Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stone Blocks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Is there a way for the powers that be to create a transmute stone block? With all the quests that require stone block, a transmute is definitely needed lol.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Stone Blocks used to be a COMMON reagent until everyone and their brother needs them for Grandmaster Artisan projects. Hopefully, once the rush is over, supplies will normalize. None of the common reagents -- mistwood, mushrooms, ore, have transmutes.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Well none of the other quests requiring mistwood, ore, or mushrooms demand over 1500 of them. Also, the fact that we absolutely must have them in order to transmute them into sandstones and then sunstones is deplorable.
I understand that Celestia is not supposed to be easy, but after the ridiculous amount of blocks harvested for the GM Artisian quest, it leaves one without the desire to continue to craft as all the Celestian gear requires a ridiuclous amount of sunstones.
Something needs to be done or KI will find a lot of people losing interest in crafting ( which other than PVP is the only thing to do once all the quests are done). And eventually interest in the game will be lost as well, at least according to myself and every other person I know who does craft.
Either sunstones/sandstones need to be rare drops like a golden pearl, or the amount of sunstones needs to be diminished. Those are the only options I see as stone blocks are becoming as rare as the regents mentioned above.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
I agree, the GM Artisan quest is frustrating. I have spent lots of time creating three Master Artisans. I will not advance all three of them to GM, maybe only one. I do not understand the marketing idea of the quest. So far I spend hours riding around on my broom hoping to find a once plentiful reagent. I have depleted all of my wizard's reagent pools of stone block. When it is all said and done, the search is boring. I was not happy to see that the same reagent is going to be required to craft the robe I would like to make as a reward for this searching. And the reason is?
Please do not make crafting so BORING. If you want us to search for something, mix it up a little bit. Take us to different areas of the spiral. Send us back to our crafting tables more often. Enrich the rewards. Let us craft things for our other wizards. Let us design the robes we make.
I used to enjoy crafting, finding it a relaxing way to play without having to battle something. Not anymore.
Please, KI, rethink crafting a little.
Thanks.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
jenaburton wrote:
Well none of the other quests requiring mistwood, ore, or mushrooms demand over 1500 of them. Also, the fact that we absolutely must have them in order to transmute them into sandstones and then sunstones is deplorable.
I understand that Celestia is not supposed to be easy, but after the ridiculous amount of blocks harvested for the GM Artisian quest, it leaves one without the desire to continue to craft as all the Celestian gear requires a ridiuclous amount of sunstones.
Something needs to be done or KI will find a lot of people losing interest in crafting ( which other than PVP is the only thing to do once all the quests are done). And eventually interest in the game will be lost as well, at least according to myself and every other person I know who does craft.
Either sunstones/sandstones need to be rare drops like a golden pearl, or the amount of sunstones needs to be diminished. Those are the only options I see as stone blocks are becoming as rare as the regents mentioned above.

all the problems being encountered here is due to sandstone not being farmable, every other type of second level regeant can be farmed but for some reason sandstone cant, and not being able to farm sandstone also means there is no way to obtain sunstane as a rare drop.... in contrast you can farm pearls and cause pearls can be farmed you can get golden pearls as drops, otherwise you would need an insane amount of black lotus

Hero
May 27, 2009
There really should be many more stone block spawns in Celestia itself, since the crafting requirement originates there. It seems like there are several spawns early on in Base Camp and Survey Camp, but later areas are almost bare. The Science Center has no spawns that I know of, not to mention that its chests are bugged to not give Celestia-level gold or reagents like chests in every other area.

Come on, Eudora, or whoever can fix this, PLEASE!