Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafted Pet Snacks

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 17, 2009
Anyone else think that some pet snacks take way too much cool down time in your crafting slots like AmbrO's for example. I mean growing a pet all the way to Epic takes long enough as it is waiting for the pet energy to regain or paying over and over for a refill, shouldn't we have at least one thing going for us when it comes to pet growing just one little thing :( is that too much to ask. Anyway that's my opinion, i can only wonder if anyone else agrees with me

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Other snacks don't have such a long cool down.

If you are really into it, create a table in a word processor and store all the info about the snacks. You may find certain snacks have easy to get reagents and improve certain slots better.

Besides, those cereals are a piece of cake to craft. All of them have a one or two pip treasure card readily available at the Bazaar, a glass vial or whatever it is, and a bought reagent. No running around trying to find stone block or red mandrake. Go to Mooshu to get all the bought reagents, and when you are at the Bazaar buy the treasure cards. Craft at the beginning of a session and the end.

And do all your quick crafts first. For instance, I might craft Sandstone (quick), some Feints (15 minutes), hit the Bazaar, come back and craft three Ice Cereal (for son's starfish), then go get into trouble.

I consider the cereals a gift to those who craft and like training pets.

Ever notice how the Death cereal has it wrong, it requires a Myth card?

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Well ya i understand that pet snacks are easy to craft and some have small cool down times but the point i'm trying to make is that everything when it comes to pets takes way too much time with a small chance of having a positive outcome. Those lower cool down snacks dont give as much experience either. Snacks are like the only thing going for us when it comes to pets and the cereals next to mega snacks are the best bet, not all of us have banking accounts and can keep looking everywhere for gift cards. All i'm saying is that 2 hours is too long for crafting something like a snack, and snacks are the only thing really helping any one of our pets grow so why almost take that one little advantage and throw it down the drain for a good 3 or 4 days because thats how long it takes to craft enough level up to just teen, unless people are really willing to intently look on as the clock winds down to SLOT AVAILABLE again. But thnx anyway.

Defender
May 31, 2010
2hrs? You must be crafting those 6 point snacks. In Krokotopia, they sell 4 point snack recipes that have a 12 minute cooldown and no treasure cards needed. The 4 point ones from Desmond in MB take treasure cards and half and hour to cooldown.

So if you purchase the 4 point ones from Krokotopia , you can craft 32 points in the same time in takes to craft one 6 point snack.

I agree, there is definitely an imbalance with crafted pet snacks. I keep a list of all the crafted items in the game, along with the pet snacks, Not sure if they fixed it, but the new level 5 snacks they added to celestia had a 0 cooldown time, plus they took some of the level 5 snacks from MooShu and doubled the cost to create them. Instead of just giving us new level 7 pet snack recipes. Ideally they should just make it 5 minute cooldown per point. and they also need to adjust the cost a bit across the board.

Yes, I can understand the frustration of how long it can take to craft a few snacks. I craft the huge ice cream a lot for my death pets, it gives 4 strength which I always seem to lack with the games. I am still trying to play with a theory that what a pets skill points are, will have an outcome on what talent it will manifest.
But if you are just attempting to get pet to epic, it doesn't really matter what snacks you feed them, because they should max out on all skill points before they get to epic. My epic wraith maxed just a short time after becoming an adult. Pets with lower pedigree are a lot faster to get maxed in skills.