Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making the Commons more Interactive

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I have been thinking of a few ways to make the commons more interactive and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought of this idea. What if KI could change the looks in the commons or just all of wizard city according to season. Like have it snowing and have snow piled up on the ground in the winter and have the trees' leaves change color and have them fall to the ground in the autumn. Also maybe if they couldn't do that to the commons on wizard city, maybe they could add it to a house. Like you could buy a house that changes seasons! :D

And if that is too complicated, at least maybe you could have it rain in the commons every now and then with everyone holding umbrellas and such because that would be really cool.

It's just an idea though and I'm wondering what everyone's opinions are on this.

Myrna Dragon
Master Thaumaturge - Level 48

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
Tyracia wrote:
I have been thinking of a few ways to make the commons more interactive and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought of this idea. What if KI could change the looks in the commons or just all of wizard city according to season. Like have it snowing and have snow piled up on the ground in the winter and have the trees' leaves change color and have them fall to the ground in the autumn. Also maybe if they couldn't do that to the commons on wizard city, maybe they could add it to a house. Like you could buy a house that changed seasons! :D

And if that is too complicated, at least maybe you could have it rain or be really windy in the commons every now and then because that would be really cool.

It's just an idea though and I'm wondering what everyone's opinions are on this.

Myrna Dragon

That would be REALLY awesome , good idea! But, one flaw. Wizard101 would be down more often for maintenance... But I LOVE the idea I hope they suggest it! :D

Lenora LegendWeave Level 42 Master Necromancer (Death)

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
There's already a lot of changes happening. In August (or was it September...?), balloons and banners go up because it's Wizard101's birthday. In October, pumpkins show up everywhere for Halloween. In December, candy canes line the lake in the Commons and a huge christmas tree shows up. And so on...

I mean, who's to say that Wizard City even has normal seasons? It's magic, after all. ;)

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Survivor
May 04, 2009
@the seasons part

But what if you live in Australia and it's actually summer for you during winter in-game?

Could be an issue but I don't think there'd be any complaints seeing as environemental effects would be so awesome.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
Ultimatefight wrote:
@the seasons part

But what if you live in Australia and it's actually summer for you during winter in-game?

Could be an issue but I don't think there'd be any complaints seeing as environemental effects would be so awesome.

I did think about that. That's why I also suggested that if KI couldn't do the changing seasons thing, then just have it rain and do some other effects every now and then. :-) I'm glad you like the idea.

Bookshelvings wrote:
I mean, who's to say that Wizard City even has normal seasons? It's magic, after all.

Well, I'm not suggesting this to make it more real. I'm just saying it would be cool!

~Myrna Dragon

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
I completely agree. I was thinking like on our houses there could be like buttons on the side we could push to change the seasons, it would be so much fun!!!!!

Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Tyracia wrote:
I have been thinking of a few ways to make the commons more interactive and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought of this idea. What if KI could change the looks in the commons or just all of wizard city according to season. Like have it snowing and have snow piled up on the ground in the winter and have the trees' leaves change color and have them fall to the ground in the autumn. Also maybe if they couldn't do that to the commons on wizard city, maybe they could add it to a house. Like you could buy a house that changes seasons! :D

And if that is too complicated, at least maybe you could have it rain in the commons every now and then with everyone holding umbrellas and such because that would be really cool.

Myrna Dragon

great idea. i was just thinking of that

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Survivor
May 05, 2009