Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2010

Hi Destiny here
I have a problem that I just wanted to bring up.
My friend, who was level 20, had only about 950 health with all her equipment and about 880 without.
I was level 15 at the time, and, without my equipment, I had about 900- something health!!

...What causes this dramatic difference? Please help!!
-Destiny

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Aside from the variety of equipment used, each type/school that is the wizard's primary, have different health and mana development as a way of balancing the schools: i.e.- Ice has high health but low attack power.

Defender
May 25, 2009
Are you different schools? If you are Life/Ice and the other is Storm, you will have drastic differences in health. I once battled an Ice Wizard who's health was around 3,500! So its not a bug, no big deal. If you are the same school, I would send in a ticket.

Anthony Ghosthunter, level 59 Grandmaster Theurgist

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The amount of base Health a wizard has, and the amount of Health that school-based equipment provides, depends on the primary school the Wizard trains in. Ice has the most Health, and Storm the least. The others fall in between at various points.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Hillary567 wrote:

Hi Destiny here
My friend, who was level 20, had only about 950 health with all her equipment and about 880 without.
I was level 15 at the time, and, without my equipment, I had about 900- something health!!

-Destiny

Each school has a different base health and then your gear adds to it from there. Click C on your keyboard, when your stats come up, hover your mouse over Health and you will see what your base health is, have your friend do the same, then you'll understand why your health is different.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Depends on what school she is and you are. Storm ahs the lowest health and ice has the best.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Hillary567 wrote:

Hi Destiny here

-Destiny

well school stats in clothing, shoes, hat, wand, ring, amulet, level,
just to name a few
what quest has each of you finished there are many variables.

there is so much that will make the difference happen

Defender
May 31, 2010
Hillary567 wrote:

Hi Destiny here

-Destiny

It depends on the school. Storm has the lowest health in the game, even their gear has a lower health bonus, but they also have some of the hardest hitting spells in the game. For storm players their best strategy when it battle is to quickly kill and then get out. While other players like death who up until the level 58 spell, highest hit in the game was 500. They can take their time when trying to take down and enemy. Ice has the highest health in the game, but most of their gear does not come with a pip bonus. For every school their is good and bad, just have to learn the best strategy for your school.

If you plan on playing the game with your friend who is storm frequently, I suggest you enter the battle first, use taunt if you have it, to keep her from getting hit, and if you can, use spells on the enemy to help boost her attack, and let her take out the enemy. Always best to protect your heavy hitters when in battle with them.