Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

scarecrow not good enough ...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
yea hi all my fellow necromancers, i came here with a suggestion that has ben on all your minds, to make scarecrow stronger.
i noticed how all the other level 48 multi attack spells for all schools always gave some sort of an extra effect:
storm lord: damage and stun
frost giant: damage and stun
power nova: damage and weakness
rebirth: healing and absorb
fire dragon: damage and burn
earthquake ( counts as multi attack): damage and destroy all shields/traps

but how come the death multi attack spell only does damage and healing?
scarecrow: damage and heals half. i know its second effect is supposed to be healing but thats the part of the "take away health" of death.

when you think about it, the following: scarecrow, wraith vampire ghoul, they arent really doing damage but they take away opponent health and give you half, thats always their effect. thats why the boost cards like tough strong or giant dont affect it, they dont do damage they take health and give back half only.

me and my necromancer friends feel that the healing part of scarecrow is just part of the " damge/ take away health" part of it, that it doesnt count as a second effect.
we feel that maybe the least that kingsisle can do to make it slightly better is to give it a second effect of " curse to all enemies" or something like that. cause the cards like rebirth or power nova, their second effect is actually a spell from that school: weakness, absorb, etc.
how come only death doesnt get a second effect like them?

me and my fellow necromancers want a second effect for scarecrow, like a curse to all enemies or a plague to all enemies, or infection.

it would be nice to see scarecrow as a multi attack and multi curse card

i know you might say that the healing is second effect but we feel that it isnt, thats its just the other part of the first effect " take away 400 health" and gives it half like the other "take away health" spells ( wraith ghoul vampire)

i hope kingsisle will consider this small addition to the card scarecrow, cause we think it gives few effects for a level 7 spell
thx for your time

paul darkflame, lvl 60 necromancer

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
I'm actually a pyromancer but I think that it's normal.
Most of the death spells already do that. But... Maybe it could stun?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
darkpaul wrote:
yea hi all my fellow necromancers, i came here with a suggestion that has ben on all your minds, to make scarecrow stronger.
i noticed how all the other level 48 multi attack spells for all schools always gave some sort of an extra effect:

scarecrow: damage and heals half. i know its second effect is supposed to be healing but thats the part of the "take away health" of death.

Fire Dragon only does Damage over time (which is a fire thing), stun is useless on almost every boss, power nova is a charm spell so you can't boost it with enchantment cards and there are few balance buff spells, rebirth has an absorb because you just used all your pips healing everyone and in the process made yourself the primary target, and earthquake is a rank 6 spell (should be comparing orthrus for this which is a two part single hitter which is also is a myth thing).

darkpaul wrote:
when you think about it, the following: scarecrow, wraith vampire ghoul, they arent really doing damage but they take away opponent health and give you half, thats always their effect. thats why the boost cards like tough strong or giant dont affect it, they dont do damage they take health and give back half only.

me and my necromancer friends feel that the healing part of scarecrow is just part of the " damge/ take away health" part of it, that it doesnt count as a second effect.
we feel that maybe the least that kingsisle can do to make it slightly better is to give it a second effect of " curse to all enemies" or something like that. cause the cards like rebirth or power nova, their second effect is actually a spell from that school: weakness, absorb, etc.

Neither do Fire and Myth, and myth's is a single hitter. Looking at it compared to wraith, vampire, and ghoul, crow's second effect would be that it hits all enemies, and that's HUGE. Rarely do I see a death wizard fire off crow and not come away fully healed and ready to go.

darkpaul wrote:
me and my fellow necromancers want a second effect for scarecrow, like a curse to all enemies or a plague to all enemies, or infection.

i know you might say that the healing is second effect but we feel that it isnt, thats its just the other part of the first effect " take away 400 health" and gives it half like the other "take away health" spells ( wraith ghoul vampire)

i hope kingsisle will consider this small addition to the card scarecrow, cause we think it gives few effects for a level 7 spell
thx for your time

While I understand what you're saying/feeling, I don't think that you have fully considered how awesome that spell is as it is. But hey, here's hoping.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2010
I'm a necromancer and I don't have the scarecrow but I think it could activate all shields and charms and change them so they give the spell a damage boost.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
So you want Scarecrow to have a side-effect, even though it already has a side-effect?

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
well you make some good points there, but remember that orthrus is a one enemy hit target, while earthquake is a multi hit spell, thats what i am focusing on in here, and orthrus is like minotaur only stronger, too attacks per spell, thats pretty powerfull
the burn from fire dragon is like the fire elf, only a powerful over turn kill
the stuns are powerful. though they may be useless on some bosses, hey, its still a good side effect from storm lord or frost giant.

i see what your saying that scarecrow is a great health take from ALL enemies, but every school spell has a multi kill card with a second effect.

all am saying is is that scarecrow healing power is part of its first ability and not really a "second effect", thats all
and say we do approve of the " curse all enemies", well hey, its not like a "feint all enemies" its just a 20% boost is all, come on thats not much, and loook at power nova. -25% to all enemies, thats awesome, but death deserves more for its name.

to us healing is part of the first attacking part of scarecrow, and a simple "curse to all enemies" isnt that much
we just want to see scarecrow with a REAL side effect, not just healing

paul darkflame

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
First, you were talking about how all Level 48 Spells have a second affect. Why mention Earthquake? It's not a Level 48 Spell; therefore it shouldn't be mentioned. Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I'll address your complaint. I know a lot of Necromancers, and I've never heard any of them complain about Scarecrow. In fact, I created my Necromancer because so many of my Necromancer friends recommended Death for Scarecrow among other spells. To be honest, I don't get why you're complaining; Scarecrow saps health from all enemies. Adding anything else to the attack would be downright unfair, especially since the attack would be much stronger than Storm Lord by any standards, and the entire flow of power throughout the schools would be out of sync (yes, I'm going back to that). Plus, what it does already is pretty powerful especially with the right buffs and gear. Scarecrow is fine the way it is; maybe it's you that isn't good enough.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
darkpaul wrote:
orthrus: damage and another hit

thx for your time

OK I just figured this out but here: 2,400 HP are involved in Scarecrow;

400x4=1600 (DAMAGE)
200x4=800 (HEALING)
1600+800=2400 Math:
1|6|0|0
0|8|0|0
(ADD) 1+0=1x1000=1000+6+8=14x100=1400=2400+0+0=0x10=0+0=0=0=2400
_____

PS I fixed your's!

Survivor
May 30, 2009
darkpaul wrote:

thx for your time

um... earthquake is NOT the level 48 myth spell. orthrus is, he is the 2 headed dog that comes out of the ground. and it does 50 damage then 655 damage i believe.
And, the scarecrow, the healing IS the other half.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
um... earthquake is NOT the level 48 myth spell. orthrus is, he is the 2 headed dog that comes out of the ground. and it does 50 damage then 655 damage i believe.
And, the scarecrow, the healing IS the other half.

well when you think about it, its not really a second effect
look at the death spells wraith ghoul and vampire, the reason they cant be affected by the boost spells tough and etc is because they dont do damage.
their attack spell type is that " broken heart", which is always " take # health from enemy and give half back", other wise it would have been " does # damge .." and have that " fist spell type" rather than the broken heart.

scarecrow is " broken heart" so it just takes four hundred health and gives back half, like any other " broken heart " spell. they all take health and give half back, thats really part of the first effect

the reason its written is to not only explain what the " broken heart" spells do, but to make you think healing is a second effect, but to me it isnt
its just the extra effect based on first one

a real second effect would be like "weakness to all enemies" or " remove all charms and shield to all enemies" or anything done to all enemies like a trap or burn or remove shields, thats the real side effect

scarecrow just takes health and gives you half, like any other " broken heart spell" but doesnt REALLY have a second effect to all enemies like a weakness or something, the most we want for a second effect is a " curse to all enemies: + 20%" thats all

its not like we asking for a feint all enemies, thats all we're saying

-paul

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Sorry man, but if they added anything else to any broken heart spell it would be unfair. I am to level 43 with my Death character and it has been super easy so far and I'm just about to Dragonspyre. I don't even have Scarecrow yet, but with Wraith I can do over 4000 damage to a boss and get over 2000 health back. Which obviously brings be back up to full health. I don't even take shields into fights because I don't ever need them. When I get Scarecrow it will be even worse. Hit all enemies and get Life back. It kind of stinks you can't do the Sun School boosts, but Death has so many boosts on it's own you really don't need them. Absorb shields don't work with broken heart spells and we get Feint which is arguably the best spell in the game. What more do you need? :D

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
I agree. Scarecrow needs something else. How about if it uses POISON over three rounds as well?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
darkpaul wrote:
well when you think about it, its not really a second effect
look at the death spells wraith ghoul and vampire, the reason they cant be affected by the boost spells tough and etc is because they dont do damage.
their attack spell type is that " broken heart", which is always " take # health from enemy and give half back", other wise it would have been " does # damge .." and have that " fist spell type" rather than the broken heart.

By that logic, Rebirth and Power Nova didn't get a second effect either. Neither of them can be affected by enchantment cards such as tough and strong either because rebirth is healing and power nova is considered a charm spell.

darkpaul wrote:
scarecrow is " broken heart" so it just takes four hundred health and gives back half, like any other " broken heart " spell. they all take health and give half back, thats really part of the first effect

So, KI made a special class of spell, just for Death. Because you have your own class of spell, you think that it isn't a double effect even though it clearly steals, heals, and completely bypasses absorbs? Realistically, you actually have four spells with a second effect. But if you choose not to see it that way...

darkpaul wrote:
the reason its written is to not only explain what the " broken heart" spells do, but to make you think healing is a second effect, but to me it isnt
its just the extra effect based on first one

a real second effect would be like "weakness to all enemies" or " remove all charms and shield to all enemies" or anything done to all enemies like a trap or burn or remove shields, thats the real side effect

I'm sorry, I totally disagree. If I use your logic here with the Fire Dragon spell, it doesn't have a real second effect either, because when you think about it, Fire Dragon is just like a really strong fire elf spell, and fire has had lots of damage over time spells all along.

darkpaul wrote:
scarecrow just takes health and gives you half, like any other " broken heart spell" but doesnt REALLY have a second effect to all enemies like a weakness or something, the most we want for a second effect is a " curse to all enemies: + 20%" thats all

its not like we asking for a feint all enemies, thats all we're saying

-paul

I understand where you are coming from, but i don't think you are appreciating the value of your spell. I also don't think you want to compare apples to apples here because I have pointed out two other spells of the same level that don't REALLY have a second effect either, and rebirth doesn't attack anyone.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2010