Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No weak wizard, but explain truth

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
My friend and I decided to try and farm Cuthalla, big mistake. While you can not use Blades, Traps, Wand hits or Heal, I stood there getting power pips as I was hit several times and my health went down. When i was ready to hit with almost half health, Cuthalla hits with Triton and I am dead.
Now, would someone that thinks this is more competitive a fight please explain to me where the competition is? I am sorry I can see NO competition in a fight like this.
The drops that Cuthalla makes many players will not be able to benefit from those drops, thus a big minus for the game and players.
I call Cuthalla the wizard to be slaughtered fight. By my own experience, Cuthalla is a waste of my time.
But My main goal here is to get some of those crying NO Competition in the game to explain to me where my competition in this fight was? My wizard was not weak, didnt have a chance to even strike.
Well maybe it was because I was the ONLY ONE BEING HIT, and my friend didnt get hit, another flaw in the game, One wizard should not have to suffer all the hits while others watch. Make it more competitive by hitting everyone at the fight. Not just hammer one till he or she is dead.
This is why players dont want others in their fights, because the opponent they will draw will end up hitting them and not the new player. Nothing like just killing two opponents and ready to leave fight and in runs someone and that new opponent begins to hammer you. Adjustments need to be made in the game, to make competition more even.There is no competition with Cuthalla, just stand there and be killed. Now those not being Hammered will call the fight a hard one, Why? because they could not use traps , sheilds wands, or Blades, but then again they were not being hammered during the fight. Mine was not a hard fight just stand there and get killed.
Maybe the game needs to go fight Cuthalla, just two players, then return and tell me where the competition is.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2009
First, if you and your friends were the only ones battling Cuthalla at the time, maybe you should have gotten more people.
Or, you could just not farm Cuthalla at all!!!
Even though you don't have a weak wizard, that doesn't mean it's going to be close to easy.
Just saying,

Mariah Spirithunter
Level 56 Theurgist

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:
My friend and I decided to try and farm Cuthalla, big mistake. While you can not use Blades, Traps, Wand hits or Heal, I stood there getting power pips as I was hit several times and my health went down. When i was ready to hit with almost half health, Cuthalla hits with Triton and I am dead.
Now, would someone that thinks this is more competitive a fight please explain to me where the competition is? I am sorry I can see NO competition in a fight like this.
The drops that Cuthalla makes many players will not be able to benefit from those drops, thus a big minus for the game and players.
I call Cuthalla the wizard to be slaughtered fight. By my own experience, Cuthalla is a waste of my time.
But My main goal here is to get some of those crying NO Competition in the game to explain to me where my competition in this fight was? My wizard was not weak, didnt have a chance to even strike.
Well maybe it was because I was the ONLY ONE BEING HIT, and my friend didnt get hit, another flaw in the game, One wizard should not have to suffer all the hits while others watch. Make it more competitive by hitting everyone at the fight. Not just hammer one till he or she is dead.
This is why players dont want others in their fights, because the opponent they will draw will end up hitting them and not the new player. Nothing like just killing two opponents and ready to leave fight and in runs someone and that new opponent begins to hammer you. Adjustments need to be made in the game, to make competition more even.There is no competition with Cuthalla, just stand there and be killed. Now those not being Hammered will call the fight a hard one, Why? because they could not use traps , sheilds wands, or Blades, but then again they were not being hammered during the fight. Mine was not a hard fight just stand there and get killed.
Maybe the game needs to go fight Cuthalla, just two players, then return and tell me where the competition is.

Honestly, what would you do? What's the major strategy most times when you're fighting multiple people? In fact, what's the strategy of a shark, both actual and metaphorically when blood is drawn from a victim? They all go for the same person! Sure, it's not exactly like that, but for the most part, it is. If I'm fighting you and your friend, just me, or maybe me and a friend of mine...if you're lower on health, oh dude, bet we're gonna gun for you the whole time unless Plan B has to be put into action. Like I said, not exactly what's happening, but what you have to look at anyway. Can't take the heat, stay away from the flame, all I'm saying. Sometimes you get ganged up on, sometimes you don't. You do it to the mob/boss, yeah? Most people look past what they're doing to the mobs, and look only to themselves. If you want to be more powerful, the mobs have to be more powerful as well. Totally not trying to sound like I'm being mean or anything, just laying it on the table for you to pick at with your fork.

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
Thing is you can heal if you have a 4 pip or higher heal like the Satyr. Also it is very possible to farm him with two players me and my friend did it with no problem.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
The computer opponents will most likely attack the person that has done the most damage to them. When you join a street battle by yourself the 2 would obviously have to go for you, but when somebody else joins and brings in another monster that monster should fight the new person that joined. If you use an attack all spell and no one else hurt anybody all the computers are most likely going to attack you.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
Cuthalla is a cheating boss and requires a different form of strategy.

Star spells work great.
You can attack the minions with wand and low level spells.
You can use Ghoul and the boss will give you a tower shield.

Some players use shields. This will make Cuthalla shield, but then you can use a DoT (damage over time) spell to take out the shields. I prefer not to use shields, but this method works for many people.

I tend to use a deck kept especially for Cuthalla. Only spells I can use in the fight and methods to heal if I'm going in solo. I have a pet that heals me when it's awake, I use Link (fire spell that heals), and I use ghoul for the shield. I also have gear that blocks critical attacks (somewhat).

You just have to try a few different strategies and find one that works for you. Going in with a full team certainly helps, especially if you have death or life wizards in the mix who can heal you. Personally, I think every wizard should plan a means of healing themselves as well. Perseverance is the key. :)