Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noobs have finally done it

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
i agree with the level limit because the lower level kids are just porting to their higher level friends and playing around in the higher worlds. there is no need for a level 5 to be in celestia or dragonspyre. for example. i was going through celestia, had to find power sources for this place in the science center, and this quest took all day to complete. i was on like my 17th try (yes i counted) and almost had the enemies dead, when some low level kid jumps in, didnt have text chat, brought in another enemy that cast helephant and killed me instantly. like this is getting annoying that lower levels are finding ways in to worlds they really shouldnt be in and ruining everything that grandmasters and legendarys worked so hard to get to, and are still working on. yes i agree that calling people noobs is offensive, but thats what you are to us at the moment, and you cant sit there and ruin our hard work when its not really your time to be in that certain world. i understand you are curious but do the work like we all did and then you can explore the worlds. until then, dont ruin it for everyone else after all the hard work we did to get where we are.

and also for lower levels saying its unfair that we use our stronger spells in pvp, then dont fight us, dont get into ranked matches, and if its in practice, then get over it! its practice! its no big deal, its not like your gonna lose everything just cuz we beat you in a practice match. calm down, slow your roll cuz ITS JUST A GAME. there is no reason to be making a big deal cuz someone is stronger than you. put the time and work into the game like we did and you will be strong like us too.

and as for this asking people to teleport them into stronger places to they can level jump, just stop. its annoying, do the work yourself. the quests arent that hard, ask for help with your quests. dont bother us to take you into places you shouldnt be yet.

Edward Shadowflame - Legendary Conjurer

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
The other thing that is annoying is that, you're battling a boss and then one of your low level friends port to you. It's always very irritating. I always have that happen. I know some of you wizards buy worlds with crowns, but seriously, don't waste your crowns on places you don't even need to go to yet! My ideas are having:
Wizard City: any level (of course, everyone loves the Bazaar)
Krokotopia: level 15 and higher
Marleybone:level 25 and higher
Mooshu: level 35 and higher
Dragonspyre: level 45 and higher
Celestia: level 50 and higher

I think this is a nice arrangement :D

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
I think these are good porting caps...
Krokotopia: 8+
Marleybone: 15+
Mooshu: 22+
Dragonspyre: 30+
Celestia: 40+
:D
THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!!!
krototopia you didn't get level 10 spells
marlybone you didn't get level 16 spells and mb is everymly HARD!
moon shu you won't be avable to do it by solo
ds you didn't even get even level 32 spells
cl you didn't get even level 42 spells or 58 spells
( i'm talking about this ) i'm not trying to be mean or unkind but if this would be changed berly there would be any grand master or legendarys
and already we can agree that cl IS HARD
so i can't imagine how wizard101 would be grate then if this would be like that
does any body agree with me

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
mina5182 wrote:
Firefan02 wrote:
You can't equip/wear gear if you are not the appropriate level.

I really wish people would stop using "noob" it is rude. Every single one of us started at level one. Many things people complain about are PLAYER behavior issues. A rude, inconsiderate player is just that. Give me their wiz and it will be nice.

Megan

I agree with you Megan it is rude to call ppl noobs :)

The "noobs" probably are people who are sightseeing, who accidently get pulled into a battle, or someone who wants to see how hard the creatures are, and goes into a battle with a celestian guy for protection!

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
if kingsisle saw noob as an insult, shoop! its out. buuuuuuut.... its still here not an insult, its a way of saying you are young. not agreeing to the people who are joining the noob army. ( i guess noob can be used like this too I: ) well, let them like saying, "Well hello young one! Wanna join my fight cause youre a noob?" NOOOOOOOOO! I'm about to die cause i let a noob join my fight! thats what theyll soon be like later. i can tell. i mean sure they are curious and all, buuuuuuut... there is a difference in being curious and just forcing everyone to take them to a new world. If you pay to play, well, you work your way up! start with firecat alley etc., and soon, BOOM, cl! maybe a new world then! so, just stay out of our big peoples way, ( i mean gm and legendary wizards )and youll have a good time! btw, if you go to a world too early, and see everything, its boring when you get there. kepp that in mind. Autumn the zombie hunter-Legendary Necromancer, Noob avoider, Autumn Deathpyre. quote-Have fun, and enjoy the ride, dont let noobs get in the way in life,just let it ride...

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
True true...I mean they have been interfering a lot especially in DragonSpyre. If somebody asks a lower level to help it's different however. Under the circumstances I do and don't agree on the level thing. I do agree because I have seen Adept people in DragonSpyre or MooShu before.(I'm not in Celestia yet.) It does seem fair, but however a level change wouldn't be fair for the "early" people. Some people, very little people, but some people get to DragonSpyre a bit before level 40. For example I made it to DragonSpyre at level 39 and if it was level 40+ I would have been stuck doing some side quests that I really would have not enjoyed. Please quote this post and give me your thoughts.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Just ask if you can join a battle...enough said. I have no problem with anyone wanting to fight in any world just ask before you jump in. Thanks.

Stephanie Shadowstone-Legendary Death
Stephanie Lifecrafter-Legendary Life
Stephanie Legendfinder-Grandmaster Balance
Stephanie Stormcaller-Adept Storm

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
MizSteph22 wrote:
Just ask if you can join a battle...enough said. I have no problem with anyone wanting to fight in any world just ask before you jump in. Thanks.

Stephanie Shadowstone-Legendary Death
Stephanie Lifecrafter-Legendary Life
Stephanie Legendfinder-Grandmaster Balance
Stephanie Stormcaller-Adept Storm
A lot of people don't ask before they join, and thats what ticks me off. I do ask before I join and Help as much as I can and sometimes I make new friends. Now with the Noobs side. All they want is to level up and get good drops and sell them and get money, So they are probably not gonna ask someone if they can join.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
I always see noobs in celestia, or weaklings and once, when I just nicely told a weaking/noob to get out of celesia and do her own work,she said something like "no way" or something.(I dont remember when this happened but I know it happened)Then people around her are saying that I'm the noob.Then I tell them that people on the wizard101 website forums say that there are too many noobs there, they report me for "harrasing".Yeah, it makes no sense but it happened to me.I have an idea.How bout levels 1-MAX can go to wc,10-MAX can go to Krok,20-MAX can go to mb, 30-MAX can go to ms,40-MAX can go to ds,and 48-MAX can go to celestia.If you dont like it, then the other idea is when you are able to go to that world(besides porting and marking)by the spiral door, you are able to go to that place.If it can go into the game, it can stop the noob/weakling crowd.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
PEOPLES... lower level just want to explore the spiral especially celestia because it is a new world...Let them explore the spiral... don't be mean... I am level 48 necromancer and I don't care if I have a low level wizard joining me in the battle.

-Luke SkullStalker Level 48 Necromancer

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Jemuelle04 wrote:
PEOPLES... lower level just want to explore the spiral especially celestia because it is a new world...Let them explore the spiral... don't be mean... I am level 48 necromancer and I don't care if I have a low level wizard joining me in the battle.

-Luke SkullStalker Level 48 Necromancer

for the hundreth time. i wouldnt care if they JUST explored. but they never just explore

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
chaoticzachary2011 wrote:
i agree with the level limit because the lower level kids are just porting to their higher level friends and playing around in the higher worlds. there is no need for a level 5 to be in celestia or dragonspyre. for example. i was going through celestia, had to find power sources for this place in the science center, and this quest took all day to complete. i was on like my 17th try (yes i counted) and almost had the enemies dead, when some low level kid jumps in, didnt have text chat, brought in another enemy that cast helephant and killed me instantly. like this is getting annoying that lower levels are finding ways in to worlds they really shouldnt be in and ruining everything that grandmasters and legendarys worked so hard to get to, and are still working on. yes i agree that calling people noobs is offensive, but thats what you are to us at the moment, and you cant sit there and ruin our hard work when its not really your time to be in that certain world. i understand you are curious but do the work like we all did and then you can explore the worlds. until then, dont ruin it for everyone else after all the hard work we did to get where we are.

and also for lower levels saying its unfair that we use our stronger spells in pvp, then dont fight us, dont get into ranked matches, and if its in practice, then get over it! its practice! its no big deal, its not like your gonna lose everything just cuz we beat you in a practice match. calm down, slow your roll cuz ITS JUST A GAME. there is no reason to be making a big deal cuz someone is stronger than you. put the time and work into the game like we did and you will be strong like us too.

and as for this asking people to teleport them into stronger places to they can level jump, just stop. its annoying, do the work yourself. the quests arent that hard, ask for help with your quests. dont bother us to take you into places you shouldnt be yet.

Edward Shadowflame - Legendary Conjurer

I agree with everything you just said. High Levels Unite!!!!

Survivor
Feb 01, 2010
We were all "noobs" at some point...
They will become grandmasters someday,too.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
when i started playing Wizard101, a lvl 0 person added me and i put yes, and i checked my friends and no one was there.how does that happen?

Wolf shadowblade grand master

Survivor
Nov 09, 2010
I agree with the majority of what most of you are saying. I personally don't care for the word "noob" but I think that's because I've heard it so much in a derogatory way. We were all new at one point and at times I feel I still have much to learn myself and I'm a level 60 Legendary Pyromancer.
The main reason I'm writing this is to say I have met a very young player - 8 years old and second grade. This kid has come in some of my battles and kicked rears. He is as good or better than some of the higher levels I've battled with. I'm proud to have him as a friend. I can not stand for someone to run into your battle, bring in a new enemy then flee and it isn't only the low levels that do this. That's a discourtesy I've experienced a lot and yes, it makes me angry. I also agree there should be level requirements for each world. If you are as good as the young man I spoke of earlier you won't stay a low level long. I don't mind helping anyone in any world but that's because I want to show them the respect I feel they should show others regardless of age or level. I have received as much or more disrespect from higher level players and that really burns.

Madison Titanwhisper - Legendary Pyromancer

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
girlywiz111 wrote:
We were all "noobs" at some point...
They will become grandmasters someday,too.

You still dont understand. its not that there low levels. is that there in celestia while there a low level

Survivor
May 28, 2010
ladynascar3 wrote:
I agree with the majority of what most of you are saying. I personally don't care for the word "noob" but I think that's because I've heard it so much in a derogatory way. We were all new at one point and at times I feel I still have much to learn myself and I'm a level 60 Legendary Pyromancer.
The main reason I'm writing this is to say I have met a very young player - 8 years old and second grade. This kid has come in some of my battles and kicked rears. He is as good or better than some of the higher levels I've battled with. I'm proud to have him as a friend. I can not stand for someone to run into your battle, bring in a new enemy then flee and it isn't only the low levels that do this. That's a discourtesy I've experienced a lot and yes, it makes me angry. I also agree there should be level requirements for each world. If you are as good as the young man I spoke of earlier you won't stay a low level long. I don't mind helping anyone in any world but that's because I want to show them the respect I feel they should show others regardless of age or level. I have received as much or more disrespect from higher level players and that really burns.

Madison Titanwhisper - Legendary Pyromancer

I agree but I have to put my 2 cents in here. I had to go to drastic measures and nearly empty my friends' list and changing my settings due to very inexperienced players befriending me, then invading my home uninvited and then bursting into battles without invitation. I think this is so rude and disrespectful. What happened to manners? I would NEVER enter a battle without asking to enter. I would NEVER think of invading someones house without an invitation. It irritates me to no end to see very inexperienced players in Celestia. I'm a Level 60 and had to earn my way with every fight I fought. I flee when I have some young player enter my fight now. Let them figure it out. I'm more than happy to help a lower level person out but I won't be bullied into this. Manners go a long way!!

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
I agree, its really anoying when some people from wizard city are in Cl or DS,in a boss fight or a street, they almost always take away your traps. there needs to be a level or certain requirerment for each world, like this: To get into Krok, must have spiral key and defreated lord night shade.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
Alicelove90 wrote:
The other thing that is annoying is that, you're battling a boss and then one of your low level friends port to you. It's always very irritating. I always have that happen. I know some of you wizards buy worlds with crowns, but seriously, don't waste your crowns on places you don't even need to go to yet! My ideas are having:
Wizard City: any level (of course, everyone loves the Bazaar)
Krokotopia: level 15 and higher
Marleybone:level 25 and higher
Mooshu: level 35 and higher
Dragonspyre: level 45 and higher
Celestia: level 50 and higher

I think this is a nice arrangement :D
for the DS lvl cap, im there with the right spiral key and the badge to prove it and im lvl 41

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
Hunteray, I understand your frustration about “noobs”, but your complaint is useless. For one thing, low levels are NOT “Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level”. If they are noobs, then they are under level 50. The gear is only for level 50+. Therefore, they can’t wear the gear from cl.

Your second complaint, “messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds” is also false. Not all low levels are dummies. in fact, some low levels are smarter than grands! But, as always for anti-noob people, in your mind, a five-year-old who needs his/her mom or dad to help with every quest, and whose parent has, somehow, helped them to get to legendary, would be the perfect friend. Yes, there are high level noobs too.

Low levels don’t know what they’re doing to make you mad. But what you don’t know is that you’re probably making them sad. They feel left out. being stuck in wc while you get to go anywhere in the spiral is pretty boring. I gave up on my wizard for a while when my friend got to mb and I was stuck in the pyramid of the sun. they just want to be part of it.

In my opinion, the noobs are the ones that call others noobs. All that KI needs to do is add an option to limit porting to best friends.

?Sarah DasiyGarden, grandmaster theurgist?

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Calling people noobs from their level is mean.Even though i am a grandmaster people should not be called noobs regardless from their level.I have been helping them even though there level is 1-50 you we were low levels to.Think about it people who where called noobs are not they might had never played the game.Am I right

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
Man!!! I was trying to complete a battle i accidently got in and right when i was about to kill a crustacean pince, a freaking lvl 10 comes in and ruins everything!!! He brought in another monster and he barely got me killed! MAN I was glad he died because I didn't heal him. Let that be a lesson! DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT join a battle in celestia when you're only a level 1-10! JUST EXPLORE!!!!!

David Shadowflame Level 53 ( i think ) about to be 54.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
PiratePat wrote:
Calling people noobs from their level is mean.Even though i am a grandmaster people should not be called noobs regardless from their level.

IT depends were you are

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Ok well you should not call them noobs like before I said. But also it doesn't really matter of their level. Even when they come to cl they are just wondering about the place. So even though they anoy you just ignore it you should always start a battle with full health and have healing spells. Don't have enough traning points why not just by them back to get healing spells. Yet low level wizards don't even know that they are making you mad.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
I have seen noob with clothing that look like celestia clothing but the by it from the ladie next to zeke. I dont like when a noob come up to me and say add me i am a high lvl when they are not