Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what do people have against low levels

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
this is something that REALLY irks my chain.
why grand masters in celestia are acting so snobbishly
the fact they can't stand lower levels who are curious of this to enter a new world?
i personally have no problem with a lower level who is curious porting in
mainly because if they get killed they learn from it.

people seem to forget how it was when DRAGONSPYRE first released
lower levels were porting in everywhere because of how curious they were yea people got a annoyed by it but eventually the flow of lower levels in dragonspyre trickled a near complete stop.

yea yea yea
" but celestia isn't like dragonspyre"
i know, its an actual challenge.
but apparently the grand masters have gotten lazy as of late
and can't handle lower levels porting in, out of curiosity

its time for someone to tell the grand master to suck it up and learn to deal with it
adjust your strategy stock treasure cards in advance to prepare in case a lower level ports in
i mean seriously USE YOUR HEADS

that's all i have to say about it.....for now

Samuel duskmancer- Level 60 Legendary Necromancer
Samuel Dragonsword- Level 60 Legendary Diviner

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
the fact they can't stand lower levels who are curious of this to enter a new world?

lower levels were porting in everywhere because of how curious they were yea people got a annoyed by it but eventually the flow of lower levels in dragonspyre trickled a near complete stop.

yea yea yea

its time for someone to tell the grand master to suck it up and learn to deal with it
adjust your strategy stock treasure cards in advance to prepare in case a lower level ports in

Curiosity killed the cat and no satisfaction will ever bring him back. Yes, Celestia is a bit more challenging, but it is darn right frusterating when Noobs, or people without chat, enter a battle and have no idea what they are doing. Some Bosses, cheat, remember? Or are you forgetting. Some heal 5000 if you hit them with a wand, or put up shields if you blade or shield. So, you get the boss down to 835 health and you see the that noob at the end getting ready to wand, again, and he does not have open chat. Yeah, adjust and get use to it. If I did not know any better, I would say this is you and you are having fun messing with people.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Defender
Aug 08, 2010
It's annoying because it's a huge challenge to enter combat with two mob who start out with 2 power pips and immediately both hit you with strong spells and then a low level person joins and pulls in a third mob. They promptly die or port out and you're stuck fighting 3 mob on your own. If this was an isolated instance, it wouldn't be so bad, but it happens a LOT.

If they wanted to ask a higher level friend to take them there and then just look around, I'm sure no one would have any issues with that. The problem is that they're joining battles and then fleeing. I shouldn't have to spend my gold to use expensive treasure card in the event that low level players jump into my battles.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Gelwyn wrote:
It's annoying because it's a huge challenge to enter combat with two mob who start out with 2 power pips and immediately both hit you with strong spells and then a low level person joins and pulls in a third mob. They promptly die or port out and you're stuck fighting 3 mob on your own. If this was an isolated instance, it wouldn't be so bad, but it happens a LOT.

If they wanted to ask a higher level friend to take them there and then just look around, I'm sure no one would have any issues with that. The problem is that they're joining battles and then fleeing. I shouldn't have to spend my gold to use expensive treasure card in the event that low level players jump into my battles.

i dont know what you talking about treasures being expensive

for 1 i get tons of treasures from mob in celestia so its not that bad

and 2 does NO ONE remember the release of dragonspyre? seriously??
it was by far WORSE than what people are complaining about now
there were tens of thousands of low level players porting to Dragonspyre

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
the fact they can't stand lower levels who are curious of this to enter a new world? the problem is that they can just port insted advance to get there
mainly because if they get killed they learn from it. i have

yea yea yea
but apparently the grand masters have gotten lazy no they didn't as of late

you are right but you didn't think too because look if your in a battle and if someone joins it will add another enemy and your level 55 and your fighting a cl boss rank 10 and someone joins who is level 5 there will be two enemys rank 10
and it will get harder because the guy who joined will use your traps to use weak atttcking spells and he will get killed quickly and you will have to fight two boss and he will shout heal and then he will flee and you will be left alone
fighting two boss rank 10 and you nearly finnished a batlle but you have lost because the guy who joined made the battle twice harder and do it again
imrove me if i got something wrong

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Gelwyn wrote:

agreed and your right

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Yes, Celestia is a challenge. And here's an example of why the people who have EARNED the right to be there get annoyed with lower level wizards: I'm a level 58 Necromancer. I had a quest to obtain 3 items from enemies in the Science Center. I had fought 11 of them and only obtained 2 items - I counted. That's how quests in Celestia tend to work. At the end of a battle, when the 2 enemies I was facing had less than 100 health and I had around 400, I was about to cast Scarecrow and end the battle. A low level wizard jumped in, bringing in another enemy. My spell killed the two initial enemies, and then the new one promptly killed me the next round. The low level couldn't heal me and was immediately killed himself, so the whole battle was for nothing. If this were an isolated incident, no big deal. But it's happening WAY too much.

I have no problem with low level wizards going to Celestia to look around and satisfy their curiosity. I don't even mind them joining battles if they practice a little common courtesy. A few tips:

1) ASK before jumping into someone else's battle. Personally, I think that's just the right thing to do whether you're a level 7 or a level 57.

2) Do your best to take care of yourself - Don't expect the other wizard(s) to heal you. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep ourselves healed in a battle.

3) Never waste another wizard's trap on a small spell! Enemies in Celestia gain pips so fast that it's a lot more difficult to build a spell with traps and blades as you can in other areas. That's why it's a lot more annoying when they're wasted.

4) Also, please pay attention to any battle advice the higher level wizards give you. I know that sounds patronizing, but I learned a great deal from watching higher level wizards when I first started out.

I will say that some of the grands in Celestia are being pretty mean to lower level wizards without even giving them a chance. I've seen a lot of namecalling outside of battle, when the lower levels were just looking around. We can't expect them to be courteous to us if we don't set the right example ourselves. Those of us who are adult players, or even older kids, need to remember that the people we're being mean to may be younger kids. Would you want someone to be needlessly rude to your child, or your little brother or sister? A little common courtesy from all of us, regardless of level, would go a long way.

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I agree that noobish porting can ruin a fight for you, especially, when they port in, waste your carefully wrought traps with a 50 pt wand spell, and then flee after they drag another monster in. I also agree, that this will pass.
Everyone wants to see the new world that it took, what..., a YEAR to release? I can't blame their curiosity. It is the stupidity than rankles. I have my porting turned off, so I was vastly more annoyed by someone else;s level 17 that jumped into battle with my STORM character and asked me to heal him. When I said, "I can't heal you, I am Storm, not Life.", he fled. Another one, seriously not 10 minutes later, did the same then, then whined that my spell fizzling got him killed and said a few nasty things to me. While neither one managed to get me killed, it is a close thing, especially with the low health of storm wizards and the enemies starting with 3 power pips and a hit critical hit rate.
I enjoy helping low-leveled characters on THEIR quests. If you want me to help you do your quests so you can earn your way to Celestia, I am all for that. Sadly many just want to go there now, and 3 seconds after they friend me they say "Can you take me to Celestia?". I say no. If they are decent about that, I offer them help. If they get nasty, I remove them from my list. That's about all anyone can do until this phase passes.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Thanks for trying to speak for the "other side" but this thread will probably get hijacked by all those voices crying about how unfair it is that other people get to play the game. Boo Hoo! You want to play your way, so give others that same courtesy. Deal with the occasional problem and move on with your life. It's a free country.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
Thanks for trying to speak for the "other side" but this thread will probably get hijacked by all those voices crying about how unfair it is that other people get to play the game. Boo Hoo! You want to play your way, so give others that same courtesy. Deal with the occasional problem and move on with your life. It's a free country.

THANK YOU!
yet another misunderstood voice of reason, yea the thread probably will be hijacked eventually
but for now i have gotten mature reponses from higher levels why they don't like lower levels in celestia
not just people screaming how much they hate lower levels.

so i say Thank you to the people who have been mature enough to give calm reasonable reasons why they dislike players who CAN'T provide in a hard fight jumping in randomly then fleeing

Defender
May 30, 2009
DarkLordJordan wrote:

I will say that some of the grands in Celestia are being pretty mean to lower level wizards without even giving them a chance. I've seen a lot of namecalling outside of battle, when the lower levels were just looking around. We can't expect them to be courteous to us if we don't set the right example ourselves. Those of us who are adult players, or even older kids, need to remember that the people we're being mean to may be younger kids. Would you want someone to be needlessly rude to your child, or your little brother or sister? A little common courtesy from all of us, regardless of level, would go a long way.

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer

Nicely said, Tatiana, and I agree with you 100%.

-Jessica SkullSlinger
Legendary Necromancer

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
DarkLordJordan wrote:
Yes, Celestia is a challenge. And here's an example of why the people who have EARNED the right to be there get annoyed with lower level wizards: I'm a level 58 Necromancer. I had a quest to obtain 3 items from enemies in the Science Center. I had fought 11 of them and only obtained 2 items - I counted. That's how quests in Celestia tend to work. At the end of a battle, when the 2 enemies I was facing had less than 100 health and I had around 400, I was about to cast Scarecrow and end the battle. A low level wizard jumped in, bringing in another enemy. My spell killed the two initial enemies, and then the new one promptly killed me the next round. The low level couldn't heal me and was immediately killed himself, so the whole battle was for nothing. If this were an isolated incident, no big deal. But it's happening WAY too much.

I have no problem with low level wizards going to Celestia to look around and satisfy their curiosity. I don't even mind them joining battles if they practice a little common courtesy. A few tips:

1) ASK before jumping into someone else's battle. Personally, I think that's just the right thing to do whether you're a level 7 or a level 57.

2) Do your best to take care of yourself - Don't expect the other wizard(s) to heal you. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep ourselves healed in a battle.

3) Never waste another wizard's trap on a small spell! Enemies in Celestia gain pips so fast that it's a lot more difficult to build a spell with traps and blades as you can in other areas. That's why it's a lot more annoying when they're wasted.

4) Also, please pay attention to any battle advice the higher level wizards give you. I know that sounds patronizing, but I learned a great deal from watching higher level wizards when I first started out.

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer

I agree with everything this person wrote. We higher level players need to have a little more patience with the lower level players and try to instruct them when we have the opportunity. On the other hand, the lower level players would do well to listen to the ones instructing them, as well. We can all learn from each other to become better players.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
I had several people jump into fights with me the other day just to flee as soon as a new enemy came in. Yesterday my friend and I had 2 lower level people chasing us around and jumping into fights with us. They were putting shields on and healing each other. Then they were wasting our feints and power-ups on low level spells. I wasn't mean to them, just found a way to lose them lol. I also had a lower level on my friend list that kept porting in to my fights and barely doing anything except healing himself. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a while but eventually had to block him because he wouldn't listen to anything I was telling him. I don't have a problem with lower levels, and I'd gladly help anyone that asked me for it, but if I have to fight 10 extra battles to get what I need because they keep getting me killed, I have a problem with that.

Historian
May 15, 2009
nickkaylee wrote:
I had several people jump into fights with me the other day just to flee as soon as a new enemy came in. Yesterday my friend and I had 2 lower level people chasing us around and jumping into fights with us. They were putting shields on and healing each other. Then they were wasting our feints and power-ups on low level spells. I wasn't mean to them, just found a way to lose them lol. I also had a lower level on my friend list that kept porting in to my fights and barely doing anything except healing himself. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a while but eventually had to block him because he wouldn't listen to anything I was telling him. I don't have a problem with lower levels, and I'd gladly help anyone that asked me for it, but if I have to fight 10 extra battles to get what I need because they keep getting me killed, I have a problem with that.

the thing was you could have easily gotten away by SWITCHING REALMS!
as long as they were not on your friend list they could not port to you and it would have to be one heck of a lucky guess to jump to the same realm as you.
and its very easy to turn ports from friends off
all my friends even low level ones are ALWAYS considerate of the situation i am in and ask if they can port.
it just goes to show you need to get to know someone and see if they are a trustworthy person to not port to you without asking or to demand healing and shielding or to hold their own
don't just add any random person because they did well in a fight
you never know who they are and how they act

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
Yea your right. We all have been selfish. Sry if i was mean Agoligies.

Sloan Windthistle

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
It doesn't help to port to another realm when you find these players in every realm. They are apparently stalking players with the intent on getting high level loot to sell to get gold quickly. They might be after the xp too, although I doubt it. It's bad enough contending with grandmaster wizards that join your fight and then just sit there and shield, knowing they won't get attacked, without also having to deal with lower level wizards who generally have no hope of surviving a mob fight.

The mobs in Celestia are really bad about only attacking the first position. Especially if the other people jump on after the fight has already begun. I don't know why people are defending all of these lower level players. I would never have presumed to port to someone of a much higher level without asking first.

I even had to disable friend requests because I was literally mobbed with friend requests the moment I set foot in Wizard City by low level wizards looking for a ticket into Celestia. I'm sorry, but with a little work and dedication, everyone will get to Celestia soon enough. I think KI just needs to put a rating restriction on realms or limit lower level players to the common areas.

Explorer
Jun 21, 2009
I am not trying to be rude but if this really angers you then switch realms or farm a boss, just do something fun to pass the time. Understand that a new world underwater is very exciting to someone in wizard city or krokotopia. Eventually the activity there will die down, there I'd no need to resort to name calling or being mean to someone just because of their level. Remember that you were a "noob" once to and they are people just like you and me not trash you kick to the curb. They wanna expierence the thrill of fighting new enimies or farming bosses, and I expect espiecially from adults that you would be mature enough to treat them just like you would trat your neighbor,co-worker,family member, ect. Also if they are there it means that they biught that area or they have a subscription so they have just as much of a right to be there as you. If you can't handle that then honestly your the one who shouldn't be there. Treat them how you would wanna be treated. Just because they are "noobs" doesn't mean that they aren't any help at all. Before celestia cme out I would farm bosses in dragonspyre all the time and she was a HUGE help even though she was only lvl 17. That is all I have to say. For now. Have a great time making friends, defeating powerful enimies, and exploring the spiral!

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
those of us who are grandmaster have worked our way up to be able to enter Celestia.
and to be it seems like cheating when a low level ports in to play.. for one they are not going to be able to do the quest line and 2 they do not have the needed spells to survive a battle when they get in one.

i do not believe they understand this.
this is why i believe it would be best for shut outs on porting more than 2 levels above if you have not complete the quest line and a certain level for the city you are in.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:

yea yea yea

I am level 55 and i have many low level friends and many high level friends myself i try to find a group of people who are already fighting what i need. Its easier that way. What i do to keep people from porting in to me is turn my port off its as easy as that. I will take a lower level on a tour so they can see what its like i will even battle a few bad guys with them usaully they will get scared and say they arent ready for this world yet. there is nothing wrong with being nice and i think if more people where nice to lower levels and showed them around there would be allot less lower levels trying to port in. Because they would know what its like. But there is one thing i would like to sugest to wizard101. It would be awesome if you guys could make it to where if someone trys to port. a message pops up and say would you like this person to port and state the the level and name. this isnt the first time i have sugested this maybe they will listen this time.

Defender
May 09, 2009
ok first to get something strait its not lower levels themselfs that make us angry with them its the fact that they join a battle when its clearly to hard for them.

why does this bother us so much? simple they are not used to stacking up blades and TRAPS, so instead of using their heads they go "o look a +70 trap that anyone can get a boost from o better use it" and end up casting a low rank spell while if they had just waited one turn ONE TURN trition, collosus, helephant ect. dead. without it eh still alive and throws an attack that seriously damages your health.

treasure cards may help but we dont like using them much because we prefer to either sell them or rely on our own schools strength.

my suggestion to lower levels that want to see CL ask if the person is in a battle FIRST if their not then port and no fighting unless the place is deserted in that case go ahead but dont bring down people that are trying to LEVEL UP and COMPLETE QUESTS.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:

yea yea yea
i know, its an actual

Snobbishly? We are not! I am a legendary anyways not a grand so I am not like "snobbishly" They can be the same way.

Noob- Can you take me to cl?

Grand- sorry I am busy right now
Noob- PLZ

Grand- I told you I am busy

Noob- TAKE ME PLZ! PLZ! PLZ!

Grand- I am busy! Plz go away!!!!!!!

Noob follows grand around and keeps asking.

Grand- FINE! I WILL TAKE YOU!

Grand takes noob and noob goes away

See how annoying?!?!?!?!

Noob- CAN YOU HELP ME IN CL?

Grand- Oh MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!

Goes on and on...

James Skull Wielder legendary death

~death is the future life is the past~

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
nickkaylee wrote:

the thing was you could have easily gotten away by SWITCHING REALMS!
as long as they were not on your friend list they could not port to you and it would have to be one heck of a lucky guess to jump to the same realm as you.
and its very easy to turn ports from friends off
all my friends even low level ones are ALWAYS considerate of the situation i am in and ask if they can port.
it just goes to show you need to get to know someone and see if they are a trustworthy person to not port to you without asking or to demand healing and shielding or to hold their own
don't just add any random person because they did well in a fight
you never know who they are and how they act

You are very fortunate to have such wonderful friends and I mean that sincerely, but not all wizards are that respectful and thoughtful.

I don't think that most GM are mean to lower levels or mind them exploring. It's all the reasons that have been mention in the previous posts. Someone should not have to adjust their stratgey simply because another person is curious or wants to level up higher.

Many GM's are willing to help or allow someone to help them if asked.
To help combat some of the problems, I now only accept friends with text chat only. This way, if they port without asking, I can tell them not to do that again. I have nothing against the menu chats and understand their frustrations, but for me it's just easier to communicate with text and open chatters.

Turning port of is no longer an option for me. There have been a few times that I had to call for help and my the time I turned the port on, I was dead. Now I just leave it on.

Hopefully, one day, KI will hear our cries and do something about the problem.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
All you have to do to fix all these issues is turn off the option allowing people to join your fight not all that hard and then all those problems are fixed so why is this such a big deal?

Historian
May 15, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:

yea yea yea
i know, its an actual

Snobbishly? We are not! I am a legendary anyways not a grand so I am not like "snobbishly" They can be the same way.

Noob- Can you take me to cl?

Grand- sorry I am busy right now
Noob- PLZ

Grand- I told you I am busy

Noob- TAKE ME PLZ! PLZ! PLZ!

Grand- I am busy! Plz go away!!!!!!!

Noob follows grand around and keeps asking.

Grand- FINE! I WILL TAKE YOU!

Grand takes noob and noob goes away

See how annoying?!?!?!?!

Noob- CAN YOU HELP ME IN CL?

Grand- Oh MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!

Goes on and on...

James Skull Wielder legendary death

~death is the future life is the past~

then you need to tell them straight up that although they are very excited over the new world, that you want to explore it as much as they do, and if they really want a tour of the world they should find a friend who isn't too busy to show them around