Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change the Combat Circle & Shift the Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
I was thinking about the combat circle. I really like the mechanic, but I was thinking about it. How would I change my strategy if it was a different shape? Maybe pyramid of 3 vs pyramid of 3. The point would take damage and die first, and the 2 behind would play knowing that. Or 2 rows vs 2 rows...back rows take lesser damage, etc. Maybe a square, where 2 sides can only buff and heal?

I was thinking if new geometric patterns are considered for pve and pvp would really put some controlled chaos into the system.

I was also thinking, I play knowing the positions and sequence of casting. What if at times or locations, the positions and initiative shifted each round. It could make things more challenging.

1) New fighting patterns with possible new effects?
2) Possible shifting of positions and initiative during fights?

What do you think?

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
How about if the standing points of the circle would have various conditions assigned to them.

What if monsters could cast minor persistent debuffs on the wizards. Instead of a -10 accuracy, maybe a persistent -4% to all wizards in the fight etc.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009