Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should critical bonus damage be cut in half

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I'm all for the critical damage system, though I think critical damage should likely do 50% more damage as opposed to 100% more damage. Wondered what others thought about this.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I'm all for the critical damage system, though I think critical damage should likely do 50% more damage as opposed to 100% more damage. Wondered what others thought about this.

oh just leave it alone please. thank you.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
No it's fine, here's an idea, get critical block gear.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
Don't cut it in half, think about the people in W101!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
seasnake wrote:

You are the Biggest Whiner this game has ever seen! Does nothing ever satisfy you? Try a snickers bar! Or let me give you some cheese!

Dude, the game is fine, Learn to adapt and stop wanting everything handed to you on a silver platter! Work for something in your life!

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
Thank you darthjt!!! The whiners in PvP have already cost us plenty in lost spells, etc. Now I'm hearing, NO moon school... NO healing...NO critical... the list goes on forever. Please guys just get over it! Please!!!

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Seasnake does have a point here. The damage is out of control now in this game. I saw a 6 pip tempest with just 2 smaller blades of +20% and +25% do over 3000 damage through full warlord arena gear. A storm lord with no blades or buffs whatsoever did 2200 damage through full arena gear. The damage in this game is out of control. Life is worthless in 4v4 now. Death and fire are worthless. Myth only has earthquake. The kings of the arena now are storm and ice which is why when you look at ranked pvp most of the players are now ice and storm. The criticals are out of control. Damage is out of control. Warlord gear may as well be made out of paper machete. Those who go second have practically no chance of ever winning anymore. KI just puts more and more stuff into the game to ruin pvp.

Also, low level pvp is now worthless. I saw a level 1 balance with a rank of nearly 1000. Adept teams are getting all grandmasters and legendary and are losing 25-30 points while winning 2-3 if lucky. Teams are using all ninja pigs and polymorphs. Legendary 3v3 teams are using one low level so they can play all magus, adepts, and low level masters. Call it whining if you want but the arena and its play are out of control now and Kingsisle is to blame. KI you need to THINK the next time you put this stuff in the game. I am 40 years old and have been playing this game practically since the beginning and it is going downhill. My kids stopped playing. Most of the adults I used to play with are gone now because of rampant cheating i.e. the old chain stuns and treasure bolts. I realize they are fixing polymorphs but if KI thought before they did this would not happen. They fix one thing only to mess up on another and it is getting old. I am starting to miss the old days with no rank system, no reason to cheat, and open arenas where people could just step in. The arena is a joke now and I have spoken to hundreds who agree. FIX IT.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
deadly145 wrote:
Seasnake does have a point here. The damage is out of control now in this game. I saw a 6 pip tempest with just 2 smaller blades of +20% and +25% do over 3000 damage through full warlord arena gear. A storm lord with no blades or buffs whatsoever did 2200 damage through full arena gear. The damage in this game is out of control. Life is worthless in 4v4 now. Death and fire are worthless. Myth only has earthquake. The kings of the arena now are storm and ice which is why when you look at ranked pvp most of the players are now ice and storm. The criticals are out of control. Damage is out of control. Warlord gear may as well be made out of paper machete. Those who go second have practically no chance of ever winning anymore. KI just puts more and more stuff into the game to ruin pvp.

Also, low level pvp is now worthless. I saw a level 1 balance with a rank of nearly 1000. Adept teams are getting all grandmasters and legendary and are losing 25-30 points while winning 2-3 if lucky. Teams are using all ninja pigs and polymorphs. Legendary 3v3 teams are using one low level so they can play all magus, adepts, and low level masters. Call it whining if you want but the arena and its play are out of control now and Kingsisle is to blame. KI you need to THINK the next time you put this stuff in the game. I am 40 years old and have been playing this game practically since the beginning and it is going downhill. My kids stopped playing. Most of the adults I used to play with are gone now because of rampant cheating i.e. the old chain stuns and treasure bolts. I realize they are fixing polymorphs but if KI thought before they did this would not happen. They fix one thing only to mess up on another and it is getting old. I am starting to miss the old days with no rank system, no reason to cheat, and open arenas where people could just step in. The arena is a joke now and I have spoken to hundreds who agree. FIX IT.

Maybe a solution to all this would be for KI to make the challenges all of the same lvls? Such as 1v1 same level both adept or magus or whatever, 2v2 same level and so on and if there happens to be a legendary or even a grandmaster with critical gear attempting to jump into an adept or magus game they will not be able to access it? That way there would be less cheating in PVP, well with the critical attacks anyways and more of a game of skill. Good luck with that.

:-P

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
deadly145 wrote:
Life is worthless in 4v4 now. Death and fire are worthless. Myth only has earthquake.

Although I agree with most of your post and appreciate that you saw the point of this thread I can not agree with this statement you posted.

Life is definately not worthless in 4v4, but rather is one of the strongest 4v4 characters. I say this after going up against a life player in 4v4 that had the crafted ring and athame and had high life critical and used unicorn to critically heal the team every other round for two thousand or so health per time. When no healing was needed they were able to launch a very powerful forest lord attack. In any case, a well equiped and played life in 4v4 PvP is very difficult to go up against.

Death will remain useful in PvP as long as it has beguile, even if it only works well when death goes first, it is still a very unfair spell.

Fire is super strong in 4v4 PvP and typically casts a stun all card before storm or ice can get off a stunning attack. Fire currently plays as it should.

A good myth player will concentrate upon making strong frog attacks as its 8 pip spell is pretty much a joke. Medusa needs to be redone.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
deadly145 wrote:

What do you mean Life, Myth, Death, and Fire is worthless? It is easy going in a high rank with a fire wizard. If you hadn't used all of the fire spells, USE ALL OF THEM WITH A BUNCH OF BLADES AND TRAPS! (sry caps). You shouldn't blame KI in this, think about it deadly145, think about it.