Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My opinion on Before and Now

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 30, 2009
When Wizard101 first started there were few things you were allowed to do. Like mark a spot, which in my opinion is AMAZING.

- To me, wizards now are taking things for granted. They're so power hungry, it's not even funny. If you win in PVP, they'll have a gang on you trying to report you.
If you don't gift them a mount, they'll report you for anything they could think of.

Wizards now have to have . Open Chat, just so they can say things and make fun of other people. They have to have the best clothes, so if someone try's to mess with them "Oh, I can so win in PVP." PVP seems to be the biggest and baddest way of showing who you really are. You have to have the best mix of pets, and the best mounts, and the best house. You need to have a lot of crowns.

I for one, am happy we have all of this stuff. But why can't we all just live in harmony. Gaming isn't supposed to be disappointing to us. It's supposed to be something good. We have an original life, which is hard enough. But some people have it extra hard at home, and people don't know about it sometimes family is your worst critic, they judge everything about you. And they know almost everything about you.

- - Why can't we all just get a long?

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
If you falsely report someone, that is one less false reporter KI then faces.

You are also talking about the worst of the worst in this game.

Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
XMike551X wrote:
When Wizard101 first started there were few things you were allowed to do. Like mark a spot, which in my opinion is AMAZING.

- To me, wizards now are taking things for granted. They're so power hungry, it's not even funny. If you win in PVP, they'll have a gang on you trying to report you.
If you don't gift them a mount, they'll report you for anything they could think of.

Wizards now have to have . Open Chat, just so they can say things and make fun of other people. They have to have the best clothes, so if someone try's to mess with them "Oh, I can so win in PVP." PVP seems to be the biggest and baddest way of showing who you really are. You have to have the best mix of pets, and the best mounts, and the best house. You need to have a lot of crowns.

I for one, am happy we have all of this stuff. But why can't we all just live in harmony. Gaming isn't supposed to be disappointing to us. It's supposed to be something good. We have an original life, which is hard enough. But some people have it extra hard at home, and people don't know about it sometimes family is your worst critic, they judge everything about you. And they know almost everything about you.

I totally agree. I am a sensitive guy who people with open chat calls me noob and say i look horrible with a ugly noob hat. They say ugh lee. Can you filter chat a little bit more?

LIST: Ugh lee, Stew pip, noob, and a few others i forgot.

And i havent had the reporting problem, because no one asks me for a gift. But i think they record everything that happens around the time someone reports, so if they see something happening that tells the reporter is lying, theyll ban the reporter instead.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This eventually happens to every MMORPG, and this goes back to the old text MUDs, too. Eventually the bad element comes in and tries to ruin it for everybody else. Dealing with these types is simple: That's what ignore is for, and that's what the KingsIsle staff (via the Report function) is for.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
XMike551X wrote:

My sentiments exactly :)

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
XMike551X wrote:

i agree once i was in the shopping district and someone said this "DONATE TREASURES HERE!" the i said back "NO!" then apparently his bro said " hey stop talking to my bro like that" i say "well i dont wanna give him treasures so back off" he said "thats it i'm reporting you" sure enough i was reported. all those people that think people will give them treasures or gift WE WONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i NEVER gift anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not even my own brother

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
This is why I silently report people who are swearing in the commons. No warnings, nothing. They are violating their Terms of Use, they don't deserve the 'courtesy' of a warning before getting reported. Besides, people feel Reporting someone is a reportable offense, so if I warn them, they start reporting me. I let them get angrier with each other because they accuse each other reporting them.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
Johnist wrote:
This is why I silently report people who are swearing in the commons. No warnings, nothing. They are violating their Terms of Use, they don't deserve the 'courtesy' of a warning before getting reported. Besides, people feel Reporting someone is a reportable offense, so if I warn them, they start reporting me. I let them get angrier with each other because they accuse each other reporting them.

thats a good idea but let me put my 2 cents in here

I have played tons of mmorpgs, text based rpgs, MUDs, and almost anything else you want to name, and i have found that there are always players who will be like this. just ignore them. pay them no mind. what eventually happens is that once you get into the higher worlds, it dosent get great, but it does get a small bit better, and if you still get annoyed switch to a lower populated server. I do that a lot to. just choose the least populated one you can find. then no one is there to annoy you.

if you find someone swearing in the commons, ban them (report them) you've just got to go forward.

I will say that KI should make some function to not accept messages or see text bubbles (besides maybe HELP! so you can help then in battles) so that you dont have to take this

Survivor
May 28, 2009
Johnist wrote:
that is what i do i was in kt and a guy said CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A MOUNT and i say dude no one is gonna give you a mout and he said BACK OF YOU STUPID JACK### then i saw him to a guy who said stop swearing this is a kids game and he said the same thing to him and i reported him

Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
I don't like people being taken advantage of, but honestly...

This sounds like the little and loud complaints of people who have yet to acquire the skills to deal with the adverse personalities they WILL confront in all aspects of life.

It is not the responcibility of KI or any company to create a utopian environment.

Being reported means nothing... Being reported for ACTUALLY doing something wrong is the only time you should ever care and if your responcible for wrong doing you should absolutely be reported.

This is a non issue IMO.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Platious wrote:
I don't like people being taken advantage of, but honestly...

This sounds like the little and loud complaints of people who have yet to acquire the skills to deal with the adverse personalities they WILL confront in all aspects of life.

It is not the responcibility of KI or any company to create a utopian environment.

Being reported means nothing... Being reported for ACTUALLY doing something wrong is the only time you should ever care and if your responcible for wrong doing you should absolutely be reported.

This is a non issue IMO.

This is a little and loud complaint. And, I've acquired skills beyond compare. I'm simply saying, that tolerance is a very big issue. I hope KingsIsle, isn't trying to run a muck-house and let everyone do with it what you will. Obviously the "Report" button is there for a reason. But, I don't use it cause someone comes up to me and says "Noob." I am just simply saying. I think instead of having people "Report" I think their should be Patrol Men/Women, around the place. So, if anyone misuses the rules then their able to get the proper punishment.