Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Minion Upgrade

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
After seeing the changes that were made to the life minion I noticed something. Even before the changes I used my life minion in almost every fight even as a Grandmaster. It wasn't perfect but it had it's uses.

The new move set for the life minion is nice as it gives the minion a much more helpful fighting style for the lower levels; however, with it's new attacking style it has become increasingly difficult to keep it alive with it's low health considering how strong the enemies in places like Celestia are.

Overall I like the changes but I think something further might be even nicer. Maybe they could change the spell to function like some of myth's minions or death where the life minion spell card would summon one of two minions, the regular minion with 4 pips or a new stronger minion for 8 pips. The new minion could look like the Satyr or the Dryad and have 700 health, (twice the current life minion) and would function similar to the current minion but with a few stronger spells to make it viable for the current end game content. Spells it could have are: Satyr, Treant, Guiding Light, Spirit Armor, Life Trap, Life Blade, and maybe Sanctuary or Regeneration. Giving it these higher spells but not the weaker ones like fairy would separate the two forms of the minion and give each a different feel based on the enemies your fighting much like the death minion.

Although this might make pvp unfair considering how basically every class has a multihit that can easily do several times 700 damage, it doesn't really make the minion too much of a threat but it could still have it's uses. On the pve side where it would be the main focus it would give life players who rely on their minion a nice helper who could be reliable and is more likely to survive against the larger hits from enemies that the Forest Sprite just poofs away from so easily.

I'm well aware that not all Life players need any extra help or care to use the minion, but unlike other classes life usually ends up having to switch between using lots of pips on heals or lots of pips on attacks and although the forest sprite makes it slightly easier to focus on one part during solo fights, the low health and weak spells combined with the new aggressive nature make it hard to rely on the life minion at all in the higher levels.

I hope reading this was too treacherous and please leave your comments and ideas whether they are for or against because I appreciate hearing all the sides.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
Bump, still hoping to hear some people's thoughts, again sorry the post was so long. =D

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
I agree with just about all of the ideas you said, but I would add that the minion needs to heal when necessary! This is its original purpose! I got down in the 700's before she healed me. I am lvl 46 so I come upon multiple enemies that are attacking me. I could easily be killed by two enemies attacking me in the same turn with health that low. I have actually taken my minion out of my deck. I use dryad pretty much exclusively now cuz I can get healing for anyone anytime there for even as low as one pip. I used to use my Life minion to keep me and my friends healed up, but not any more. All she does is attack now, oh and die!

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
I wasn't aware of changes, but it would explain what I have noticed over the past couple of days playing with my son. He has a life wizard and likes to summon his minion, which is great because it helps with the healing, but we noticed that it doesn't really heal much any more. In fact, kind of funny, he was dying and instead of healing him, it kept attacking.

Maybe there needs to be a healing minion and an attacking minion for life, instead of making a minion that scales up like myth's does.

In short, I wonder if there could be two pets for life, one for attacking mostly and one for healing mostly?

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
How about a threshhold at which the minion will automatically stop attacking and heal you or anyone else you are playing with? How about making it heal when anyone reaches half the max health?

Survivor
Oct 04, 2010
Unfortunately, many minions become obsolete in Celestia (if not before then). They almost turn into a one round cannon fodder spell. I would love to see minions (across the board) be revamped. Even a separate special backpack of equipment that is auto added to the minion would be cool. We have backpack, bank, and shared bank to dump equipment. One more hopefully wouldn't hurt. And it could be completely dedicated with only one slot for each piece of equipment. Just a thought.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
Life minion "upgrade" is terrible.

The life minion used to be one of the best minions in the game by mindlessly spamming sprites and pixies, now only the storm minion is worse.

The life minion currently does more damage than good by hitting traps and prisms with imp and leprechaun. If it is intended to fight, then it needs to have much higher health and throw out the occasional nature's wrath and seraph. (It does take four pips to cast.) Low health was an acceptable tradeoff when the minion mostly healed.

The life minion has been pulled from my deck.

If KI tracks spell usage, they must have noticed this minion is used much less after the change.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I thought it wasn't healing as much!I totally agree with you!The only thing that saved me because *cough*the minion wouldn't heal me*cough* *cough* was dryad i'd much rather it just heal it was 100x more helpful in my opinion

Ethan DarkHeart Life Magus-Soon-To-Be-Master

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
For pvp your missing a card(dispell out going life type spells)
Other than that i love what you are thinking