Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noobs have finally done it

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
oh my gosh! im tiered of high lvls being mean and stop using the word "noob" because everybody was a curios lvl 1 "noob" once and i bet u guys have teled to a higher lvl because u r curios i mean ive teled 2 my frends that r higher lvls but i dont join any of thir battles (unless they r already in 1 when i tele) becides why would u be complaining anyway who cares if u have an extra person on ur team thare not hurting anybody i dont get why high lvls r soooooooo mad about this it probobly makes me madder than them cuz they r being so mean

Defender
May 17, 2009
mrflubber59 wrote:
hold on what if you were low on health and your only life friend was like level 20 heres how it would go
guy in cl: hey i need to be healed and fast!

20 life:sry i cant go in cl non grands were banned

guy in cl:oh great i was owned

20 life: not my fault

guy in cl:noob

20 life: if i was there you wouldent be calling me noob

guy in cl: ill do it next time noob

*23484848 trys later*
guy in cl:ugh

20 life:how did it go?

guy in cl:i got owned :(

see my point

also what would be the point in subcribing if you could not go to other worlds

I see yet again another person who is taking this post the wrong way . We don't WANT them banned in Celestia. What we WANT is for them to not join battles when they are of no use and waste our traps. They should at least stick with the person they ported to so they don't bother other people who don't want them.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
mrflubber59 wrote:
hold on what if you were low on health and your only life friend was like level 20 heres how it would go
guy in cl: hey i need to be healed and fast!

20 life:sry i cant go in cl non grands were banned

guy in cl:oh great i was owned

20 life: not my fault

guy in cl:noob

20 life: if i was there you wouldent be calling me noob

guy in cl: ill do it next time noob

*23484848 trys later*
guy in cl:ugh

20 life:how did it go?

guy in cl:i got owned :(

see my point

also what would be the point in subcribing if you could not go to other worlds

We would find a legend life instead of a noob life......

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Moribund wrote:
I am almost always game to help a low level character, but they being in high leveled areas is truly annoying. Since I do not want to turn off port, I have resorted to the practice of only friending level 45+ wizards who I have actually observed in combat. Unfortunately, other low leveled characters must suffer from the actions of their poorly behaved ilk.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 57 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 51 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 58 Ice

Every week, i do a noob cleanse from my friend list.

Historian
May 15, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Moribund wrote:
I am almost always game to help a low level character, but they being in high leveled areas is truly annoying. Since I do not want to turn off port, I have resorted to the practice of only friending level 45+ wizards who I have actually observed in combat. Unfortunately, other low leveled characters must suffer from the actions of their poorly behaved ilk.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 57 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 51 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 58 Ice

Every week, i do a noob cleanse from my friend list.

the only "noobs" in wizard101 are the whining babies who cant handle a little extra challenge
i will not mention any specific groups of past abuse of this
they rhyme with PvPers... oops lol :P

seriously, if you have issues with lower levels in celestia then just dont fight in celestia, no one is forcing you too, but everyone who have purchased the area or has a subscription has the right to be in any world they choose, not being stuck in the worlds only they have unlocked because higher levels or snobs decide they hate low levels

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Noobs is just a slang term for newbies. I've grown used to hearing that term since I have a loved one in the military. Okay, it may sound demeaning and many times its meant to be by some players.

Yes, I've been called a noob before and I have reminded other players that we all have had to start out that way.

A problem I have had, is that lower level wizards seem to expect me to drop what I may be doing to help them in all their fights. Those "friends" find themselves dropped rather quickly from my friends list. So a message to young wizards. "Please do not abuse your friendships!"

We just need to remind ourselves to use our good manners and not assume the worst in others.

As I used to remind my sons when they were small, play nice!

Cassandra Lionhunter Legendary (Myth)
Iridian Shade Grandmaster (Death)
Rowan Summerblossom Grandmaster (Life)

Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
my solution to this problem is making my noob friends into maguses so they can help me! *evil grin*
just help them out once or twice. not to much that they bug you but enough to let them level up. my true friend was a noob and he always got stuck on quests.

I took him to celestia and did a quest with him.

He leveled up five times.

Benjamin dragonpants
level 49
master of death

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
kingwilliam08 wrote:
oh my gosh! im tiered of high lvls being mean and stop using the word "noob" because everybody was a curios lvl 1 "noob" once and i bet u guys have teled to a higher lvl because u r curios i mean ive teled 2 my frends that r higher lvls but i dont join any of thir battles (unless they r already in 1 when i tele) becides why would u be complaining anyway who cares if u have an extra person on ur team thare not hurting anybody i dont get why high lvls r soooooooo mad about this it probobly makes me madder than them cuz they r being so mean

you seriously need to fix your spelling dude. :?

Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
Dizzywood55 wrote:
OMG. I FOR SOME REASON NEVER GET ANNOYED BY NOOBS :O. I let my brother come who's level 28 or 29, but I'm wondering if that counts as "annoying noob"? Also, my sister is Marleybone, level 32 also comes. Does that count? But, still, noobs in Celestia?! -_-
I'm gonna go nuts knowing that noobs are thinking "OMG, I have Celestian gear, now the grandmaster and legendaries wanna be my friend! :D " And then we get annoyed having noobs being all like "PLZ BE MY FRIEND!" I seriously wish wizard101 would have certain levels in certain worlds. AT LEAST NOT PPL LEVEL 1-10 IN MOOSHU OR HIGHER! "sigh"

Austin Flame : Grandmaster Necromancer

I recently had to put somebody on "Ignore" a button I have to date never used. I had to do this cause the last battle I helped him out with he died, he stood there asking for healing and watched me die and still asked for healing. If low levels are hated in celestia can i add those that save up pips for a really big spell that may or may not go fizz while either I am dying or everybody else is.
If you really want to know what a noob is or whether you need to be in celestia or not ask yourself this simple question....

"When you cross the road, do you need to hold somebody's hand to be able to cross the road?
No I'm not poking fun at kids, all I'm saying is if you can't kill monsters in celestia by yourself dont try and cross the road....

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
Well yeah. Noobs have finally taken over the spiral. Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level, messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds, and have just been plain annoying. I know many grands and legendarys agree with me while some people will try to fight back. Well don't beacause you are probably a low level wizard and don't know what you do to us that make us mad! Really though there SHOULD and HAVE to be a level limit. There are noobs all over showing off their celestian badges, gear, pets, etc. I am plain tired of it! They think they are awesome! One person even thinks it's unfair that us higher levels have the ability to go to celestia! He hates the moon school cause they use it in pvp and he can't! We have GAINED this. So stop saying it is "unfair" cause it is fair! Plz KI make level arrangements to worlds and gear PLZ!

I have an idea. In the tutorial Merle Ambrose will explain the idea of traps and blades and all of that. There can also yes, be a level arrangement but not in the way you think. Like level 20 they can go to cl if they port. level 10 they can go to dragonspyre or something k? Problem fixed?
that is just kinda rude they begginers you were a noob to so i wouldnt be making fun of the people

Survivor
May 09, 2009
then you should put a level for each outfit that low level people cant get and i am sure that wont happen

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Ya I know how you feel I'm a level 39 ice wizard and ib every pvp were I face lv25 or lower they flee or when I'm in mooshu a lv7. Wizard ports in ki should have it so if most wizards go to a new world as level 20 you should be at least 5 levvels under that so they might have a chance tto survive or you can only go to a world high up if a friend who is there asks you :-D. Lucas Drakethorn level 39 thuamaturge

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I for one haven't reached Celestia but all the things I hear seem true ( about the lower levels ). For one I'm the waiter i wait till i get to the world so once you get there BOOM huge amazement and I think more people should be like this. Yes I know everyone's excited but you should have some suprisement ( dont know if thats a word :P ). And yes follow rules from higher levels. I learned alot about that by the time i reached mooshu. Patience is the answer.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
kingwilliam08 wrote:
what

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
DarkLordJordan wrote:
Yes, Celestia is a challenge. And here's an example of why the people who have EARNED the right to be there get annoyed with lower level wizards: I'm a level 58 Necromancer. I had a quest to obtain 3 items from enemies in the Science Center. I had fought 11 of them and only obtained 2 items - I counted. That's how quests in Celestia tend to work. At the end of a battle, when the 2 enemies I was facing had less than 100 health and I had around 400, I was about to cast Scarecrow and end the battle. A low level wizard jumped in, bringing in another enemy. My spell killed the two initial enemies, and then the new one promptly killed me the next round. The low level couldn't heal me and was immediately killed himself, so the whole battle was for nothing. If this were an isolated incident, no big deal. But it's happening WAY too much.

I have no problem with low level wizards going to Celestia to look around and satisfy their curiosity. I don't even mind them joining battles if they practice a little common courtesy. A few tips:

1) ASK before jumping into someone else's battle. Personally, I think that's just the right thing to do whether you're a level 7 or a level 57.

2) Do your best to take care of yourself - Don't expect the other wizard(s) to heal you. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep ourselves healed in a battle.

3) Never waste another wizard's trap on a small spell! Enemies in Celestia gain pips so fast that it's a lot more difficult to build a spell with traps and blades as you can in other areas. That's why it's a lot more annoying when they're wasted.

4) Also, please pay attention to any battle advice the higher level wizards give you. I know that sounds patronizing, but I learned a great deal from watching higher level wizards when I first started out.

I will say that some of the grands in Celestia are being pretty mean to lower level wizards without even giving them a chance. I've seen a lot of namecalling outside of battle, when the lower levels were just looking around. We can't expect them to be courteous to us if we don't set the right example ourselves. Those of us who are adult players, or even older kids, need to remember that the people we're being mean to may be younger kids. Would you want someone to be needlessly rude to your child, or your little brother or sister? A little common courtesy from all of us, regardless of level, would go a long way.

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer

Please read and think upon this message which is 100% TRUE

that Grand masters are WAY too mean to lower level who are only curious of the new world.
i mean seriously
we were ALL beginners once and we all know how exciting it is for a new world to come out.
so grand master need to stop acting like such snobs and set a good example for the younger players.

Samuel Duskmancer-Level 60 Legendary Necromancer
Samuel Dragonsword- Level 60 Legendary Diviner

OK, for one, we hate wasting traps, like one time, i was in a pvp duel, and the girl person on my team said I cant boss her around, and used my trap(hex) on a SCORPIAN! its very annoying and messed me up, so i dueled her and won.(easy, right?) so this is why higher lvls like me are meaner to lower lvls, and mute people, i only have ONE mute friend, because he is nice to me, not a trap waster(he uses lord and i am ok with that), so there for, lower lvls dont listen to us and thats why we're mean to them, THEY MESS US UP!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Cinder234 wrote:
The only low lvls i appreciate in celestia are the ones who know what they are doing. :?

same

Historian
May 15, 2009
DanMaster007 wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:
DarkLordJordan wrote:
Yes, Celestia is a challenge. And here's an example of why the people who have EARNED the right to be there get annoyed with lower level wizards: I'm a level 58 Necromancer. I had a quest to obtain 3 items from enemies in the Science Center. I had fought 11 of them and only obtained 2 items - I counted. That's how quests in Celestia tend to work. At the end of a battle, when the 2 enemies I was facing had less than 100 health and I had around 400, I was about to cast Scarecrow and end the battle. A low level wizard jumped in, bringing in another enemy. My spell killed the two initial enemies, and then the new one promptly killed me the next round. The low level couldn't heal me and was immediately killed himself, so the whole battle was for nothing. If this were an isolated incident, no big deal. But it's happening WAY too much.

I have no problem with low level wizards going to Celestia to look around and satisfy their curiosity. I don't even mind them joining battles if they practice a little common courtesy. A few tips:

1) ASK before jumping into someone else's battle. Personally, I think that's just the right thing to do whether you're a level 7 or a level 57.

2) Do your best to take care of yourself - Don't expect the other wizard(s) to heal you. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep ourselves healed in a battle.

3) Never waste another wizard's trap on a small spell! Enemies in Celestia gain pips so fast that it's a lot more difficult to build a spell with traps and blades as you can in other areas. That's why it's a lot more annoying when they're wasted.

4) Also, please pay attention to any battle advice the higher level wizards give you. I know that sounds patronizing, but I learned a great deal from watching higher level wizards when I first started out.

I will say that some of the grands in Celestia are being pretty mean to lower level wizards without even giving them a chance. I've seen a lot of namecalling outside of battle, when the lower levels were just looking around. We can't expect them to be courteous to us if we don't set the right example ourselves. Those of us who are adult players, or even older kids, need to remember that the people we're being mean to may be younger kids. Would you want someone to be needlessly rude to your child, or your little brother or sister? A little common courtesy from all of us, regardless of level, would go a long way.

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer

Please read and think upon this message which is 100% TRUE

that Grand masters are WAY too mean to lower level who are only curious of the new world.
i mean seriously
we were ALL beginners once and we all know how exciting it is for a new world to come out.
so grand master need to stop acting like such snobs and set a good example for the younger players.

Samuel Duskmancer-Level 60 Legendary Necromancer
Samuel Dragonsword- Level 60 Legendary Diviner

OK, for one, we hate wasting traps, like one time, i was in a pvp duel, and the girl person on my team said I cant boss her around, and used my trap(hex) on a SCORPIAN! its very annoying and messed me up, so i dueled her and won.(easy, right?) so this is why higher lvls like me are meaner to lower lvls, and mute people, i only have ONE mute friend, because he is nice to me, not a trap waster(he uses lord and i am ok with that), so there for, lower lvls dont listen to us and thats why we're mean to them, THEY MESS US UP!

get over it dude, its just a game.
they will learn in time to listen to senior wizards and will learn that busting traps left and right with a low level spell simply won't work
its all a matter of patience

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
yariel13 wrote:
then you should put a level for each outfit that low level people cant get and i am sure that wont happen
I am kinda both ways on this. It is annoying when a noob uses DS outfits to look like a high level and tries to get attention. Heck, I saw a lvl 1 wearing DS clothes one time

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
DouDou123 wrote:
You know how many ppl like you always say that? And we will fight back! Just becuase your Grand or Legendary doesn't mean your the "King of the World" either. Its descrimination and rude. You started off as a low level wizard. You are just starting something that should've stayed sealed. According to the Gittysbhurg address, "All Men Are Created Equal". And thats NO difference i repeat NO difference in a game. It does not matter wat kind of person you are. I agree it might be annoying but your putting it in a state like your throwing a tantrum! You don't need to be harsh! This game is supposed to by Fun Excting and yes filled with Nice People. And how do you know how low levels feel like? How do you know they just want to wear a Celetia Badge for pride and not to show off? You know what? Almost all high level wizards are the same. Most of you are never nice to lower level wizards. It's wrong and mean. I just can't stand it. And any wizard with enough crownz can by a Celetia pet in the Crown Shop! THe Sea Dragon, Spiny fish! I just don't understand why high levels have to be like this. *shakes head* :? :? :?

AGAIN NOTALL HIGH LVL WIZARDS ARE MEAN for me i am nice i dont care i just dont want them to join my duel i could care less if they wore our clothes pets badges ect ok who cares its if they get you killed in combat then you should say something not just to think all low lvls are mean and want to show off they just want to be in cl and see everything i have made mistakes in the past for yelling at the so called by other wizards noobs but i now know why and i know that all high lvl wizards that are complaining about this should just stop they just want to be like us they look up to us high lvl wizards as role models so stop being mean and be nice
Chris WaterBlade Legendary Diviner

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
chimchar67 wrote:
DouDou123 wrote:
You know how many ppl like you always say that? And we will fight back! Just becuase your Grand or Legendary doesn't mean your the "King of the World" either. Its descrimination and rude. You started off as a low level wizard. You are just starting something that should've stayed sealed. According to the Gittysbhurg address, "All Men Are Created Equal". And thats NO difference i repeat NO difference in a game. It does not matter wat kind of person you are. I agree it might be annoying but your putting it in a state like your throwing a tantrum! You don't need to be harsh! This game is supposed to by Fun Excting and yes filled with Nice People. And how do you know how low levels feel like? How do you know they just want to wear a Celetia Badge for pride and not to show off? You know what? Almost all high level wizards are the same. Most of you are never nice to lower level wizards. It's wrong and mean. I just can't stand it. And any wizard with enough crownz can by a Celetia pet in the Crown Shop! THe Sea Dragon, Spiny fish! I just don't understand why high levels have to be like this. *shakes head* :? :? :?

AGAIN NOTALL HIGH LVL WIZARDS ARE MEAN for me i am nice i dont care i just dont want them to join my duel i could care less if they wore our clothes pets badges ect ok who cares its if they get you killed in combat then you should say something not just to think all low lvls are mean and want to show off they just want to be in cl and see everything i have made mistakes in the past for yelling at the so called by other wizards noobs but i now know why and i know that all high lvl wizards that are complaining about this should just stop they just want to be like us they look up to us high lvl wizards as role models so stop being mean and be nice
I am also nice to anyone, noobs, grands, etc. But its annoying that noobs jump into our battles and mess us up and get us killed and try to get all the grand stuff just to get attention. I hope KI clears them out because i am tired of defending lvl 25's from dying when all they do is stand there and cast low level spells on a prepared one shot kill.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Firefrog16 wrote:
chimchar67 wrote:
DouDou123 wrote:

I am also nice to anyone, noobs, grands, etc. But its annoying that noobs jump into our battles and mess us up and get us killed and try to get all the grand stuff just to get attention. I hope KI clears them out because i am tired of defending lvl 25's from dying when all they do is stand there and cast low level spells on a prepared one shot kill.

Thank you Finally someone who understands me

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
KI will not do anything about the invasion of lower level citizens into upper areas they haven't earned yet, why because they are the new grandmasters, they are going to be here when the now grands leave to other pursuits and games.
grands complain that the worlds are getting easier and quests shorter, who benefits, the soon to be grands that will spend more money on crown items. this is a game, but it is a business first. and KI needs to make money to bring more updates.
so bear with Ki, when you are off the game you can snicker at the grandsmasters complaining of the low levels ruining their fights and stealing their traps.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
I agree Low lvls have taken over CL, most of them come in battles bring in more monsters, and go to the base camp say out loud " CAN SOMEONE HELP ME DEFEAT THIS BOSS SO I CAN LVL UP PLZ!" it drives me crazy. I have done two wizards and i have never went ahead in the next world to lvl up or get ahead with quests and i think it is unfair that other get to do that. i think KI should ban going ahead and getting quests from the next worlds. i know that my post will get flamed but i know that there are alot of people on wizard101 that agree with me.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
"Noob" may not be the most flattering description, but we have all been noobs at one time. I voted to let anyone go anywhere they wanted. Now I am regrettful I did so. Too many times a lower level player has joined my fight without asking and wasted traps with some low level spell. Of course, being in first position I was attacked. Most of these lower levels seem to be impatient young people who are not content to stay on their own quest line. Those of us who have earned the right to be in Celestia should be annoyed when a level 20 jumps into our fight without the skill to be a true asset. If I could recast my vote I would. I wish Wizard101 would limit play of wizards to only the areas they have earned. I am an adult and have all but stopped playing in late afternoon and early evening because and the inconsiderate play of these lower level wizards. I used to have many lower level players on my friend list. When called I would gladly go and help. Now I have deleted most of them because they randomly port to me without requesting or permission. Usually their port is at the worst time.
I have started fleeing a fight when a low level player jumps in. Leaving them to their own death. Perhaps they will finally grow a brain and find they are not strong enough yet to be in Celestia.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
I think these are good porting caps...
Krokotopia: 5+
Marleybone: 10+
Mooshu: 18+
Dragonspyre: 25+
Celestia: 35+
:D