Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm players have less health than polymorph

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I don't quite understand why legendary storm players tend to have around 2,200 health and the storm polymorph has 2,500 health. Storm has storm lord and leviathan but everyone knows that tempest is a stronger attack than storm lord at higher pips, and players who polymorph into storm tend to wait until they have their pips up to do so. I also wonder if other schools can make stronger storm players than even storm plays as storm if the other schools choose to use storm boosting equipment. I mean if you are balance and use your balance blades and traps before transforming into storm and then use the storm blades and traps can you then out hit pure storm players. Obviously if you wait to transform into storm until you have pips then you don't have to put up with all the dispels and the like that storm players are tagged with from the very start.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
The storm has the least health because it has the most powerful spells.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
seasnake wrote:
I don't quite understand why legendary storm players tend to have around 2,200 health and the storm polymorph has 2,500 health. Storm has storm lord and leviathan but everyone knows that tempest is a stronger attack than storm lord at higher pips, and players who polymorph into storm tend to wait until they have their pips up to do so. I also wonder if other schools can make stronger storm players than even storm plays as storm if the other schools choose to use storm boosting equipment. I mean if you are balance and use your balance blades and traps before transforming into storm and then use the storm blades and traps can you then out hit pure storm players. Obviously if you wait to transform into storm until you have pips then you don't have to put up with all the dispels and the like that storm players are tagged with from the very start.

7 pip tempest= 560 to all
storm lord = 690 AND stun to all

your point?

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
NuclearWar wrote:

your point?

were power pips removed from the game?

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

your point?

Just wondering but, have you ever heard of something called uh POWER PIPS!. Tempest can do over 1000 damage if you have at least like 12 pips. Plus the new 64% damage boost so yeah. Tempest overpower storm lord by a mile.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Mevrid wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:

your point?

No, they still exsist.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
also don't forget that with Epic gear everyone except storm pretty much has 100% power pip chance... storm has about 20% less pip chance than everyone else and on a damage per pip basis that is like having 20% less damage... yet storm players lacks health big time

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
akifoniq99 wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

your point?

Just wondering but, have you ever heard of something called uh POWER PIPS!. Tempest can do over 1000 damage if you have at least like 12 pips. Plus the new 64% damage boost so yeah. Tempest overpower storm lord by a mile.

wow, arent you the einstine!

let me break it down for you...
if you use a 14 pip tempest, it will do 1120 damage, no boosts.
if you use 2 storm lords, which is 14 pips, it will do 1380 damage to all, stun and remove one total stun shield. And guess what. The cat polymorph does not get power pips, so this post is completely useless.and lastly, seasnake tried to pull off a trick again, by saying power pip percentage is different. All the elemental schools only get 82% and that is if they wear armor without any power pip boost. Well guess what! there is power pip boost clothes for them, so nice try guys..

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
I think you guys are missing the point. The main fact a level 1 can have access to a Polymorph card, have more health and be even considered to have anything close to a Grand storm hitting power is all wrong.

Defender
May 31, 2010
I can do some pretty decent damage when polymorph into storm. Since they have removed the treasure card, I have now trained for it.

My main school is death, and second is storm. I have trained for all of storm spells that I could. I do get the base health of 2500 when I summon up Baxter. Because I have crafted gear, My storm damage is 24%, I also get a 20% bonus to accuracy, 150/31% critical hit rating, and 73/19% block rating. My pip rating can only get to around 87% . Crafted gear gets no pip bonus. Before using the polymorph , I can cast feints, elemental blades and traps I have, darkwind, windstorm , stormtrap, that can also be cast from my main deck , once I have enough pips to summon baxter, there is also a +30 he has I can use before casting the tempest. If there was time to get all of these spells cast, and the person wasn't shielded , it would get a decent hit.

This works ok when playing against the NPCs. But it doesn't work so great in PvP. This is a one hit wonder, if the person is shielded for storm and has tower. not really going to do anything , and I have to wait another 5 rounds before I can start trying to steal health again. Baxter can be easily avoided in PvP. But true , not going to cast polymorph until my death is at full health and full pips. I also have the storm lord amulet too , just in case : )

Explorer
Jun 03, 2009
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

your point?

The max amount of pips is not 7,but 14.I know how strange it sounds but 7 in power pips is 14 which means the max amount of damage is 1120 and that does more damage than storm lord.
Michael Sprite Shard lvl 53 Grandmaster Pyromancer Master Of Fire

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
NuclearWar wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

your point?

if you use 2 storm lords, which is 14 pips, it will do 1380 damage to all, stun and remove one total stun shield. And guess what. The cat polymorph does not get power pips, so this post is completely useless.and lastly, seasnake tried to pull off a trick again, by saying power pip percentage is different. All the elemental schools only get 82% and that is if they wear armor without any power pip boost. Well guess what! there is power pip boost clothes for them, so nice try guys..

if you are balance and wait till you have full power pips and blade yourself then polymorph and no elemental school gets power pip clothes just rings and athame only life death and balance get power pip clothes

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Tempest can easily beat Storm Lord. Especially considering the new levels and clothing.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
seasnake wrote:

Of course they have less health!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leviathan does over 1000 damage without any blades or traps!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Mevrid wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:

your point?

power pips are still there:D

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
akifoniq99 wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:

your point?

It's a DpP comparison, most likely.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

your point?

Umm...You do know about power pips right???they can put more damage than a regular a power PIP = 2PIPS!!!

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
seanbrian123 wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

your point?

Umm...You do know about power pips right???they can put more damage than a regular a power PIP = 2PIPS!!!

Wow... you people just cant do math. This is to all the above posts also.

1st. They removed polymorph from treasure card shop, no level 1s using it.

2. 3 power pips and a normal pip = 7 pip TOTAL... 560 damage,
3 power pips and a normal pip= storm lord. 690 damage and Stuns all.

3. All you people are thinking of it like you can use power pips for tempest only.. Guess what, you can use it for other spells also!

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
NuclearWar wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

your point?

wow, arent you rude!

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
akifoniq99 wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

your point?

wow, arent you rude!

Thanks

I wouldnt be rude if these people knew how to do first grade math.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
NuclearWar wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

your point?

um actually a balance or life or death can wait till they have full power pips use element blade transform storm blade and then tempest

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
peacehitball wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

your point?

um actually a balance or life or death can wait till they have full power pips use element blade transform storm blade and then tempest

yes, and that is the bad thing about it... legendary storm players typically don't have much if any storm resistance on them as the level 58 farmed equipment lacks same school storm defense, so with storms low health and little to no storm resistance storm can't survive well against a storm polymorph which has more health than storm does and typically more storm resistance than legendary storms have, and all a player need do is get up their pips, blade up while doing so, and polymorph ... in any case storm does not have the type of health that a storm polymorph has upon it

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
seasnake wrote:
peacehitball wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

your point?

yes, and that is the bad thing about it... legendary storm players typically don't have much if any storm resistance on them as the level 58 farmed equipment lacks same school storm defense, so with storms low health and little to no storm resistance storm can't survive well against a storm polymorph which has more health than storm does and typically more storm resistance than legendary storms have, and all a player need do is get up their pips, blade up while doing so, and polymorph ... in any case storm does not have the type of health that a storm polymorph has upon it

thus taking about 3 extra rounds gathering all the blades and traps you could use if you were a normal storm, which adds up.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:
peacehitball wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

your point?

thus taking about 3 extra rounds gathering all the blades and traps you could use if you were a normal storm, which adds up.

not at all cause storm already takes such rounds themselves when they blade up, storm also has the disadvantage of always being dispelled upon reaching those pips and those that polymorph allow less time for others to so mess them up

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
seasnake wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:
peacehitball wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

your point?

not at all cause storm already takes such rounds themselves when they blade up, storm also has the disadvantage of always being dispelled upon reaching those pips and those that polymorph allow less time for others to so mess them up

oh yes, that explains why my death wizard learned "storm blade" and "storm trap" and all the other spells to help storm wizards for free...

and you just proved my point, if someone was going to dispel a storm spell, they would have even more excess rounds to do that if you used a polymorph.