Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boy/Girl Color Differences

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I have a main character (male Necromancer) that I have been playing and enjoying. One of the things that I do whenever I get new gear I want to use is dye it (usually black and white). I like being able to change the looks of the gear to fit the "personality" of both the player and the character. It is a great addition to the game.

However, the other day I started a female character for fun and to see what the differences are between the two. That is when I noticed that the color options for the male and female characters are different. Dark Orange for boys, Pink for girls. Brown for boys, Gold for girls.

Is there a reason for this? While some may scoff, personally I don't see why a male character can't have pink on his gear or a female character can't wear brown. Can we have one set of color options for both genders?

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Yes that would be nice. To tell you the truth I didn't know there were any differences untill you pointed that out. I wonder why there would be different colors? I know boys that love the color gold. And I know girls who like the color dark orange. Besides, how hard could it be to add in those colors to boy and girls? If there's not enough room then they can make a second page of color options.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008

Its more than just colors; and I have the Screen Shots to prove it! Those "differences" are causing girls to pay more Gold for their gear than boys!!

I priced the same item in the same Shop; and there was a HUGE price difference! I want some action on this! I want a Professor to post an answer to this question. I feel that this practice likewise treats boy and girl players unfairly.

Defender
Sep 20, 2008
NeoStar wrote:

Its more than just colors; and I have the Screen Shots to prove it! Those "differences" are causing girls to pay more Gold for their gear than boys!!

I priced the same item in the same Shop; and there was a HUGE price difference! I want some action on this! I want a Professor to post an answer to this question. I feel that this practice likewise treats boy and girl players unfairly.

i doubt it but heres an interesting tidbit: i happend to notice that boys run with their hands closed but girls run with their palm out

Survivor
Nov 02, 2008
I would say that's fine but it would put more direction to players other then playing the game, that happens regaurdless.

I have started a girl wizard to understand what if any distractions are and if game play is the same.

I would recommend the cross gender role playing as it is insightful to say the least.

NeoStar wrote:

NeoStar, I priced in wizard city a robe and hat, both red/red and the same item and found no price difference.
Are you taking the same color for both genders into account as color will always effect the price.

Thanks,
Oran Jade Hunter

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
hmm i never noticed this prehaps the my boy chart should do all the shopping for everyone.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Enoch1980 wrote:
I have a main character (male Necromancer) that I have been playing and enjoying. One of the things that I do whenever I get new gear I want to use is dye it (usually black and white). I like being able to change the looks of the gear to fit the "personality" of both the player and the character. It is a great addition to the game.

However, the other day I started a female character for fun and to see what the differences are between the two. That is when I noticed that the color options for the male and female characters are different. Dark Orange for boys, Pink for girls. Brown for boys, Gold for girls.

Is there a reason for this? While some may scoff, personally I don't see why a male character can't have pink on his gear or a female character can't wear brown. Can we have one set of color options for both genders?

Dude my girls have options for BROWN and DARK ORANGE. While some may scoff I don't see why your upset about this!

Defender
May 15, 2009
If there were any doubts that androgyny permeates our culture as of late, this thread should remove them.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
I'm a boy and I was wondering if we could dye our cloths pink...When I went to the dye shop I couldn't find it and I asked all my friends how to dye your cloths pink. They said only girls could do it and I got really mad. How come all the colors aren't open to everyone....I hope they make it so that everyone can get all the color.

I was also wondering how do you make your cloths have stars on them?

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
You can't make your clothes have stars on them. Some crown gear just comes with it.

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
I have noticed this but what if you have a male and a female cahracter on your account and one of them buys a fully pink or fully brown gear and send it do the opposite gender account
I am going to go try out now

EDIT: well I tried it I made a female account I bought something completely pink and when I passed it on to my death toon well it came up orange...