Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mystery Purchase

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
I have finally decided that I should buy a reagent pack from the crown shop because some of the things I need are just too rare. The problem is there is no examine icon available for the reagent pack available at the crown shop so I don't know what I'd be getting. The shop itself could be improved greatly in my humble opinion.

How do I find out more about what I am buying in the crown shop? I also can't get to look at many of the other items offered to see if they meet my aesthetic interests.

- Valdus

Hero
May 27, 2009
Sometimes in the Crown Shop, you're buying the proverbial "pig in a poke"-- especially with the card packs. You won't know until you buy it. I have bought several in the Test Realm and I get anything from two mistwood, a diamond, a cat tail and a mushroom to a diamond, a black lotus, and three ores. Unless you have a lot of crowns to spend on these packs to get what you need, they aren't a very good value (in my opinion). They don't load them with rares.

Defender
May 31, 2010
The mystery packs that I have gotton so far, don't really have a lot of rare reagents, and are something I would not waste my crowns on.

The way I am getting these reagent packs are because my daughters play the KI game on their cell phone, and they use my wizard account info, since I play the game more often than they do.

I have also gotton all kinds of transformation, elixers, 7 day mounts, gold.

As far as your troubles with the rare reagents... You do know about the transmute recipe cards? They are recipe cards you buy from vendors that will allow you to change more common reagents into rare ones. Each one of the NPCs that hand out the crafting quest also sell a couple of the transmute recipes. If you can get to Celestia, the vendor in Base Camp sells all of the transmute recipes.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
Prismous wrote:
I have finally decided that I should buy a reagent pack from the crown shop because some of the things I need are just too rare. The problem is there is no examine icon available for the reagent pack available at the crown shop so I don't know what I'd be getting. The shop itself could be improved greatly in my humble opinion.

How do I find out more about what I am buying in the crown shop? I also can't get to look at many of the other items offered to see if they meet my aesthetic interests.

- Valdus

I agree with you, Prismous, the purchasing abilities are not very enjoyable in many places in the game. For instance, the character that we all have to purchase potion refills should be found in all the worlds, not just back in Wizard City. I have also noticed that in the crown store in the up left corner of the game, offers many things but some of the items do not show what perks you will get if you purchase the item. I have noticed it mostly with the clothing items, but other items are obscure in the perks department too. (It happens in other purchasing places too, but mostly in the crown store.)

Also, in the crown store, there is an option to purchase gold in trade for crowns. I think as a game revenue stand point, anyone that purchases the yearly game subscription, should have the ability to trade some of their gold for crowns. Those that opt to play for free, instead of purchasing a subscription, should NOT be privy to this option. I would think the creators of this game would see this option as a good means to get people to purchase the yearly subscriptions. Other than getting some crowns at subscription sign-up, there really is no other great perks differences that separates the loyal customers that purchased a subscription vs. the non-purchasers. Would I purchase a second game subscription next fall 2011? As it stands now, unfortunately for the owners of the game, I'm not motivated enough to remain that loyally committed to the game!