Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My ideas for fixing storm

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Storm isn't doing so well in PvP tournaments and the like cause it was hit hard with all the changes tossing it from a mediocre to strong PvP character into a weak one.

On the celestia test realm storm players loved the two pip wand and the one pip reduction enhancement card. Both of these were not included when it came to the live realm. At legendary storm has low life, little to no storm resist, and has low pip chance while there are all types of storm resistances on other character's equipment to take away storm's damage advantages. Then storm's wild bolt card which many storm players used as their primary attack was changed to the point where most storm players no longer will even use it. Storm lost a lot of its quickness and a lot of its damage, expecially in 1v1 play.

If the newest wild bolt is to be kept, I'd like to see the middle damage increased by a couple hundred points. I'd also like a version of the original wild bolt to be given to storm that has around 750 base damage rather than the original 1000 (this allows it to be enhanced without changing it much, I'd even go as low as 600 base, though I think 750 would be about right).

Finally, I think storm, and only storm, should be given the one pip reduction card. This balances storm's low pip chance out a bit while reducing storm's damage for speed and helps storm to get first stun almost as fast as fire school can. As many schools have one hundred percent pip chance, the ridding of the one pip reduction card really hurt storm worse than any other class (ice might have been hurt a bit but ice is supposed to be slow in exchange for its health advantage, at the moment ice has health advantage and the same speed as storm). Also keep in mind that if storm uses a one pip reduction enhancement card storm will not be able to use a strength enhancement card so storm would essentially sacrifice damage for speed.

In short, storm needs its speed back including its 1v1 damage potential that its old wild bolt once had. Keep in mind that a full strength wild bolt that hits critical now will typically not be enough to one hit a legendary ice player and that is without shields.

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
Everything you say is completly off really. You cannot give storm the old wild bolt back with the hugely increased acc that CL gave.

And storm is by far still the fastest hitter even in 1vs1 you just gotta know how, something i suspect you don't.

I'm seen matches where storm going first 1 shots the opposing player on the first turn with a crit wild bolt...skill?

I don't play storm but tried my GFs and hit warlord in less then 24 hours with it.

New tactics is all you need.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
level 60 storm gear with storm resist included on it would also help quite a bit

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
seasnake wrote:
Storm isn't doing so well in PvP tournaments and the like cause it was hit hard with all the changes tossing it from a mediocre to strong PvP character into a weak one.

On the celestia test realm storm players loved the two pip wand and the one pip reduction enhancement card. Both of these were not included when it came to the live realm. At legendary storm has low life, little to no storm resist, and has low pip chance while there are all types of storm resistances on other character's equipment to take away storm's damage advantages. Then storm's wild bolt card which many storm players used as their primary attack was changed to the point where most storm players no longer will even use it. Storm lost a lot of its quickness and a lot of its damage, expecially in 1v1 play.

If the newest wild bolt is to be kept, I'd like to see the middle damage increased by a couple hundred points. I'd also like a version of the original wild bolt to be given to storm that has around 750 base damage rather than the original 1000 (this allows it to be enhanced without changing it much, I'd even go as low as 600 base, though I think 750 would be about right).

Finally, I think storm, and only storm, should be given the one pip reduction card. This balances storm's low pip chance out a bit while reducing storm's damage for speed and helps storm to get first stun almost as fast as fire school can. As many schools have one hundred percent pip chance, the ridding of the one pip reduction card really hurt storm worse than any other class (ice might have been hurt a bit but ice is supposed to be slow in exchange for its health advantage, at the moment ice has health advantage and the same speed as storm). Also keep in mind that if storm uses a one pip reduction enhancement card storm will not be able to use a strength enhancement card so storm would essentially sacrifice damage for speed.

In short, storm needs its speed back including its 1v1 damage potential that its old wild bolt once had. Keep in mind that a full strength wild bolt that hits critical now will typically not be enough to one hit a legendary ice player and that is without shields.

not doing so well!?!?!?!?!?!?!? they are OWNING people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop trying to make storm overpowered seasnake!!!!!!!!!!!! its ALMOST already overpowered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP YOUR WHINING!!!!!!!!!!!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Storm is weak? You got tempest and if there is storm resist on an enemy use a prism! If we kept the old Storm then it'd be even more overpowered from what you say and all these other posts about new Storm having an advantage over people.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Did you know my fire went up against a storm and I was second and killed with a wild bolt in round one and never got to play a single card? Did you know that storm gets the highest crit chance and highest clothes buffs? Did you know a simple storm lord with no blades or traps can do over 2k damage through arena gear and cast stun on the opponent? Did you know that my life who has never lost to a storm in hundreds of matches finally lost going second because a crit leviathan killed her with full health? No, storm does not need anymore help.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
Well I have to disagree with you, sry. As I see and many others I talk to, Storm wizards dominate at PVP. In fact I see them clobber ice and other schools all the time. Most of us non-storm wizards dont have a chance against a legendary storm.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Mordikay wrote:
Everything you say is completly off really. You cannot give storm the old wild bolt back with the hugely increased acc that CL gave.

And storm is by far still the fastest hitter even in 1vs1 you just gotta know how, something i suspect you don't.

I'm seen matches where storm going first 1 shots the opposing player on the first turn with a crit wild bolt...skill?

I don't play storm but tried my GFs and hit warlord in less then 24 hours with it.

New tactics is all you need.

I have a legendary storm, life, and balance and storm is currently by far the worst in PvP of all of them.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:

Mm hmm, like Critical Hits that double your power. Quite inconvenient.

On the celestia test realm storm players loved the two pip wand and the one pip reduction enhancement card.

You did. Personally. This cannot be applied to all Diviners.

Both of these were not included when it came to the live realm. At legendary storm has low life, little to no storm resist, and has low pip chance

All to compensate for the inane Damage levels.

while there are all types of storm resistances on other character's equipment to take away storm's damage advantages.

Not to mention Resist bonuses on Storm Gear to help them survive longer.

Then storm's wild bolt card which many storm players used as their primary attack was changed to the point where most storm players no longer will even use it.

Relying on a card that hits 1 time out of 10? Yeah, right.

Storm lost a lot of its quickness and a lot of its damage, expecially in 1v1 play.

That statement only applies to Diviners incapable of strategizing.

If the newest wild bolt is to be kept, I'd like to see the middle damage increased by a couple hundred points.

That...

Actually seems almost sensible.

I'd also like a version of the original wild bolt to be given to storm that has around 750 base damage rather than the original 1000 (this allows it to be enhanced without changing it much, I'd even go as low as 600 base, though I think 750 would be about right).

One or the other, buddy. Not both.

Finally, I think storm, and only storm, should be given the one pip reduction card.

You are referring to "Simplify," correct? Like heck.

This balances storm's low pip chance out a bit

Which was already balanced by low Pip cost compared to Damage.

while reducing storm's damage for speed

Last I checked, neither Simplify nor Elucidate reduced the Damage dealt.

and helps storm to get first stun almost as fast as fire school can.

Storm's. Focus. Is. On. Pure. Power. Not. Frustrating. The. Enemy. Got it?

As many schools have one hundred percent pip chance, the ridding of the one pip reduction card really hurt storm worse than any other class (ice might have been hurt a bit but ice is supposed to be slow in exchange for its health advantage, at the moment ice has health advantage and the same speed as storm).

Equipment bonuses to PowerPip chance is what you speak of when you say "100% Pip chance," am I wrong? If that's the case, Storm can shoot off it's deadly Spells even faster.

Also keep in mind that if storm uses a one pip reduction enhancement card storm will not be able to use a strength enhancement card so storm would essentially sacrifice damage for speed.

NOT that Storm needs a Damage boost, mind you.

In short, storm needs its speed back including its 1v1 damage potential that its old wild bolt once had.

Just use your best Spell, and pay no mind to whether it's single-target or AoE.

Keep in mind that a full strength wild bolt that hits critical now will typically not be enough to one hit a legendary ice player and that is without shields.

Keep in mind that Ice focuses on survival at the cost of strength and accuracy.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
legendary storm only has around 70% power pip chance if they go with the crafted ring and athame that boosts their healing the best and which is highly needed given their low health and need to heal to survive, storm's legendary health is only around 2200

storm has high in game damage but not that high in PvP damage as storm resist is very common on the gear of those storm goes up against, the last ice player I played against took only around 1/3rd damage from storm without the use of shields or anything

storm fails to kill quickly and fails to do more than about anyone else damage wise due to the resists, since all others do good damage now storm health of 2200 means the damage everyone else deals kills storm faster than storm kills them given storms higher damage but everyone else's 800 or so higher health, the damage to health trade off of who you are up against doesn't add up