Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No buddy, not that one! An update

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
A long while ago I brought up a topic on minion usage and control. Now I am not asking for complete control over the minion. I get that the minion will have its ideas. I love some of the new features that have been done to some of the minions but do have some questions and wanted to bring up ideas regarding these things that can be pretty tricky to deal with:

First thing would be about directing our minions attack. Much like in my first time with this I wanted to ask about an option to allow us to guide our minion in choosing a target. In the diamond window when you see what spell the minion is casting there is a small box with the symbol indicating the target. Why not allow us to click on that symbol so we can have our minion pick another enemy in case the attack being used by the minion might not be so effective against whoever it is targeting? If I'm fighting a storm enemy and a myth enemy and my minion uses troll on the myth enemy. I want to be able to click on the symbol indicating the target to direct my troll to focus on the storm enemy instead. Could that be possible?

Here comes the new stuff:
When people enter fights while I'm working with my minion, sometimes the minion would suddenly ignore me and start casting support spells on the other players. Now that in itself isn't too much of an issue. But when the player is a balance or storm student and the cyclops is giving it MYTH blades, there lies a problem. So can we in some way direct our minions spells? This is probably the only thing I could want for minions now.
Once more thanks for the health increase for the cyclops minion! Love it.

Or if perhaps there could be something of a "Minion Manual" detailing the functions of each minions and how they work?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I would like some sort of control like choosing the target at the time of casting the minion. What the minion does after that target is gone is fine by me, just let me choose who the minion attacks at the beginning.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010