Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please change Medusa, KI.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
It costs seven pips. By the time I have them, I am buffed enough to kill any minion. The problem is that when used against bosses it is useless, since it normally wont kill, and bosses dont stun even for a single turn.

Please change the stun to placing two myth traps on opponent, or blading the caster, something, anything, but as it stands now, Medusa, despite its awesome animation, is too costly to even bother putting in my deck.

KI, please have someone on your team take a myth wizard with medusa for a spin in celestia, using medusa. They will come back and tell you, that yes, this spell needs to be changed some way to make it a true level 58 spell. As it is, you may as well just remove the stun feature, since it never gets used where it has any effect.

Thanks for listening!

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
fooser wrote:
It costs seven pips. By the time I have them, I am buffed enough to kill any minion. The problem is that when used against bosses it is useless, since it normally wont kill, and bosses dont stun even for a single turn.

Please change the stun to placing two myth traps on opponent, or blading the caster, something, anything, but as it stands now, Medusa, despite its awesome animation, is too costly to even bother putting in my deck.

KI, please have someone on your team take a myth wizard with medusa for a spin in celestia, using medusa. They will come back and tell you, that yes, this spell needs to be changed some way to make it a true level 58 spell. As it is, you may as well just remove the stun feature, since it never gets used where it has any effect.

Thanks for listening!

Hi fooser. Might I ask which bosses you are having problems with? Medusa is a very strong base damage spell, stronger in fact than many if not most other class spells with the possible exception of a few storm and fire spells. It seems that if you add gargantuan to it (monstrous at the minimum), then cast a myth blade, spirit blade, and treasure card spirit blade that you should be dealing very significant damage. Perhaps you could post some more information. Specifically, if you post your myth damage boost from gear and the name and health of the boss you are having difficulty with, I'm sure the folks here would be happy to give you some strategy tips.

Defender
May 27, 2010
it cost eight pips actually but i do agree it could use a better effect that helps in most situations since stun doesnt even work on bosses, myth wizards who dont PvP may find the effect useless even though it does solid damage and its pretty strong with gargantuan but i would change its effect a little

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
first of all it costs 8 pips and second of all if your myth and have this spell you usually get power pips alot anyway just 4 power pips and your good to go it's not that bad if you have high power pip percentage as for the stun and damage it does i can't help you there

Joseph Thunderblade level 60 diviner
Joseph Fireflame level 11 pyromancer [ now working on him ]

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
fooser wrote:

Thanks for listening!

Blading and Traping are exclusive to Polymorphs, Mutates and Pet Spells. No other spells in the game give Blades or Traps when then do damage. Try boosting your Medusa. My friend Gavin Ironblade 1-hit-kills with Medusa all the time. She's a Single hit spell, something Myth HAS been asking for. Also, she is 8 pips, not 7.

The best way to boost Medusa: Myth Blade, Myth Trap, Spirit Blade, Spirit Trap, Feint (70/30), Gear Feint (75/20), Crafted Feint (70/20) Gargantuan. Even without the Crafted Feint, most hits with Medusa will be One-Hit-Kills. And with myth being able to destroy shields using Pierce, you don't usually have to worry about shields.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
Why change the stuns? You wont need 2 Myth traps. People might not like it.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Thanks for the feedback, folks. You made some good points. About the 7 pip thing, I blame it on the late hour and not enough sleep, heh.

I do not pvp, and as I think about it, I can see why a myth wizard who does, must be just thrilled about Medusa. As to trap or blade effects, I can also see how it would violate the theme of the schools. I think of Leviathan, and consider maybe the removal of two shields after an attack a la pierce, would be more in keeping with am effect Medusa could have. As a player that does not pvp, this would have a far greater appeal for me than stun.

That all said, when I consider the pvp aspect, I can see how the suggestion to change the effect would not be met with enthusiasm by any myth wizard who does pvp, heh.

In deference to my fellow myth wizards who pvp, I respectfully withdraw my request for KI to look into changing Medusa. For myself, it will go largely unused, but myth is so powerful as it is, I do not feel like I am at a disadvantage.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
Oh yeah, why are YOU complaining? Ice has TAUNT. At least you don't get targeted after? And it IS useful in pvp. You have NOTHING to complain about. If you don't like it, raise another school. Plus, it costs 8 pips which only take 4 rounds of power pip gaining, which you could use to blade and trap up. I mean seriously, be grateful for what you have and what you get.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I support a change to medusa, the medusa card is a joke compared to what the other schools got and I say that without even having a myth character (I deleted all of mine as myth seamed hopeless as a class to me).

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
lol dude ice's taunts and your complaining about stun for 2 turns. Medusa is an amazing spell, it shouldnt matter whether it stuns a boss or not because its base damage is amazing and needs very little to make an almost guarenteed one hit kill. Medusa is a great spell i havent gotten to starting celestia on my myth but i'm awaiting it. Not only is its damage amazing the stun affect in pvp is amazing. I respectfully disagree I think it is a great spell remember what i said before snow angel taunts so saying stun is bad is almost offensive.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Honestly, I think Medusa got it pretty bad compared to the other spells (excluding Ice, they just messed up with the taunt addition). Medusa is the weakest single hit spell, stun does not work on bosses, and if you don't pvp this spell is inefficent compared to the others (except Ice).

Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
Honestly, I think Medusa got it pretty bad compared to the other spells (excluding Ice, they just messed up with the taunt addition). Medusa is the weakest single hit spell, stun does not work on bosses, and if you don't pvp this spell is inefficent compared to the others (except Ice).

This is totally way off base...you just have to figure out how to stack the damage...I can one hit kill any boss in the game with Medusa...just for starters try myth blade, myth trap, spirit blade (1 pip), spirit trap (1 pip), time of legend (2 pips), feint and place a gargantuan boost on Medusa (which you can buy for a few hundred gold each) - on top of that your gear can boost your attack up to 50% and in 7 or 8 turns you can do more than 15,000 damage...on any character!!! I really haven't seen any character do more damage than Medusa...

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
No way should KI change medusa, I've found a hidden snag wit it.

My friend used medusa on a fire, The fire had full power pips, when medusa stunned him, his pips dissapeared and he was like "Aww what! I WAS GONNA USE HECKHOUND" so we tried it Again, i was had 6 pips and was going to use a wraith, my friend medusa'd me and the 6 pips went away, now THAT is a useful ability.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
averg wrote:
Angelocean wrote:

This is totally way off base...you just have to figure out how to stack the damage...I can one hit kill any boss in the game with Medusa...just for starters try myth blade, myth trap, spirit blade (1 pip), spirit trap (1 pip), time of legend (2 pips), feint and place a gargantuan boost on Medusa (which you can buy for a few hundred gold each) - on top of that your gear can boost your attack up to 50% and in 7 or 8 turns you can do more than 15,000 damage...on any character!!! I really haven't seen any character do more damage than Medusa...

You can make any spell do over 15k with enough blades and traps, Medusa takes more blades and traps to do the same amount of damage compared to other schools.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
I think that the Medusa effect should be changed. If it kills everything that it touches besides bosses, but doesn't stun those, then it shold have a different ability. Maybe hit everyone or break one of your traps? The effect is useful for pvp I guess, but myth wizards who don't pvp don't get the full effect. Also, leviathan is a lot better IMO. Casting two myth traps would be good because spells like orthrus need two myth traps to get the benifit of one.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
i notice that they got stun blocks now and aside from the star school spell that does it they can just block it it has happened to me a few times i think it should be changed but keep the 2 turn stun just make it so it cant be blocked and whats worse in order to use the 2 turn stun you need to have allot of pips before you use it and on top of all of this myth has the only spell that cant stack with itself like fire lvl 58 spell can be casted twice (with 7 power pips first and getting another one) but you can cast it twice in a row and put 2 90% weaknesses but if you even attempt that with myth the stun shields it puts up after the stun would block it without a second thought and plus while your trying to blade up wouldnt your foe be doing the same? and what about people like me who dont use traps often cause it just gives them time to shield up cause they already know what your gonna do and even worse then all of that the moment the stun ends they got plus 2 pips cause they didnt move so if they had 4 power pips now they got 6 power pips or at the very least 2 more pips witch means they can almost pull off another big hit right off the bat of them getting unstunned i am bring all points i have noticed to the table i personally like it all but the fact stun shields pop up outa no where and star spell seems like it was made to make the myth spell blow up in our face

Survivor
May 28, 2009
and i forgot about this i think minions should be unlimited meaning if you got more then one type of minion spell (such as myth being the minion school) you should be able to fill all open slots on the field with them such as summon troll summon cyclops summon minotaur that is only way to make myth minion spells effective in the way they need to be what is the point in having troll if you have cyclops its stronger cost only 1 pip more for max power of the minion and on top of that we need a better one minotaur minion is worthless in pvp and this is a side note wouldn't it be better if cyclops minion was shielding type since its a race smart enough to put on helms and the like while minotaurs just pick up axes and go full blood thirsty charge into battle without a care

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I support a change to medusa, the medusa card is a joke compared to what the other schools got and I say that without even having a myth character (I deleted all of mine as myth seamed hopeless as a class to me).

Myth is not hopeless. Only school I don't have is life and after taking all the others to legend, I didn't find one school that was hopeless. Myth was my third wizard I created and I never regret it to this day; MYTH RULES!!

Only thing I would like changed about medusa is that the Stun should work on bosses. I do not know of any one who was unaffected by medusa's stare in the mythology so why aren't bosses stunned by her?

i can't understand them not being affected by low level stun spells but the MEDUSA? come on!

Explorer
May 05, 2011
Well to me I dont really think Medusa is Stronger than all the other schools spells like the death one he is like 1000 and more health and life is about like 600 - 900 Something. BUt i think Medusa is the Weakest lvl 58 Spell cause it is only 770 and one stun when it is supposed to be 2 Stuns. So the only spell weaker than medusa is Ra the Balance Spell but its to ALL ENEMIES. So if Medusa REALLY is gonna be powerful, you should make it all enemies.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
fooser wrote:

Thanks for listening!

I disagree, Stuns are useful if you're about to be killed in PvP!