Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New story for Wizard101, Archer 101?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 31, 2008

How about this:

Wizard 101 tells us the story of a wizard that sets off to save wizard city, only to find out that he must save the rest of the worlds in the Spiral. However this is just a fragment of the story. What about the rest of the worlds? Who is their protagonist?

So, since we already have the protagonist of wizard city (a young wizard), K.I.can make a game parallel to Wizard101, one in which the protagonist is not the young wizard of wizard city, but a young archer to be from Grizzleheim, or a young warrior from Dragonspyre and so on.

Each world would have its own version of the story, and its own things to save. For example. Lets say that Grizzleheim's newest ranger to be (a young bear cub) has been chosen to pass a few trials of honor and such. However, in the middle of those trials, some one sends news from the elder saying that their world is in danger because of the actions of a rogue wizard from another world. Since our ranger to be has proved to be courageous while passing his trials of honor, the elder gives him the task of searching for this rogue wizard and ensuring the peace for their world.

Now, for the game mechanics. Everything would be the same, including the battle system. Battle goes on in the same dueling circle, and attacks (not spells) are chosen in the same way, by means of cards depicting their actions. Now, instead of a "deck" which holds all of the wizards spells, the archer would get a "quiver", the warrior would get a "warrior's book" and so on.

The main change would be the aspect of a new story, one that goes along the original story and complements it.

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
Personally I really like your idea but schools? Maybe schools of Claw (Bear), Wing (Raven), and Fang (Wolf) I would pick... There all really good! And for cards archers would have arrows or bommerblades (glaives) for Dragonspyre warriors Oh! warrior classes....... I'll get back to you on that!
-Blaze

Explorer
May 09, 2009
Defender
Jul 31, 2008
@Pizzaboy :

Well, I havent thought so far ahead as schools yet. I was mainly thinking of a way to expand wizard101's story.But i guess that each world would have diffrent schools. For example, if Grizzleheim is the home of warriors there could be 6 difrent houses for the warriors, and each house would represent one of the schools of magic. For example: lets take your own examples "wing, fang, and claw". The house of wind could use attacks based on storm magic like " storm hammer" or something like that.

The house of fang could use attacks based on fire magic, and use attacks like "crimson blade" and so on.

If Marleybone is the world of policemen (and women) there could be diffrent deputies or stations that represent the difrent schools of magic, and so on for the rest of the worlds.

How about that? That way, the foundation is alreadythere, so we dont have to worry about adding new elements, since that wouldalter the game too much.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
This would have to be something added to the main game to work. I don't think any other class would succeed as a stand alone. But, at the same time I don't think it would work either way because say you choose Dragonspyre; you then have a level 1 character with access to Dragonspyre but he can't buy anything and if he runs into a fight before he makes friends, he's toast. This could discourage people from playing the new characters.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2010
Defender
Jul 31, 2008
Abadd0n wrote:
This would have to be something added to the main game to work. I don't think any other class would succeed as a stand alone. But, at the same time I don't think it would work either way because say you choose Dragonspyre; you then have a level 1 character with access to Dragonspyre but he can't buy anything and if he runs into a fight before he makes friends, he's toast. This could discourage people from playing the new characters.

Well, you know how Grizzleheim has a "preview" where young wizards can do small quests? The other worlds could have the same sort of preview, and then make the young rangers, archers etc., go to wizard city.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
I like the Idea. It's original and souns fun.
Yet I think that it should be another, extra downloadable Game, or else the Game would be down too long.
Well, it would be very cool if KI acctually does this! I can't wait!
Maybe I would be a Dragonspire warrior. (Although I prefer Wizards)

~ Jessica Starrider aka Haleymoonwhiper

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
Finarel wrote:
@Pizzaboy :

Well, I havent thought so far ahead as schools yet. I was mainly thinking of a way to expand wizard101's story.But i guess that each world would have diffrent schools. For example, if Grizzleheim is the home of warriors there could be 6 difrent houses for the warriors, and each house would represent one of the schools of magic. For example: lets take your own examples "wing, fang, and claw". The house of wind could use attacks based on storm magic like " storm hammer" or something like that.

The house of fang could use attacks based on fire magic, and use attacks like "crimson blade" and so on.

If Marleybone is the world of policemen (and women) there could be diffrent deputies or stations that represent the difrent schools of magic, and so on for the rest of the worlds.

How about that? That way, the foundation is alreadythere, so we dont have to worry about adding new elements, since that wouldalter the game too much.
I like your thinking and i'e come up with a spell

Ember Bite- Rnk2 190-240
tell me how you like it!

-Blaze