Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grouping. How does it work?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
Hi all.

i just decided to subscribe today after trying the game for a few days. I have a question however.

How does grouping work?

I know you can join others on the streets to figth the roaming mobs, but what about instances. I tried addig my wifes account as a friend and teleport to her in Unicorn Way, while she was doing 2 instance quests ( Rattlebones & Lady Blackbones) but it says "this Character is busy" or something similar

Was it because neither of us was subsribers?
Was iy because they were solo only quests?
Or was it because we did something wrong. She entered first and i teleported before the battle. Then we tried WHILE she was in battle.

When and what instances do you start being able to group?

Thanks in advance

Reeco

/edited nevermind i figured out. Thanks

Survivor
May 23, 2008
Some combat/quests, like the two you mentioned, are intended to be be completed solo. Grouping and parties are in my opinion the biggest lacking feature of this game, you will just have to get used to the 'limitations'.

Aside from staying close to your group members and jumping often to join in battles, I would suggest moving to a lower population server to reduce the chances you wont have room to join in. My family plays with 4 people, and we often change servers to get away from others that may join into our combat.

Developer
Rattlebones is a solo-only instance. As is the Golem Tower. Those are the only two I can think of, anyone know of any others?

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
on mooshu there is one quest you need to use candles but when you use one undeath come when you have the tree of them the boss come

Survivor
May 06, 2009
MoolindaWu wrote:
Rattlebones is a solo-only instance. As is the Golem Tower. Those are the only two I can think of, anyone know of any others?

there is Lady Blackhope