Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Rating

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
Ok we all know the new thing called "Critical Rating" well my death person has a 97 critical rating but i still never get it why is this.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
What I want to know is:
HOW do you get a Critical Rating? I have a level 42 Sorcerer

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
96MDH - My death is also 97 on crit. Hits critical quite alot. It's all luck factor. Of course with 130 you will critical more often :)

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Trose, the critical rating comes from clothes and gear. I don't think it's available until level 50.

My life wiz didn't have any critical rating until level 56. Now he has something like 60-70 critical hit rating and an even lower block rating but gets critical hit/heal at least once in any hour of play and actually has done a good job of blocking critical attacks. My Balance has a fairly low level of critical hit but does get a critical hit/heal occassionally.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
Something has definetely been changed my critical rating is over 100 and for the past week I very rarely hit it even with vengance on. I was hitting Critical at least 40-50% now hardly ever. It's a real bummer.

Can someone explain the Critical rating system . I was under the impression that all the stats were in percentage. That being said if your Critical rating is over 100% then you should Critical 100% of the time.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
If you notice the critical rating isnt the chance of it hitting. No one really knows what your chance of hit critical is. I hit it almost all the time.

Austin ShadowHammer Legendary Necromancer

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
trose318 wrote:
What I want to know is:

To get it you have to buy clothes with those stats

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
trose318 wrote:
What I want to know is:

you need to be in cl

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
To clear things up, to get a critical hit, one must have a critical rating above the critical block of an enemy when a wizard goes critical. To get critical rating stats, go to Diego at lvl 50 when he calls for you. Also, KI wanted to steer away from percentage stats as they flawed the game too much already. With this said, once one reaches Legendary, this does not guarantee that a wizard will have a high critical rating as lvl 58+ gear does not give much critical rating or critical block.