Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

griffin mount and epic castle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
So... I'm rather curious about this new giftcard package that has been released recently, and I was wondering what my fellow wizards had to say about it. Are you pleased with the mount? How about the castle? What kind of pet did you get? Overall, is it worth the 39 bucks you paid for it? Any and/or all feedback would be appreciated. Thanks everybody! 8)

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
House- great but needs more secret passages.
Pet- cool (fierce hound which is dyeable)
Cloths- wish you could get to pick one hat/robe/shoes out of all the sets
Staff- cool
wish there were lvl 55 and 60 ones thought
And I think it should be 10,000 crowns or 2 month sub.

Defender
May 31, 2010

I bought the card this past week. I love the house , well the outside of the house. You get your very own PvP ring. Which is a very nice addition. You also get your own random mini game. I got the choo choo one , wish we could have chosen it , since it is not one I prefer to play. My friend who bought the card recieved the same cat pet that I did. and she likes her griffen mount , and I prefer to use my wings instead. The griffen is just too big and visually obstructive to me. The gear I was hoping for something nice with critical hits and blocks , but the best is level 50 crown gear. Which is ok.

So for me , I will probably just use the new PvP arena at the house , dont care for the mount or the gear. The pet , well , haven't had the time to train it yet , I know it does not come with a card either , will have to hope for a decent list of talents.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2010
viradis wrote:
So... I'm rather curious about this new giftcard package that has been released recently, and I was wondering what my fellow wizards had to say about it. Are you pleased with the mount? How about the castle? What kind of pet did you get? Overall, is it worth the 39 bucks you paid for it? Any and/or all feedback would be appreciated. Thanks everybody! 8)

I got mine last Thursday.

I love the mount, and the castle. The clothing has great cards and stats, however, I don't like how it looks on my character [female]. The weapon is great at the level I got it, 40th, it gives one card of each type of damage, which I like.

I forget the name of the pet, but it is basically a heckhound with darker coloring. I was disappointed that it does not give a card.

There is also the potion, which I think allows you to have an extra house on your account. This is my first house so I haven't used the potion yet.

You also get a month of subscription or crowns, your choice.

Overall, I think it was a good purchase, and worth the money. One thing if you go to buy it and they don't have it out ask the sales people. At my Game Stop they were keeping it behind the counter.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
I dont have it ( Yet anyway. 8) ) But all my friends do! The castle as AWESOME the Pet ( Fierce Hound (( Danger Hound)) ) is AWESOME and you can dye the pet btw. THe mount is Cool, The WAND IS SO EPIC, and the clothing is the best.I beileve it PWNS. Coming from the guy who just reached 200,000 gold, I cant by anything better.

Historian
May 15, 2009
i over all very satisfied with it
along with a free permanent exclusive griffin mount you get a castle that has its own minigame AND dueling area
you also get new epic gear that looks like war lord gear from the arena as well a really cool looking spear. as for the pet, along with its own battle talents its pretty cool
i wont spoil *exactly* what it is, but i do have to say it is pretty cool

Community Leader
Hum, I love the house :). Mount is great looking, but I dont like the look of it under the water in CL. The gear I put on my life wizard ;). Pet is death school so transfered to my death wizard.

Is it worth it? By all means If you PvP you have your own arena. If you just love housing you have you very own castle 250/250 items and the card also gives you a potion that allows that wizard to have 4 houses.

So lets try to break it down into crowns
You get 5000 crowns or 1 month sub-- 10.00
House-10 to 15k crowns--20.00
Pet- at least-5k crowns --10.00
gear-- atleast 15k crowns --20.00
Staff--5k crowns-10.00
Mount-15k--20.00
These are only my ideas of the pricing not what they would really be. So yeah in my opinion way worth it ;)

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
Well i dont have it(yet) But a bunch of my friends have it. The castle is epic Not just how MASSIVE it is but the fact that there are purposeful cliping clitches so that you can go though walls. Now all walls, but there are hiddin rooms and passageways. And you can hide it real well if ya try. One of them is a dungeon like room. With a bared dungeon gate, and eyes in the darkness. Wolf like eyes and they blink :D