Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Polymorph PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
Its just way too unfair, as a lvl 5, vs people who hit for 1600+ on the third turn is ok every now and then.

Its ok to face some unfair players that can have an advantage every now and then but to repeditively fight polymorphers all the way back down to a corporal rating? No, Wizard 101, this can't last any longer or my membership will be withdrawn. Level cap the polymorph and keep wizard101 fun. I know PVP isn't the largest part of the Wizard101 experience but yet the people who DO partake in the activity are in an uproar. If you fight the same person and they repeditvely polymorph, how can you ever expect to regain your knight or veteran ranking even? I have to say, this was a big change to pvp. It makes it to where the only fair fight is among grandmasters and above now. Sure I can go get a polymorph card and join in the fight of POLYMORPHERS. But why would I? If a person just bought a subscription to Wizard101, they surely couldn't afford to buy a treasure card for every pvp fight.

I have seen many things in Wizard101 and I've been glad to be a part of the experience with my children and my family. We will be withdrawing our membership after this one runs out because I KNOW this was foreseen throughout beta testing and its not just an occasional advantage anymore. Polymorph treasure cards are only used by low lvl pvp. I haven't seen many treasure cards making their way to even accounts for master wizards.

Polymorph should also deal boosted damage to the school of Balance. Because its obvious Polymorph is the Anti-Balance. There is nothing balanced about a polymorphed Rank 1 fight. Not even a rank 2 can have enough cards to kill a Gobbler polymorph when the polymorpher doesn't heal or fight. You are looking at 25+ rank 2 spells to kill a Max HP polymorpher. Lunar is awesome, yes. I love playing with Polymorph on my Grandmaster. It makes the game fun, as a Grandmaster.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Dangit. i thought someone would start a polmorph rant. is it really that bad it only lasts for a little bit and the user is likey to lose all his pips in the process. and some are useless in pvp like the gobbler. it is mosty for pve with all its taunting. anyway maybe they should just ban it form pvp so they wont have to deal with any rants.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Eventhough I think you are right that polymorph cards should have a level restriction on them and should not be allowed to be transfered from one character to another through player banks, I seriously have to question why you would be so upset playing a level five character in pvp when you have a grandmaster at your disposal. You complain about losing rank, rank on your level 5, well I'm sorry to say that if it were up to me low level players such as level 5 wouldn't be allowed to advance on the ranking system. If it were up to me a player could only rank up one rank per ten character levels they achieve and then only if they could get enough pvp rank points to have such a title.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
I totally agree and I have no clue what Kingsisle was thinking when they put easily bought polymorph no level treasure cards in the game. I like to fight on my level 11 wizard. I fought about 10 duels last night and 8 of them used polymorph and it was ridiculous. First I get paired up with a level 22 fire wizard who is twice my level and then he uses polymorph. If you notice they always use the storm because 4 pips will kill anything under 1500 health with the near automatic critical hit. We had to deal with chain stuns then treasure bolts and now this. Polymorph is 10 times worse than treasure bolts. Seriously KI please think before you put these cards in the game or do you just not care about pvp anymore.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010

I agree that polymorphing cards should be level capped so they can't be used in low level PvP.

I am aware that there are strategies to survive an opponent that polymorphs once during a PvP match, Unfortunately, one of the imbalances that polymorph treasure cards bring to low level PvP is that irregardless of the level of the person using them, these cards can hit criticals. Critical hits can kill low level PvPers in one hit, shielded or not and no strategy can stop that.

Polymorph cards can be spammed during a match. The only real strategy to counter an opponent that continuously spams polymorph treasure cards is to spam them back. Then the person who either doesn't get a critical or who runs out of cards first loses the match.

When you cast a polymorph you don't use your own cards for 6 rounds, effectively, you now have a bigger deck. In low level PvP the decks are small and even with reshuffle treasure cards (which get used up) it's possible to run out of cards against someone who spams polymorph cards.

The cards are easily available to buy in the bazaar. Players with friends who have reached Celestia can port to them and buy the cards in the library there. Players can trade cards from their high level wizards to their low level wizards. Or put items in their shared bank to sell for gold to buy the cards.

Polymorph cards are easy to obtain for use in low level PvP but promote a play style that contains no skill or timing, and consequently is no fun.

The cards bring high health, high attacks, critical hits and give an unfair advantage in low level PvP. I don't have fun either winning or losing with an unfair advantage. I play games for fun and when a game is no longer fun I simply stop playing it.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Cosway wrote:

I agree that polymorphing cards should be level capped so they can't be used in low level PvP.

I am aware that there are strategies to survive an opponent that polymorphs once during a PvP match, Unfortunately, one of the imbalances that polymorph treasure cards bring to low level PvP is that irregardless of the level of the person using them, these cards can hit criticals. Critical hits can kill low level PvPers in one hit, shielded or not and no strategy can stop that.

Polymorph cards can be spammed during a match. The only real strategy to counter an opponent that continuously spams polymorph treasure cards is to spam them back. Then the person who either doesn't get a critical or who runs out of cards first loses the match.

When you cast a polymorph you don't use your own cards for 6 rounds, effectively, you now have a bigger deck. In low level PvP the decks are small and even with reshuffle treasure cards (which get used up) it's possible to run out of cards against someone who spams polymorph cards.

The cards are easily available to buy in the bazaar. Players with friends who have reached Celestia can port to them and buy the cards in the library there. Players can trade cards from their high level wizards to their low level wizards. Or put items in their shared bank to sell for gold to buy the cards.

Polymorph cards are easy to obtain for use in low level PvP but promote a play style that contains no skill or timing, and consequently is no fun.

The cards bring high health, high attacks, critical hits and give an unfair advantage in low level PvP. I don't have fun either winning or losing with an unfair advantage. I play games for fun and when a game is no longer fun I simply stop playing it.

why are you people still complaining about stuff in PvP
if there was a level cap i would get right upset because i have several polymorphs on my storm grand
the whole point is to use it to your advantage
if you cant take people using polymorphs, then just dont play in the arena
its not mandetory

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Thechaosmagician, I see you like to quote and comment on what others write without reading anything they actually said. The level cap that you are complaining about is meant so low level players can't use high level cards in the arena for unfair advantages, and not to disallow polymorph cards to be used by high level characters as you wrongly turned around in your head.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
Before Celestia came out I really enjoyed low level PvP. I liked the challenge of being limited to very small deck and range of spells, and whilst I believe the matching system is unfair, it's especially fun to defeat players more than twice as high in level as me through good strategy.

Polymorph treasure cards are the new enchanted wild bolts. As Cosway said, I can simply nip to the Archivist and buy a load to transfer to my low level for cheap wins. Gold is no problem, nothing an hour or two farming in DS won't fix. I'd rather play something else with more balanced PvP.

As for high level PvP, it is unfair to be matched with players with Celestial gear and spells. Random blocks and criticals have replaced skill. I've seen this happen in other MMOs and gamers just don't like it. It's a cheap way for developers to make battles more "fun" and "dynamic".

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Hmmm.......... Maybe a level restriction could work. I think level restrictions on ALL treasure cards to would be good.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
minxymoo wrote:
Before Celestia came out I really enjoyed low level PvP. I liked the challenge of being limited to very small deck and range of spells, and whilst I believe the matching system is unfair, it's especially fun to defeat players more than twice as high in level as me through good strategy.

Polymorph treasure cards are the new enchanted wild bolts. As Cosway said, I can simply nip to the Archivist and buy a load to transfer to my low level for cheap wins. Gold is no problem, nothing an hour or two farming in DS won't fix. I'd rather play something else with more balanced PvP.

As for high level PvP, it is unfair to be matched with players with Celestial gear and spells. Random blocks and criticals have replaced skill. I've seen this happen in other MMOs and gamers just don't like it. It's a cheap way for developers to make battles more "fun" and "dynamic".

I agree with you, I'd rather play something else than put up with the imbalanced play of PvP, and it seems that they don't care to put time into fixing the system or how PvP plays. Ridding all treasure cards would go a long ways in helping PvP, but the problem of dispels and beguile and who goes first would have to be handled before I viewed PvP as anything playable.

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
If you are that unhappy with it why are you pvping at low lvls i ask?

No matter what you have to know you are at a huge disadvantage pvp'ing at low lvls when the matching system is in it's current state.

There is always the rather big chance you'll be paired against a GM+ and anyone GM+ should be able to beat low lvl players with ease.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
The polymorphs are only available to level 50 and up, so it is level capped. I haven't seen any polymorphs in the arena so far.

Caroline Sunbright
Level 51 Life

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
I agree. There should be a level restriction on these treasure cards. Most low level wizards will be at a total disadvantage especially against the Cat Polymorph...which is storm with high critical chance. The crit chance is what really causes the problems. You remove that, then we could manage. We know that won't happen.

The best defense for this is not polymorph yourself, but spend a training point in the 90% stun/block chance which you can get at a low rank. That will give you a fighting chance. Hopefully KI will fix this.

There are so many view-points on this matter. Can we get KI to comment on this??

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
I totally agree. I love the PVP battles at the Magus level, and I have built my characters for certain levels in PVP.

The Polymorph concept for low levels is insane. Someone who is level 1 straight out of Merle's office, can get the Storm Polymorph and defeat a level 10-20 with commander gear?

How is this even allowed. I have embraced the game (for PVP only) and now I am heavily considering not renewing my sub unless some balance comes back to PVP. Come on KI, keep the strategy involved in PVP, and not making it the treasure card olympics! :?

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
Actually, I have spoken to about 40 other PVP'ers and they have all shown interest in moving away from Wizard101 unless some changes are made.

Come on KI, we want to continue supporting Wizard101, just make it fair please!

Survivor
May 11, 2010
It seems to be as though Polymorphs should be restricted to above lvl 50. It's definitely frustrating when some level five comes in and simply polymorphs into the bandit cat leaving his competitor without a fighting chance.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
i totally agree. not long before celestia came out i made a death wizard and got him to lvl 16 AND managed to get him to (i think sergent or whatever's after that, i had 32 wins and 0 losses though) . just then when i got my feint and my styr (and i'm thinking wow now i really gonna be invinsable) and the next thing i hear, celestia's coming out the next day. i go on my grandmaster balance to check it out, but as usual, about a week later, i get bored of the storyline quests so i go back to pvping with my death. the next thing i know my 32 wins in a row is topped with a 47 losses all thx to polymorphs

Survivor
Nov 03, 2010
Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
Yeah that was the one fight i lost that was not because of too many fizzles. I dropped from Sergeant all the way back to private. Now i cannot climb back up. Read my post called Fizzles Rock

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Yeah, I really think polymorphs and criticals shouldn't be allowed in pvp. This ruins it more then an 8v4 would

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
i have to agree polymorph is down right stupid. i fought a polymorphing storm GM last night he always morphed in to gobbler. it was so annoying every time i got my shields up he would morph in to gobbler just to steal my shields. when i poped spirit armor and tower shield he would morph in to gobbler and take them away.and than i figured out gobblers weakness.
being a life wizard with my deck built the way it is i was able to beat him
how ever. i dont think any other class will have a chance when fighting gobbler only because they dont have the heals needed to survive. and to me thats just not fair so far only a life wizard with my deck build can beat polymoprh gobbler based on my experiance with a gobbler grand in arena

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Hmmm.......... Maybe a level restriction could work. I think level restrictions on ALL treasure cards to would be good.

I think it would be easier just to ban them

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
THIS ISN'T FAIR!
I go in pvp and quick join a ranked match, and there's this level 1 and level 16 dude, and I think, "this may be easy". I just before I use sunbird on this dude he uses polymorph, and there's this bandit cat dude looking at me and I freak out. This isn't fair. I am level 17 and I don't know how a level 1 got that. I'm mad!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
If anybody from KI is reading this thread, please give us a sign so we know you at least are AWARE of our complaints. Today I checked the Ravenwood News area and saw updates dated 11/8/2010. I was very excited because here I was being foolish thinking "wow i bet they finally fixed the polymorph issue", only to find out they fixed everything BUT that. Its very simple KI, Polymorph cards exist in a level 50+ place, thus, they should only be usable by level 50+ characters. I have no problem if you want to bandit cat at level 50, but if you are morphing at level 1 and gaining 2200 hp....where is the justice? I never thought I would need gold to test my deck configuration in pvp. Its bad enough I already pay crowns and subscription fees for this craziness. Making pvp free might even be a better solution.....someone at KI PLEASE GIVE US A SIGN!! Pretty please?

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
jjkl wrote:
Dangit. i thought someone would start a polmorph rant. is it really that bad it only lasts for a little bit and the user is likey to lose all his pips in the process. and some are useless in pvp like the gobbler. it is mosty for pve with all its taunting. anyway maybe they should just ban it form pvp so they wont have to deal with any rants.

THANK YOU!

for goodness sake. the morphs are helping us survive CL. they took away the 2 power pip wands. now the bosses hit us with a storm lord on the 2nd round of battle. we still start out with only 2 power pips if we are lucky. they start out with 6 effective pips.