Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wave goodbye to the Pyromancer

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
As i limp away, a quick look back reminds me of an age where strategy filled the eyes of a soloist. Winning from second position was an art, thinking three moves ahead, the owning became triumph.

The game can be put in the most simplest of terms "broken and unbalanced". 648 wins (all solo), i think, gives me the insight to expose this. A win used to be a tipping scale, back and fourth so to speak. you had to put pressure on you foe and make him tap. Now even as my 140 critical Efreet attack smashes down my opponent (no blade one hit kill) I am reluctant to say good game. Mabey quick game? or no game really, let me explain->games are supposed to be fun for all players. Arena gear had once given equal resist to all schools, now universal resist belongs to one school. We need balance back in the game or i'm out for good, leaving my crowns. taking nothing with me but the memory of a great game. All the skilled know what i'm saying and respect to all of you. The strategy is gone, equalitly has suffered and i'm sick of checking the horses inventory and finding ouy i have nothing new to spend my 4200 tickets on.

So i respectivlely walk away :-) (head held high of course for the memories) been fun KI, but i'll have to get back to you on the gardening. ROFL

TL Legendary Pyromancer/warlord/6x epic flamezilla owner/BORED

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
The problem as I see it is with the lack of proper shields as well as the existance of dispel cards and a lack of same school resistance on level 58 gear while ice school gets resist all on such gear.

To express the above in better light we need only to look at my balance character. At level 50 my balance had more health points on it than it now has at level 60, health went down but damage went from plus 30 something to twice that and critical was added. In terms of resists, resist against balance dropped to zero from around 40% and resists against all other schools went up to around 9%. In short, damage dealt skyrockected while health stayed the same or even decreased. As players in PvP typically have half the health of what they are up against in game, low damage attacks do quite large damage against players in the arena, and yet no real shields have been added to the game. Single shields hardly protect a player against a 4v4 team. I suggested in another thread that a triple tower shield should be added at the upper levels, so that when you cast it you get three towers placed upon you rather than one. I also suggest in another thread that all dispels be removed from the game, the side that goes last should not lose all their pips as well as their attack simply cause the side that goes first uses a single pip.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
I agree with your post, I started about more than a year ago (you can check my date on the side). during that time when i started, I met new friends, visit some awesome houses, did pvp. Now, pvp isnt about strategy. Its about little whiners going to KI trying to change things around them so they can do pvp easier. Look at wild bolt, I'm not a storm and I never used that card in pvp. Wild bolt was a strategy and some little whiners who are too cheap to buy their own shields went to KI and started complaining. Now, its changed. Now they are trying to change judgement which I strongly disagree about. You see, pvp is messed up now, I don't even do pvp anymore due to mainly whiners. They will go after card after card until pvp is nothing but hitting each other with wand spells. They already took down wild bolt to low damage hitting, now they are trying to do the same to judgement and the death dragon (dont know the name), I saw a post trying to ban healing spells If they get what they want, then Judgement would probably be 50 attack per pip, death dragon down to 100 per round, etc. KI, please dont give the whiners what they want because first of all, they have cards that can help defend against them, and they will turn pvp into garbage if they get what they want.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
This is not a thread about wild bolt, but let me break it down for you. I have 22 resist to storm and the celestal update makes storm so powerful i've be hit with chain lightning bats hitting for over 500 (no critical). If you can't see what impact the old bolt would have had on PvP you need to stop posting about it here.

I was touching on the fact that There has been a substantial increase to damage with 58 gear and critical and Resistance has dropped to nothing. I like critical, i even think dispel makes the game fun it's the pace of the game that makes me turn away. I feel like i'm in a shootout with no time to think plan or strategize.

Arena gear leveled the playing field, they need to bring new arena gear to the spiral with universal resist. This is my last post i just got mad when the above mentioned the "old wildbolt". Go to the lab where they have a thread for you. this one is about the lack of resist in PvP.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
travisAk wrote:
This is not a thread about wild bolt, but let me break it down for you. I have 22 resist to storm and the celestal update makes storm so powerful i've be hit with chain lightning bats hitting for over 500 (no critical). If you can't see what impact the old bolt would have had on PvP you need to stop posting about it here.

I was touching on the fact that There has been a substantial increase to damage with 58 gear and critical and Resistance has dropped to nothing. I like critical, i even think dispel makes the game fun it's the pace of the game that makes me turn away. I feel like i'm in a shootout with no time to think plan or strategize.

Arena gear leveled the playing field, they need to bring new arena gear to the spiral with universal resist. This is my last post i just got mad when the above mentioned the "old wildbolt". Go to the lab where they have a thread for you. this one is about the lack of resist in PvP.

let me further break it down for you, the class that is supposed to have the highest damage has relatively low pvp damage due to every other class having decent to high storm resistance and more than abundant storm shields, storm on the other hand has low health and low pip chance around 70 percent while others are tipping around 100 percent... so everyone cries about storm's damage and wants to hit as hard as storm but storm gets nothing back only dispels and other negatives against it and no bonus cards that allows them to stun faster or to reduce damages of others and so forth, but its okay to totally take away from storm and make it the worst PvP character in the game cause it has the highest base damage and who cares if its blades are the lowest percentage ones in the game storm is supposed to be able to stack more and more blades ontop of each other over time evidently even though storm will never be able to survive to launch such an attack nor find a way to draw all those blades in terms of its deck and deck space

Defender
May 17, 2009
Firefrog16 wrote:
I agree with your post, I started about more than a year ago (you can check my date on the side). during that time when i started, I met new friends, visit some awesome houses, did pvp. Now, pvp isnt about strategy. Its about little whiners going to KI trying to change things around them so they can do pvp easier. Look at wild bolt, I'm not a storm and I never used that card in pvp. Wild bolt was a strategy and some little whiners who are too cheap to buy their own shields went to KI and started complaining. Now, its changed. Now they are trying to change judgement which I strongly disagree about. You see, pvp is messed up now, I don't even do pvp anymore due to mainly whiners. They will go after card after card until pvp is nothing but hitting each other with wand spells. They already took down wild bolt to low damage hitting, now they are trying to do the same to judgement and the death dragon (dont know the name), I saw a post trying to ban healing spells If they get what they want, then Judgement would probably be 50 attack per pip, death dragon down to 100 per round, etc. KI, please dont give the whiners what they want because first of all, they have cards that can help defend against them, and they will turn pvp into garbage if they get what they want.

They have already turned PvE into garbage, and if you can argue they haven't, they will eventually, so what does it matter if PvP is garbage to? They deserve it, is what I say.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
travisAk wrote:
As i limp away, a quick look back reminds me of an age where strategy filled the eyes of a soloist. Winning from second position was an art, thinking three moves ahead, the owning became triumph.

The game can be put in the most simplest of terms "broken and unbalanced". 648 wins (all solo), i think, gives me the insight to expose this. A win used to be a tipping scale, back and fourth so to speak. you had to put pressure on you foe and make him tap. Now even as my 140 critical Efreet attack smashes down my opponent (no blade one hit kill) I am reluctant to say good game. Mabey quick game? or no game really, let me explain->games are supposed to be fun for all players. Arena gear had once given equal resist to all schools, now universal resist belongs to one school. We need balance back in the game or i'm out for good, leaving my crowns. taking nothing with me but the memory of a great game. All the skilled know what i'm saying and respect to all of you. The strategy is gone, equalitly has suffered and i'm sick of checking the horses inventory and finding ouy i have nothing new to spend my 4200 tickets on.

So i respectivlely walk away :-) (head held high of course for the memories) been fun KI, but i'll have to get back to you on the gardening. ROFL

TL Legendary Pyromancer/warlord/6x epic flamezilla owner/BORED

Okay you definitely were not trying to complain as much as you were attempting to show off. I highly doubt with the critical you could kill a lot of people because with full fire gear Efreet only does like 1200...plus the critical equals 2400. Yay you killed a storm person! And I personally think the schools are becoming MORE balanced. Each school is given an apportunity to be in different situations,, and know how to get out of them. :-) And if you do have a problem then just walk away, no one is going to something about one person.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
I really agree on this thread, if what you mean is its too easy or unfair or something related to that I agree (sry for having to ask but I'm often consfused). I don't know about the arena gear because I only play practice matches. Now for pvp whiners ruining the game, that's true if you ask me, but wildbolt was slightly broken before with all th accuracy boosts but its even more broken now (I know this thread isn't about it but it kinda ties into pvp whiners that someone posted). And these are the reasons my storm wiz has been level 40 for a couple weeks, I'm bored of fighting ghost cows or something! I always win! No stratagy involved like I used to use. Yet I can't win in pvp except when my opponents are some of the very few who don't have storm shelds by the dozen. Basicly, if this is what this thread it about then good, if not, plz don't insult I'm naturally confused i'm only a seventh grader....

Amber Stormsong level 40 diviner mooshu village of sorrow :x

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
2cool4u928 wrote:
Okay you definitely were not trying to complain as much as you were attempting to show off. I highly doubt with the critical you could kill a lot of people because with full fire gear Efreet only does like 1200...plus the critical equals 2400. Yay you killed a storm person! And I personally think the schools are becoming MORE balanced. Each school is given an apportunity to be in different situations,, and know how to get out of them. :) And if you do have a problem then just walk away, no one is going to something about one person.

Add a blade and then wildfire and what do you get? try using your calculator next time you want to be smart okay? Just saying that PvP has lost something since the celestia update, and just so you know i have walked away so no need for your comment. Thx anyway for the attempt to respond to this thread

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
travisAk wrote:
Winning from second position was an art, thinking three moves ahead, the owning became triumph.
Now even as my 140 critical Efreet attack smashes down my opponent (no blade one hit kill) I am reluctant to say good game. Mabey quick game? or no game really, The strategy is gone, equalitly has suffered

I absolutely agree, very well written. Now the game reminds me of level 1 dueling, just hitting each other with simple spells, no strategy, no skill. I have 3 PVP warlords (ice, death and fire) so I definitely know what I am talking about. Literary this is what is happening now: people just put on the most critical gear possible (which gives no resist) and spam gargantuan 2 pip spells, hoping to go first and so that their opponent is not an ice wizard so they can win. Now the win is not about skill and strategy it is just pure luck.

I seriously think that gargantuan treasure card and polymorphs should be banned from the arena. What makes you win should be your skill and your character's stats, not treasure gargantuan in a 2 pip spell or fire elemental or draconian. Please, limit polymorphs to PVE.

There is a need for new arena gear that would give universal resistance, critical rating and critical block.

I also believe that dispels should not be allowed in PVP. It just gives too much advantage to the player going first. If KI do not do something about it I will quit. Again, winning in PVP shoul not should be about luck, it should be about skill.

Tristan T

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
steelwoode wrote:
travisAk wrote:
Winning from second position was an art, thinking three moves ahead, the owning became triumph.
Now even as my 140 critical Efreet attack smashes down my opponent (no blade one hit kill) I am reluctant to say good game. Mabey quick game? or no game really, The strategy is gone, equalitly has suffered

I absolutely agree, very well written. Now the game reminds me of level 1 dueling, just hitting each other with simple spells, no strategy, no skill. I have 3 PVP warlords (ice, death and fire) so I definitely know what I am talking about. Literary this is what is happening now: people just put on the most critical gear possible (which gives no resist) and spam gargantuan 2 pip spells, hoping to go first and so that their opponent is not an ice wizard so they can win. Now the win is not about skill and strategy it is just pure luck.

I seriously think that gargantuan treasure card and polymorphs should be banned from the arena. What makes you win should be your skill and your character's stats, not treasure gargantuan in a 2 pip spell or fire elemental or draconian. Please, limit polymorphs to PVE.

There is a need for new arena gear that would give universal resistance, critical rating and critical block.

I also believe that dispels should not be allowed in PVP. It just gives too much advantage to the player going first. If KI do not do something about it I will quit. Again, winning in PVP shoul not should be about luck, it should be about skill.

Tristan T

ummm.............dont let the door hit ya on the way out? Why quit over pvp? IMO pvp is how games lose customers, because of "rage quits" like this one.

If you can beat trial of the spheres 100% solo (no crown minions or anything) and not have to use a single potion then you can say this game is boring. otherwise you have a challenge in front of you i suggest you try and do. Cause once i hit mithraya i am out of potions with half health and the fight is always an epic one, but one that i lose sadly (i am level 60 ice with 4043 health btw!). only death should be able to pull this off with some ease. maybe life but good luck to them.

So, if you feel you have pvp down pat then do look for something else to do. be a master of all aspects of the game not jusrt one.

Ryan FrostShard - Legend of the Ice Arts

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
minigiant9 wrote:
steelwoode wrote:
travisAk wrote:

Tristan T

ummm.............dont let the door hit ya on the way out? Why quit over pvp? IMO pvp is how games lose customers, because of "rage quits" like this one.

If you can beat trial of the spheres 100% solo (no crown minions or anything) and not have to use a single potion then you can say this game is boring. otherwise you have a challenge in front of you i suggest you try and do. Cause once i hit mithraya i am out of potions with half health and the fight is always an epic one, but one that i lose sadly (i am level 60 ice with 4043 health btw!). only death should be able to pull this off with some ease. maybe life but good luck to them.

So, if you feel you have pvp down pat then do look for something else to do. be a master of all aspects of the game not jusrt one.

Ryan FrostShard - Legend of the Ice Arts

Thank for you post. What i enjoy is interacting with thinking real people not with mindless computer bots which can easily be tricked and follow simple algorithms. You can always make PVE harder for yourself, next time try trial without armor, even more challenging.

PVE must be fixed.

Tristan