Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help with "New Digs" and "Activate Them!"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
So, I'm stuck in Krokotopia on the quests "New Digs" and "Activate Them!"

In "New Digs", my objective right now is to "Find Key Stone Below Pile of Dirt." I have looked ALL over the dig site in Royal Hall and can't find anything to activate at all!

Also, in the quest "Activate Them," my objective is to activate the Obelisks after I defeated Veteran Sellswords and got their hammers. The problem is, none of the Obelisks in the dig site can be activated! Are there Obelisks I should be looking for OUTSIDE of the dig site?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Wow I was stuck on those for the longest time also but I've figured them out. For finding the key below the pile it's kind of hard to explain but the best way I can say it is look all around the perimeter of the Dig Site. Its very close to that guy from Marleybone (I can't remeber his name right now) and it is up against the wall. For the activating obelisks part, I had alot of trouble with this. All I know is that its very well hidden. I can't explain it very well. There is just one obelisk that you can activate and it has a bird by it and just so you know, it IS in the Dig Site. It is very hard to find though, I have to admit..... maybe someone else can explain the obelisks location to you better. :D

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
The obelisk quest you need to look on your quest page for it to tell you which one to activate first. They have to be done in order.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
For the key, it is in the dig site, head towards Gordon Flemming, it is on the left wall near him.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
When you go to the dig sites, go to the right and look for the tallest leaning pillar. There you will get the rubbings that one needs. Then the pile of dirt will give you the key. The trick is to get the rubbings first for the pile of dirt is there but will not activate till the rubbing is done. Hope that this helps.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2009
BassBoat wrote:
When you go to the dig sites, go to the right and look for the tallest leaning pillar. There you will get the rubbings that one needs. Then the pile of dirt will give you the key. The trick is to get the rubbings first for the pile of dirt is there but will not activate till the rubbing is done. Hope that this helps.
I did them in order but it wont let me activate them can someone please help!

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
I had the same trouble with "Activate Them!" It's the tree obelisk you're looking for, right? Well it's in the Dig Site, and it's near the door to exit to fight the Sellswords. That scaffolding off to the left has an small obelisk by it that can be activated. The "tree obelisk"? Yeah, well it has a palm 'tree' on it.