Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life treated unfair all around.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Again, the arena people will be very concerned to stop this, just like Wild Bolt. Life is by far my favorite school, it was my first school. I am completely fine with how it is right now. There is NOTHING that could possibly improve its superior power now. Giant Spider, Entangle, and Forest Lord have already been added. Why would a school which is perfect need more than what it already has?

-Alex Lifegiver: Level 58 Life

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Hmm remember life players, you don't have to take damage at all for healing someone like death does, you can give immediate healing unlike balance and fire, your power pips count for your healing spells, why on earth do you crave more power? I see now why arena people hate life, its because of the life players who keep asking for more and always get what they want. I hate the arena, but even I must admit, there must be a limit to power.
-Alex Lifegiver: Level 58 Life

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
bravevline wrote:
I know life gets things most schools do but we get barely any manipulation spells or anything cool like cleanse charm or sacrifice (Just examples.) Life needs something unique that only THEY can do such as removing charms or wards and beguiling an opponent, not JUST healing anybody can learn to do that.

I have to agree with the others who have replied here. I started with a fire wizard and got her to Grand master. Then I started a life wizard and she has surpassed my fire wizard and is now level 60. Life does have it's own unique spells that not any other wizard can learn. I love being able to heal my team mates. Life can solo a lot more than some of the other schools, and yes, does have to have help as well. But I would not delete my life wizard for anything. She is unique. Life wizards ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We now have more fighting power with Forest Lord and I think that is great. But as for making changes on Life, the only thing I could wish for would be Steal Charm like Fire wizards have. Other than that, NO

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
It's my opinion that no school should be complaining about how they're weak now (except for maybe myth, but myth is always gonna be bad). I'm a Storm Student, and I think Storm is probably the weakest school now, fire has finally beaten us! Sad, sad, sad.

Life can heal, you have your little absorb things and your level 58 spell is really good. Wish I could say the same for Storm.

Now before you say, "lolz sturm be strongust becuz it hit hard!?" look at the reality.

1. Bolt is horrible. NO ONE USES IT.

2. Our level 58 spell stinks compared to the Fire genie which does nice damage plus that weakness.

Storm Lord is still a better spell than Levianthan. Who cares about the 2 positives? Nobody! That's who.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
I don't know if any one is reading this but the TLDR version of this can be answered with the following.

The classes in this game can be separated by type. Tank, support, dps, and healing.

Seeing that life is called LIFE one would imagine they specialize in healing.

DPS is made to deal the most damage possible, clearly storm is best for this.

Support is something that can enhance other classes in some way typically through buffs or debuffs. The best bet for this is balance seeing as most of their spells do indeed buff.(I play as balance as well although they can be used to single target DPS it really does not help you out that much in PvE)

Tanking. While tanking is not really something one can do in this game seeing as very few people choose to do so. There is a thing typically known as aggro (SP?) and this is what determines who hits who in PvE (again in most cases I notice it a lot in this game too) I would say Ice is the best school for this due to their life, but they can't really damage as hard as someone in say storm.

Other classes are great for their own reasons but to me there is a clear disadvantage in certain situations depending on who wants to do what. However THAT is the point. The idea of Wizards 101 is to work together for the greater good, NOT to be the world's greatest character over all. Although I like to think I am a very good strategist on balance, and I also like to think that I can take down a good portion of situations in 1v1 I would never think I could take on 4 bad guys vs just myself. I have very few complaints about the game. My only wish for balance would be a higher damaging multiple target spell. Even still I found that teaming up with another player that compliments your class is best. I personally have a good storm player with me almost at all times.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
while life does have the best healing of all the schools, it seems like thats the only thing people remember them for. life should have at least one more spell that removes blades, traps or shields or something. or maybe stealing pips. life should be remembered for more than just healing others.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
actually, the rare healing spells that life gets is amazing, life is an excellent school. can you use rebirth if your ice, death, or any school besides life. sure, you can buy it as a neclace a the bazaar but you have to wait to get all the pips for it, if you are life, you can do it easily with three power pips and one regular pip and it heals everyone and puts spirit armor on them.if you ask me, ice doesnt have any advantage really, ice is a lame, weak version of fire. life is a great school :) (:

Survivor
May 03, 2010
It would be nice if Life has a shield/charm/power pip/etc. related spell. I mean I'm fine with how it is right now, (and it's not "treated unfairly" as the title suggests) but it would be nice to have one such spell.

A spell I've been thinking is DOT removal. The idea is Life can cure its friends of poison, (ice)burn, and such. The motivation to this is that DOT spells (like Fire Elves and Skeletal Dragon), while being more powerful than other spells in general, are much harder to counter - pretty much the only things that work right now are massive healing (Life-only), and perhaps the "negation" spells. I'm a believer that everything should have a good answer, so as to keep the pvp metagame diverse. Hence:

Life spell
2 pips
Remove the most recent DOT (or "aura", I believe that's the in-game term) on target friend.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2010
I can understand how you would be mad and think that life has no or very few skills or whatever and i like life very much. I am Death with Life as a secondary and I def am able to keep my self and others alive but i am still glad wen a life joins the fight because then you know that your saved and basically have already won. I can kinda see why your saying Life stinks and that Death has all the cool good spells like sacrifice and beguile and whatever but honestly, lets just imagine a lvl 60 Life wizard in a 1v1 pvp battle against a lvl 60 Death wizard, Life would DOMINATE!!!! Plus, even though we do have an awesome and good minion nobody cheers and says "yay we are saved that Death wizard just summoned his ghost!" they say "sweet that life wizard just summoned a fairy pixie whatever minion, we are saved!"
And, we could honestly use the cool skills, i mean even the (no offense to this) weakish life wizards who arent really known for damage have a better six pip spell then we do! Anyways now your just gonna call me mean and say life still has no good skills or whatever but i made my point and hope that maybe you can just try to see on the positive side for once!?!?

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
In my opinion the unfairness to Life is starts from Level 48 up to but not including Level 58. At that point every other school has one or two AoE's and Life is stuck with Centaur for a good part of Celestia.

Centaur, Centaur, Centaur.

Every battle is Life Blade, Life Trap, Spirit Blade or Feint, then Centaur. Repeat. (OK maybe a shield or Vengeance or Amplify but you get the idea). Some one joins. Repeat again, and have to listen to someone "Please heal me!" Um, how about next time join a battle at the beginning, and with full health? And how about not hitting that Feint that I waited until I had three yellow power pips and a white pip before casting, thank you very much?

Rebirth is a nice spell, but solo its worthless, and even with two people it can be mostly a waste, its best with a full side.

What is nice about Life is Forest Lord (of course), and that monsters can't block a critical heal. This makes going the "critical route" a pretty easy choice for Life; it can be used for hits or heals.

Has anyone ever noticed there is no such thing as a monster that spams Life Shields, except Balance, and theirs is just -50%? Playing Life and Death at the same time I sure notice it!

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
bravevline wrote:
I know life gets things most schools do but we get barely any manipulation spells or anything cool like cleanse charm or sacrifice (Just examples.) Life needs something unique that only THEY can do such as removing charms or wards and beguiling an opponent, not JUST healing anybody can learn to do that.

you have absorb and no other school gets stuff like that(that i know of).
blaze thunderstalker
32 death