaven Magus Balance Wizard
Paige LotusBlossom Grandmaster Life

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I would had like a couple more new spells for the current schools. You should had brought more new spells, KI. We were LONG overdue for new spells. There should at least had been something smaller for the current schools along with the 8 pip spells.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
I don't like how the mounts move the same way on land as in the water. If they are fish, have them flop around or at least not be allowed for use out of water.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
I'd like to see the quests changed that require a player to kill 50 mobs to loot an item that they all should have. For instance, if I need to gather sharks teeth and I kill two sharks I should get some teeth, not kill two sharks and not get any teeth. My play time is limited and I really hate using it killing the same mob repeatedly for no real reason.

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
I definetly think you should add more to Pet Training! It takes so long and is boring! You should add a pet world for pet quests. They could give XP and pet furniture like chew toys and little houses for them [doghouses]. The XP could replace your games for people who didnt enjoy them. I would love that! :D

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
Well I suggest you should make Crowns items sell able, because they are worth as much as they sell for at bazaar .., so I dont get why this one item that was sell able for 3222 gold Others are sell able even though are a bit more

Community Leader
I have been thinking about this one for a few days.
One thing I believe that could be improved on for Celestia is the rate of the item drop for quests. Such as the you need so many of this type item from this type enemy.

One thing I wish I was able to do within whole game is to be able to name the spell decks, I have different decks for different reasons. I wish I could name them.

Thank you again for a wonderful Feed Back Friday.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
My pet peeve it the teleporting. There are many times when I have people porting to me without asking. This has caused me to loose battles because they brought in an extra mob and I was low on life.

I know that is has been brought up many times on the boards, but I hope KI will seriously correcting the problems in a future update. What I would like to see is an option like the friend option. Where it could have an accept or decline to allow someone to port. I know that you can turn of your port, but if you are in trouble and need a friends help, by the time you hit the esc button, turn on the port and tell them it is ok to port, you could be dead or even worse, someone that you didn't want to port to you ports.

The other thing I would like to see is a comment for the menu chat. There are times when my menu chat friends need help, but I can't tell them I'm in a dungeon, and all I can say is that I'm busy or I will be with them in a minute, I am in a fight. It would be nice to have a statement that states that "I am in a dungeon", so they know you won't be able to help.

One last thing. It would be nice when you have to collect something that the odds of getting that item where increased. I actually spent 3 days trying to collect 3 items. Please don't misunderstand, it isn't the number of items that have to be collected, but the chances of collecting the items that I have difficulty with.

Well, those all the things that I would like to see.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
It would be great on many levels if it were possible to program several hotkey gear combinations.

3 or 4 would be great. This includes every part of the gear including decks and pets.

Have another way for pets to duel besides racing. I think the pet cannons would be a great way. Just like the minigame but instead of shooting the target wizards would be across from each other trying to hit each other.

Please, Please, Please- tower defense for for the standard minigames.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
GodPryoMaster wrote:
Well I suggest you should make Crowns items sell able, because they are worth as much as they sell for at bazaar .., so I dont get why this one item that was sell able for 3222 gold Others are sell able even though are a bit more

Yes, you should be able to sell crowns stuff, even though you can buy gold. For example, i think 10 000 crowns gets you 25 000 gold, but my ice house that cost 10 000 crowns sells at the bazzar (no auction :( ) for more like 35 000 gold KI, you should make gold cost less in crowns (OUTRAGEOUS!! ) or you should make crowns stuff sellable. Thanks for reading!

Evan Shadow
Adept Thaumaturge
Level 27

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
i honestly think that osseus nightwreaver needs to be tweaked he's too hard even when i'm legendary! please kingsisle fix it and people who say you need to do it harder etc. guys it only starts me getting furious

hunter legendwraith level60 necromancer

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
First I want to commend KI on a fantastic game! Thank you for giving us a varity of activities to help make the game more interesting and appealing to different tastes. With anything new, there are always ways to improve and it is refreshing to have a company requesting suggestions to do that.

With that said, I find it frustrating to have to choose between pet leveling and gardening because of the energy issue. I like the seperate globe idea which allows us to do both.

Pet leveling is a tedious project. I would like to see another options in leveling. I think the current system works through adult, however at that time we should have the option to be able to use the talents the pets have gained in battle to get xp toward the ancient and epic levels.

The addition of sunstone and sandstone as drops has helped the crafting issues. Most recipes in CL and in grandmaster quest require these regents. I would like to see more of a variety in the regents needed for the recipes to avoid the problems we are having with so many people searching for the same "ingredient".

The lower levels porting to higher levels has been a problem especially with the "power leveling" issue. I suggest that if a lower level ports to help in an area they don't have access to, they recieve any drops but no or minimial xp.

Survivor
May 16, 2010
superluther wrote:
I like the gardening update, but find myself running low on energy even with out having an enormous amount of plants and having the max energy of 70. I believe we need a different globe for plant energy that replenishes quicker than the pet energy.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

yes i would like to see another globe for the gardening, it's hard to train your pets and gardening at the same time

Scarlet DragonBlossom lvl 60 Storm