Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No card trading on same account?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Having reached Legendary and Grandmaster in Crafting, I was delighted to think I could now craft cards for my other toons on my same account.

I was mistaken. At least I think I am. I can not deposit cards into my shared bank.

Please tell me I am bugged.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Nope, only thing that can be traded are reagents and pet snacks. I have several close friends that will help me trade my crafted treasure cards from one wizard to the other.

Defender
May 31, 2010
There is a work around for this .

You can either trade the cards to a good friend who will trade them back to you ,
or...
Create a new account with a free wizard, and trade the cards to them , then trade them back to yourself. Don't need to do anything special to duel log , just open the program twice .nothing extra needed on target line or making second copy etc. very simple to do.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
I think it is unfair that we have to use a 'work around' to do even simple crafting projects. Why is it that things are changed and added for PvPrs and Pet trainers, but crafters seem to have no voice? Why would it be unreasonable to allow us to share bank our treasure cards?

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
The problem is I can not craft treasure cards outside of my own school as REQUIRED by crafting recipes for certain items. For example: I am a Myth Legendary Wizard/Grand Master Crafter, but I can not craft the Helephant cards (NINE cards to be exact), to craft the Aquarium, which is a recipe I purchased in Grissleheim.

This recipe is AVAILABLE to me to purchase because I have met ALL the requirements to craft this card, yet it is out of my reach because I can NOT craft the Helephant card which is a FIRE SCHOOL.

It seems to me that after reaching GRAND MASTER CRAFTER, I should be able to craft ANY recipe in the game that I can purchase and have the reagents for.

Even if I found a FIRE WIZARD who could craft the card, he can NOT trade this card to me.

The only way he could get the card to me would be to place it on the bazaar, and I would then have to snatch it up quickly before anyone else. Seeing as I require NINE of these cards which are crafted with rare reagents, I don't see this as a viable solution to obtaining my cards that I need.

The other solution is to camp the bazaar 24/7 and hope by the off chance someone might just sell his Helephant card. And guess what. After camping the bazaar for days, I found just one card.

Then I thought, "well let me find a mob that drops this card and I'll camp that". So I find a mob that drops the card but after 15 kills with NO CARD DROP, I gave up. THAT took me all night to do.

This is a game breaker for me. I worked my way up to getting the highest level in crafting, and yet I am not able to craft the recipes that I can PURCHASE freely in the game.

So, I'm looking around for a new game to play. And honestly, I would have played this game for quite a long time, made several characters, and had fun doing it all.

But I don't agree with the philosophy of the game design decision that involves crafting. There should have been a different solution to resolving a PvP conflict in the game and or PvE balance issues.

So, when my subscription comes up for renewal, I'm afraid it will be cancelled.

Hero
May 27, 2009
There are card-trading forums on the fan sites that can help you acquire cards for crafting. I myself have multiple characters who have all trained in crafting so that they can make the cards needed for whatever recipe. I will probably only get one wizard on each of my two accounts to Grandmaster Artisan unless sandstone suddenly appears in the Spiral somewhere, but with crafting it's got to be "where there's a will there's a way".

No idea why the crafting aspect of this game is so difficult. I wish someone at Kingsisle would reply or comment or SOMETHING!

Defender
May 31, 2010
Zabalah,
Being a myth crafter , you can craft one of the more sought after cards , Earthquake. Many of us crafters know earthquake is needed to craft the carousel. OH that lovely carousel , I am working on it atm. Plus all the tents too. Thing is , since you can craft it , you should be able to trade for the cards you do want.
But I do understand that the game does not seem to have many active card traders. You can often find me running off at the face in the bazaar and commons area looking for people to trade me the cards I need. Everyone is too quiet in the game , unless they are yelling for "I need a girl"
I know one of the fansites has an area on their forum for trading cards , but it is for their website gold , and if you not active with them , you can't get the cards you want. We definitely need to find a way to change this in the wizard game itself.
What I would love to have is a designated trading house in the game, least a place we can gather and trade cards. Until then , what I am suggesting , is maybe all those too quiet crafters out there , meet up on the unicorn realm this Saturday and Sunday night , say maybe starting at 6pm Pacific , would be 9pm Eastern, in the ravenwood area. Wear your crafting badge , and get to meet you fellow crafters. You know who they are , those people who have been sneaking up behind you grabbing those stone blocks ;) Maybe we could make it a weekly get together.
But again , you are lucky in being able to craft a sought after card. My death is a grandmaster crafter , and all of the crafting recipes that ask for death cards can be bought at the bazaar or library. I do craft feints that I trade with PvP players. You should have an easy time of trading for helephant , if you ask around.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Folks,
When was the last time you tried to trade a well sought after card?

Because as of Celestia, you can NO LONGER trade these cards. I have tried. Trading is not permitted for these cards.

I have friends who have tried to trade these cards with me, and they can not trade them.

I have friends who have made these cards for me and they can not trade them.

So to everyone suggesting that I find someone to trade cards with, its been done. It does not work.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Zabalah - crafted cards are perfectly tradeable. I don't know why you keep saying they are not. Enchanted cards are what is not tradeable, and don't work in crafting anyway.

MsSandy - anywhere but Wizard City for a crafters' meeting place, please. Too many scammers have been there for my taste. Why not meet in the Mooshu World Gate room? Most crafters of cards worth trading will be at least that level, and it is such a beautiful place and underused. Let's start a new topic with this idea and let's see how many crafters are interested.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Zabalah,

The only reason a friend cannot trade them to you is that they have enchanted the card to make it a treasure card. Enchanted cards are not tradeable.

My Storm Legendary cannot take a tempest or stormzilla and put an accuracy on it to make it a treasure then trade it. So your friend is not crafting them, they are enchanting them.