Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hey, KI, Where are the sandstone?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
I have been everywhere done every quest in the entire game. I have completed the grandmaster crafting with one character by transmuting the sunstone and sandstone. The sunstone and sandstone are supposed to be "harvested" items but there are none anywhere to harvest. This is obviously an ongoing issue that MANY of us are having. Are the sunstone and sandstone not there yet? Are these "transmute only" items? Is there a place to actually harvest these items?

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I do believe they are transmute only items. Thousands and Thousands of stone blocks.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I asked this same question during Test and never got a response either. Not sure why....

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
If they are transmute only then they should not be listed under "Harvest" correct?
Will there be an answer from KI on this?

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah, upsetting but it seems they are transmute only. Takes forever

Community Leader
So far I only believe this to be transmute only , you make sandstone from stone block.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
Go look around in Science Center, has anyone seen any reagents spawing there in the sand? I know there's a few odd stone blocks here and there on the walkways, but nothing in the sandy areas. Hmmm ... looks suspiciously (sp?) to me like something got left out! I think most of us would be happy if we just got an answer like "we had a problem with that, and we are working on fixing it. please bear with us". The silent treatment is getting annoying.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Sandstone and Sunstone can be found in Celestia Wooden and Silver Chests (same with Simplify and Elucidate).

While it is not the most impressive way of being handled, I did get 1 Sunstone from a chest while harvesting my way to 19 Golden Pearls.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Really annoying that KI doesn't repond. Meanwhile, Sandstone is a RARE drop from wooden and silver chests in Celestia - perhaps 1 in 50 or 1 in 100. I have been finding them at a rate of 1 every few days. I figure it could take me a year to complete this task. I am not a happy subscriber, and may not stick it out if KI doesn't respond.

Noah Swiftcloud, Legendary Diviner
and others

Defender
May 27, 2010
For me it only took one week for the GM artisan quest(mostly cause i take my crafting very srsly and cause i know the best spot to find reagents)
P.S. a good place to harvest is in nidavellir i find tons there and there are like 5-8 respawn places, BTW realm hopping really helps as well

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I would voice the same question, but I am sticking to transmute. I will not say where the best place is to farm reagents for fear of crowding, and I beg anyone who knows to never post that place on the message boards. Transmutation and chests aren't the ONLY way. You could also fight bosses in the Trial of the Spheres to get sandstone and sunstone.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Seriosly i am a leendary and not a greandmaster crafter because the quest in the floating land requires sunstone and transmuting stone blocks is way to hard you need like 1000 to finish the whole quest i have 290 of them and it has been way to long KI needs to make them appear in the bazzar or on the ground because they are no were else

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
Actually, I've harvested Sandstone. (Krokotopia, Pyramid of Fire, Throne Room of Fire.) Not Sunstone, but Sandstone, yes.
Bradley EmeraldThorn
StormChaser

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
warwolf716 wrote:
Seriosly i am a leendary and not a greandmaster crafter because the quest in the floating land requires sunstone and transmuting stone blocks is way to hard you need like 1000 to finish the whole quest i have 290 of them and it has been way to long KI needs to make them appear in the bazzar or on the ground because they are no were else

The best time to find Sunstone in the bazaar is weekday afternoons, after the kids are out of school but before the adults log on in mass amounts. Best I found during those times was about 16 in the hour I was farming the bazaar, of which I got the 4 I needed.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
wait, i think i remember getting these from drops in cl? I think i vaguely remember getting it from enemies right?

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
O here is the list of people who drop sunstone: Achaelos Astaeus Big Salgio Eeglis Nuncio Optio Marinos Maglump. Hope this helps :P

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
In gardening you can get them from maelstrom snaps and deadly fly traps

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
Garrett15141
O here is the list of people who drop sunstone: Achaelos Astaeus Big Salgio Eeglis Nuncio Optio Marinos Maglump. Hope this helps

chamender3
In gardening you can get them from maelstrom snaps and deadly fly traps

thank you two so, very much, i hope everyone gets theie needed sandstone and sunstone.
note to up coming wizards: collect all the stone blocks and ore you find, collect reagent you come across, you will need it as you get higher in crafting.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
I just don't get it. Why can't they make like ten new "Reagent Realms" where there is like a fifty percent better chance of finding reagents or something. That would greatly help everyone with these almost impossible Grandmaster Crafting quest. Maybe if you wanted to make it more exclusive you could make them a member's only Realms. Just please do something.

Btw I got sandstones in the Chancel in Celestia. I also think I got a sunstone there cause when I transmuted one sunstone and looked in my reagent's folder, I had two. But I can't be sure.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Sandstones are not transmute only. When farming for stone blocks to transmute sandstones, I managed to grab a sandstone actually. But it is very rare. I forgot what the other thing stone block gives when farming it, I suppose because there are two other options, it is difficult to get the sandstone that way. Transmuting is the best bet. Knights court in MarleyBone has a couple of good Stone Block locations.