Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Healing in PvP should be banned!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
mpork wrote:
In PvP there is allot of people who just heal and keep healing and healing and it is annoying to have to be close to killing someone and then they heal and then they win mostly. I am also trying to be a warlord and i can't do that because i always lose because of healers. I am a veteran and i keep winning and then being down ranked by healers and it is annoying. Hopefully healing could be banned for life wizards because when you are so close to winning the life wizards ALWAYS heal. :?

Really?? I am a life wizard but healing is my thing .......
Lets say are jeulouse losing all the time???
Now life only!!!!! has like 6 spells its like this
You Storm 5 health left:Help please heal me!!
Life:Sorry you got healing banned
Storm: BUT! cast pixie so heals yourself but fizzles....
Other team: HAHA! cast stormzilla on you
You:NO!!!!!
Life flees:Why you have to do that?!

Defender
May 17, 2009
Let me add some more ideas as well.

1. No blades (except for you)
2. No traps (except for you)
3. No shields (except for you)
4. No spells (except for you)

Really? Work your way around this obstacle. I have a feeling the easiest way to become Warlord at this point is to complain to Kingsisle, and I am not kidding.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Healing shouldn't be banned at all in PvP because if you have a life wizard on your team they would just be waiting for pips like for some of us but of course it's possibly the main thing in the PvP system.

Also for that blades and traps and stuff I don't agree with that because if you want to blade someone then the attack power would grow and this is usually happens in every PvP battle to have a bit of encouragment that they are going to win. :D
Well thats what I think and nothing should be banned from PvP only the problem with when you pick to put a blade/shield on yourself it goes to the last person or to one of the people near you. :-)
-Thank you :)

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
If they banned healing then storm would kill you in two turns. Just sayin'

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
mpork wrote:
In PvP there is allot of people who just heal and keep healing and healing and it is annoying to have to be close to killing someone and then they heal and then they win mostly. I am also trying to be a warlord and i can't do that because i always lose because of healers. I am a veteran and i keep winning and then being down ranked by healers and it is annoying. Hopefully healing could be banned for life wizards because when you are so close to winning the life wizards ALWAYS heal. :?
i use reshuffle to keep going does that mean reshuffle should be banned to.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Dude i agree, people complaining about healing is just ridiculous.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
You can train all that stuff (infection etc.) orrrrrrr do the smart and easy way of beating life school. BEAT THEM IN ONE ATTACK. It sounds crazy doesnt it!?!? But no i am out of my mind here, theres no way to beat a school in one attack.

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
I lol'd...

The kid is worried about making Warlord when he can't even beat a Healer...

Veteran is not even CLOSE to Warlord; and Warlord is supposed to be a discriminating title. Not everyone is supposed to make Warlord. If you can't do it, then you are one of the few not meant to make it.

As it stands, we already have far too many Warlords. All my Wizard made Warlord regardless of school within a week of PvP'ing with them. Don't complain just because YOU cannot make it. You are only the master of the world in your own mind. We hardly care enough to change the world because of YOU.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
I dont agree. Say someone keeps attacking and attacking non-stop. Would you ban that? No. And some keeps healing and healing non-stop. It's almost the same thing.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
darthjt wrote:
mpork wrote:

No wait, I have a better idea! We should ban all attack spells, only allow heals and shields! Yeah that's it. No, wait, better yet, No shields, no heal, no attacks! Yeah, how about that!

Seriously? Should we all just roll over and play dead for you? Or would you find a way to complain about that too?

Could. Not. Have. Said. Better.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
mpork wrote:
So what with one of my buddies i did about 3000 damage kill them i one attack.
codydragonblade lv 39 magus pyromancer

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Why not get yourself a pet and train it properly to heal you- or how about train in life school so you can heal.. There is nothing wrong with healing in pvp, sorry for your loss.. lol

Survivor
May 31, 2010
I REALLY think that healing shouldn't be banned. :( It takes away the point of the school of life. I am not a life wizard myself, but I think that life wizards are really mainly healers so how will they fight without it?

Survivor
Nov 08, 2010
if they taking away healing from life is like taking away shields from ice or blades from balance

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
cameron225 wrote:
Thats like banning all life wizards! Seriously, i would stop complaining because one day you will be doind a 2v2 match and on your side is a life wiz and you die. Here is how it plays out:

You: can you heal me?

Life wiz: i cant you got healing banned from pvp

You: but your life, you have to heal me

Life wiz: nope

There, end of story. now how would you like healing if, like another said, you were ten health away from dying, and you found a saytar (not sure how it spelled, my life wiz isnt high enough for it yet ), well your going first, and you dont want to die. Now if you hadnt got healing banned, you could live and possibly win. But sadly it was banned, so then you are takin out with a wand attack, how would you feel about healing then? just my two cents...

Amber Stormsong level 38 diviner

Banning healing is like banning wizards just because of their school! Half of the Life school spells focus on healing and protecting their allies. Dryad, Satyr, Fairy, Pixie, Regenerate...need I go on? Besides, novices and apprentices in PvP probably would rely on their adept and magus friends to heal them. So ask yourself: if you can't heal, should we ban the spells that increase damage so you don't need to heal? Ban the spells that shield you and protect you, like Spirit Shield? If you ban PvP healing, ban everything else except the spells that only do damage, including gear.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
diamond1374 wrote:
if they taking away healing from life is like taking away shields from ice or blades from balance

I agree with this as well. Every school has their strong point: Storm is massive damage, Ice is defenses, Fire is damage over time spells, Death is draining health, Myth is summoning Minions, Balance is casting 'blades and Shields, and Life's is healing. Taking away healing...if you do that, then reduce Storm's damage, stop Ice from defending, make all the Fire spells single-turn damagers, make the Death spells unable to drain, take away all of the Myth's minions, and prevent Balance from casting 'blades. PvP and the individual schools that make it up and make it fun...take away healing, take away everything else. Like it was said, ban attacking, ban Shields, ban spellcasting altogether if you ban healing in PvP!

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
Pvp is making everything ridiculous.

People complained about Judge and Beguile and Ice and Storm and .etc.

Now healing?

PLEASE.

Imagine yourself in this state of Pvp:

Your currently a Life wizard.

Your team is 1 health away from dead...

You: Hey guys, I'm Life so I can heal!

*Team Cheers*

You: Oh wait i forgot I BANNED HEALING!

*Team boos*

Never ever ban healing!

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
mpork wrote:

you no all the schools have their differences Life has a lot of healing. LIVE WITH IT! Use your school to your advantage.

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, I will try and not be mean.

If healing was banned, then half of all of the other schools should be banned too then, to keep things in balance.

So, if you are storm, Leviathan, Storm Lord, Triton should be banned.
Death would lose Skeletal Dragon, Wraith, and Skeletal Pirate.
Ice would lose Snow Angel, Frost Giant, and Tower shields.
Balance would lose Judgment, donate pips, and weakness!
Fire would lose Efreet, Fire Dragon, and heck hound!
Myth would lose Medusa, Earthquake, and Minions!

Hmm, not much left of PvP or spells for that matter.

So, here is a suggestion, learn entangle, or the death spell that takes of 50% of heals. There is always a counter to everything, but asking for spells to be banned?

Survivor
Feb 24, 2011
mpork wrote:
If that were to happen, life wizards could only do damange with wand spells, imp, leprechaun, centaur and nature's wrath/lord of the forest. Which are REALLY a little number of spells, compared to the rest of the schools. Life is balanced because they almost never miss an attack, can heal an entire group, can heal others, and can heal SERIOUS damange! Without healing, life would be as useless as myth without minions, as storm with low damange, as ice with low base health, as death without drains... If you don't like that, be 3 steps infront your opponent, use infenction enough times so all their next healings will be about useless! Not death? Baazar! Go baazar and buy Doom and Gloom treasure cards, they reduce all the healing by 60% or 70% (your choice, 70% cards are a bit more expensive) for the rest of the battle! I have a friend who is Life and Fire, while I'm Death and Ice! We are complete opposites, and never beat the other. Our ratio is Won: 0 Lost: 0! We always end the same, me a single Death Touch, he a single Minor Blessing. Well, anyway, I hope that my adbice helped me! I also use healing spells like Pixie sometimes.

Firmed: Valdus Darkblade, level 15 Necromancer and...

Sir Cookie, baby Heckhound!

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
What gets me is that, in my last PvP duel, I had a high-level Life wizard (one of my opponents) complain that my team was healing too much, going so far as to say that she would destroy the next person who healed. Of course the next person in the duel to cast a heal spell was that high-level life wizard. One Wild Bolt later, and my team had won the duel.

I am not against this aspect, but I felt that the original poster might change his mind were he to play a Life wizard.

Aeden Thunderrunner (Storm)

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I think the pet healing so be banned in pvp it hurts people that use dispels and infection where as if a pet will heal whats the point....... Pet spells of any kind should be banned in pvp

Armiger
May 10, 2010
jeff1568 wrote:
I think the pet healing so be banned in pvp it hurts people that use dispels and infection where as if a pet will heal whats the point....... Pet spells of any kind should be banned in pvp

Okay, if my pet can't cast spells, then I think they should ban any spells you cast too! Would only be fair. So, I get to cast spells and you don't, sounds like a winning scenario for me, I'll take it.

BTW, this is sarcasm... Ban Pets from PvP, lol, too funny. Let's ban armor, and amulets, and shields, and treasures, lets just ban everything!

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
mpork wrote:

LOL there are spells to counter this. ever heard of INFECTION or ENTANGLE? yes, spamming heal spells is annoying (I see this allot as a theurgist) but just adjust your strategy and stop complaining. PVP is already messed up as it is. dont make the situation worse

Hunter Mistbreaker Legendary Theurgist