Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Mounts! (IDEAS!)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2010
Hi everyone Destiny Fireheart here!!
Do you have any ideas about new mounts?
Please post your ideas and maybe just maybe it will be accepted!! Thanks!

MY IDEAS include.....
-octopus
-pheonix
-a dinosaur (roar)
-a long dragon (sorta like a sea serpent) :-P

Thanks
-Destiny

Explorer
Feb 24, 2010
Delver
Aug 14, 2009
My idea would be a raven and you can fly on it like the griffin with the epic pack.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Feedback on Hillary567's ideas:

An octopus would be fun, but I really don't see how people would ride on it - much less how it would be moving (and frankly, I think we have enough logic-breaking mounts swimming in air already with the turtle, fish and shark).

Phoenix - While this one would actually be justified as "flying" in air, I would much rather see it as an ostritch of sorts - a bird that runs, rather than flies like you see in most other games.

Dinosaur - zomg yes please.

Long Dragon - while the idea has merit, we already have western-style dragons, and, frankly, I think that a long mount would just be confusing. Not to mention that it would glitch into everything.

Own ideas:

I would love to see a flying carpet as a mount. The wizard could be sitting on it with crossed legs, like a fakir from the old arabic legends. Oh, and we totally have to get turbans for hats as well.

Rollerskates. Really. Added benefit for the animators, as the standing- and idle-animations of the unmounted player can be recycled.

A surfboard would be fun to see, too. I mean, we're wizards. It's not a far stretch to imagine that the surfboard would come with its own wave on land (underwater, it could merely "speed" through water without making its own wave), and have the wizard ride the top of it.

Pogo stick - need I say more?

Survivor
May 08, 2010
Bookshelvings wrote:
Feedback on Hillary567's ideas:

An octopus would be fun, but I really don't see how people would ride on it - much less how it would be moving (and frankly, I think we have enough logic-breaking mounts swimming in air already with the turtle, fish and shark).

Phoenix - While this one would actually be justified as "flying" in air, I would much rather see it as an ostritch of sorts - a bird that runs, rather than flies like you see in most other games.

Dinosaur - zomg yes please.

Long Dragon - while the idea has merit, we already have western-style dragons, and, frankly, I think that a long mount would just be confusing. Not to mention that it would glitch into everything.

Own ideas:

I would love to see a flying carpet as a mount. The wizard could be sitting on it with crossed legs, like a fakir from the old arabic legends. Oh, and we totally have to get turbans for hats as well.

Rollerskates. Really. Added benefit for the animators, as the standing- and idle-animations of the unmounted player can be recycled.

A surfboard would be fun to see, too. I mean, we're wizards. It's not a far stretch to imagine that the surfboard would come with its own wave on land (underwater, it could merely "speed" through water without making its own wave), and have the wizard ride the top of it.

Pogo stick - need I say more?

Hrmm well the octopus is a kinda weird idea. (sorry!) but I personally think the pheonix idea is okay..... but we all have our differences right??

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
Survivor
Feb 08, 2010
omg181918 wrote:
fire dragon, hydra, firecat, a hound, a wyvern, a snake O:
i think they should add those mini bears that walk around in grizzleheim in the commons for gh (i forgot the name) add as pet not mount that would be creepy
:-)

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
hey its amanda spell gem and i think that there should be a centaur mount :D

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Hillary567 wrote:
Hi everyone Destiny Fireheart here!!
Do you have any ideas about new mounts?
Please post your ideas and maybe just maybe it will be accepted!! Thanks!

MY IDEAS include.....
-octopus
-pheonix
-a dinosaur (roar)
-a long dragon (sorta like a sea serpent) :-P

Thanks
-Destiny
The long dragon is called a chi, yw :D