Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Polymorph PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
kiania wrote:

THANK YOU!

for goodness sake. the morphs are helping us survive CL. they took away the 2 power pip wands. now the bosses hit us with a storm lord on the 2nd round of battle. we still start out with only 2 power pips if we are lucky. they start out with 6 effective pips.

Kiania this is a thread about polymorph in PVP. Please read before you make a totally irrelevant comment. And as most of us have said, polymorphs exist in Celestia which is only for players of level 50 or higher. We are petitioning to keep it that way. What that means kiania, if I may break it down for you, is polymorphs should only be available to characters level 50 or higher so low levels don't bring it back into PVP (there's that word again). If you are questing in Celestia under level 50 then you should not be surviving since you shouldn't be there in the first place. Thanks for wasting your time here

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
rrdx wrote:
Its just way too unfair, as a lvl 5, vs people who hit for 1600+ on the third turn is ok every now and then.

Its ok to face some unfair players that can have an advantage every now and then but to repeditively fight polymorphers all the way back down to a corporal rating? No, Wizard 101, this can't last any longer or my membership will be withdrawn. Level cap the polymorph and keep wizard101 fun. I know PVP isn't the largest part of the Wizard101 experience but yet the people who DO partake in the activity are in an uproar. If you fight the same person and they repeditvely polymorph, how can you ever expect to regain your knight or veteran ranking even? I have to say, this was a big change to pvp. It makes it to where the only fair fight is among grandmasters and above now. Sure I can go get a polymorph card and join in the fight of POLYMORPHERS. But why would I? If a person just bought a subscription to Wizard101, they surely couldn't afford to buy a treasure card for every pvp fight.

I have seen many things in Wizard101 and I've been glad to be a part of the experience with my children and my family. We will be withdrawing our membership after this one runs out because I KNOW this was foreseen throughout beta testing and its not just an occasional advantage anymore. Polymorph treasure cards are only used by low lvl pvp. I haven't seen many treasure cards making their way to even accounts for master wizards.

Polymorph should also deal boosted damage to the school of Balance. Because its obvious Polymorph is the Anti-Balance. There is nothing balanced about a polymorphed Rank 1 fight. Not even a rank 2 can have enough cards to kill a Gobbler polymorph when the polymorpher doesn't heal or fight. You are looking at 25+ rank 2 spells to kill a Max HP polymorpher. Lunar is awesome, yes. I love playing with Polymorph on my Grandmaster. It makes the game fun, as a Grandmaster.

Level 5?? Knight or Veteran?? Ok this makes me wander or should I say makes me question why are you complaining about polymorph TREASURE CARDS when its quite obvious that as a level 5 knight or veteran you would have had to use TREASURE CARDS to get that ranking in the first place. There is no difference a TREASURE CARD is a TREASURE CARD! Getting upset because other people out cheat you is childish!

Now if you want to ban the use of treasure cards in arena period that makes sense and make it so level 5 10 15 face up to their own levels not level 5 against 50!

Survivor
May 10, 2009
There is a simple solution to all the rants and complaints about polymorphs and other cards in the arena..... Remove treasure cards from arena play or at least from ranked play. That would force players to use cards they trained for in the arena and nothing else. It would give much needed diversity in the decks being used and make it so that people wont be able to deal with "polymorphers" and anyone else who focuses on treasure cards to win.

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
Level 5?? Knight or Veteran?? Ok this makes me wander or should I say makes me question why are you complaining about polymorph TREASURE CARDS when its quite obvious that as a level 5 knight or veteran you would have had to use TREASURE CARDS to get that ranking in the first place. There is no difference a TREASURE CARD is a TREASURE CARD! Getting upset because other people out cheat you is childish!

Now if you want to ban the use of treasure cards in arena period that makes sense and make it so level 5 10 15 face up to their own levels not level 5 against 50!

It is not difficult to get a level 5 to those ranks at all. I have a level 5 Fire Warlord just by doing 1v1, no treasures (well i make treasures of my own cards). Low levels are the easiest way to rank up.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
ive posted twice i guess im too harsh. this game used to be fun and challenging. I now find it absolutely ridiculous! A pet that heals constantly,every turn sometimes three wth, uses no pips! I mean you finally give life a multi attack..finally, it was mad fun fighting through whole game attacking one dude at a time. Um whoever is at the top making decisions should realise what they have done with the pets, and criticals you gave away the only advantage life has in game. You also make the life critical percent less than other schools. On another note, as the game stands now he who criticals first wins. i whose every breath was for dueling no longer want to i find it incredibly cheesy. there is no skill whatsoever involved anymore. And myth, fire, ice , death all are able to status effect on a critical hit. life to be blunt is a waste of time now. i can heal but everyone else can too for free. i could use stun block, if it did anything! Also if you are fighting a low level dude (geared at those complaining about low players polymorphing) they should have evry right to open a can on you for trying to bully them! i would recommend taking out bartleby and giving us a high damage over time spell for life we have no advantage anymore with healing so id remove one of healing cards give us a cool attack. one life sheild or dispell game over. ecspeciaaly since everyone can diadem too. should be rewarding those that heal rather than destroy.

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
lol i got my lvl five myth to warlord easy using morph yeah i know that doesnt seem fair, but hey, i have to get the gold and by getting it, i need to farm for a few hours, spending my MONEY on the subscription. look we spend money to get these cards unless some grandmaster gives it to the lower levels which is very rare. now that morph is banned i use my pet i have to continue and rank up. its all in strategy, and if you do get beaten when using morph, say GG because it requires skill to win, you just spam yourself with shields and then kill the turn they come back to normal when morph wears off.
I used bandit morph, very good in any pvp, grand or not! (my grandmasters have the card in their decks as permanent.)

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Thank goodness! I though I was alone on this! PvP? Out of control. It seems almost like KI doesn't even care that it's almost impossible for anyone not in Celestia or whose parents aren't willing to just throw money at them to win a PvP match. And without even mentioning to people that "Hey, there are new higher spells and treasure cards in the new world. So PvPing against anyone in Celestia is worthless! Have a nice day!"
I mean come one KI. I hadn't gone to the arena in a while cause I'd been busy with quests but then I get there(I am a level 49, 48 at the time) and get put against a level 52. At first I was like 'Oh, okay, this isn't so bad. I've fought higher levels before!'. But then when the guy starts drawing stars with his wand I'm just like what? And then when he suddenly turns into a giant cat thug that I'd seen from MB I'm just standing there kinda dumbfounded. Then the next thing I know he's healing himself about twenty times, hitting me with things constantly even though it should be eating his pips, and stunning me where I can't do anything at all! All of the sudden I'm standing back in the lobby trying to figure out what happened.
So I just told myself that it was because he was in Celestia so I decided to go back and try it on practice and just make sure I was against someone lower or on the same level as me. Now this time I'm in a battle with a level 44. A couple of rounds pass and.......... he turns into a gobbler and I'm stuck standing there watching myself dying trying to figure out what happened thinking to myself 'What?! I was a level 44! How did I miss this new update?'
And yet again another loss. Since then I haven't been able to win a single battle, even when I go on 4v4. Then recently I was in a battle with some weird dog this girl had that would constantly heal her without costing any pips? And something that was skipping my whole teams turns?
Granted I still have utterly no idea what polymorphs are, but whatever they are they need to be out of PvP.
While I'm on the rant train I might as well go ahead and mention that I think it's unfair when crown items can be used in battle. It's pretty much like saying 'Hey, if you have enough money and are willing to poor cash into buying these items or this gold then you can win against people much higher then you! If you have money you can skip the hard work other people have done!'.
Something. Has. To. Be. Changed.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
Im in the middle of a ranked pvp right now and then he uses a polymorph. Yay 5,000 hp! Get rid of this in the PvP world! Now! This is honestly unbelievably unfair. Im so frustrated.