Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

All the bugs so far

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Grendel urchins are laying down again, girls make the guys damage sound, the battle music for Celestia has been replaces withd dragonspyre's.

More to come.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
Here's a major one I reported. They said (and I quote) "You will be able to place reagents in your shared bank. They will not take up space, but they are limited to 999 of each reagent." Well, I've proven that to be incorrect or a bald faced lie. Every reagent I put in (whether 1 or 300) took up exactly 1 spot in my shared bank each and every time. So they need to fix it, or change their statement.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
i died in the district of stars and was still alive after i died and my teammate finished the battle.

One mob used myth imp on me and it took the dispel in the middle of the satyr.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Orca wrote:
i died in the district of stars and was still alive after i died and my teammate finished the battle.

One mob used myth imp on me and it took the dispel in the middle of the satyr.

Were you a polymorph creature when you died, like the mander? if so, then if you die but your teammates kill the enemy, then you'll still be alive, because I believe the game still registers your normal health after you die with teammates and not just the health of the polymorph.

As for myth imp, the dispels have never worked. the life or death spell will activate, then after the entering animation, the dispel will activate, but wont actually prevent the spell from working. Normal dispels activate before the spell is cast, so that's a way to tell the difference between a normal dispel and a myth imp dispel.

Hope I helped.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
My pet's "leaves"/"hair" looks like an afro from the seventies. I reported this bug during test and hoped it would be changed. All my drivers are up to date. I changed the graphics to lower settings, etc... Nothing has helped. Even others in the game sees my treant pet as something from an otherwordly disco.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life (almost level 51)

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
Ice Guardian, an ice minion you get at lvl 28 as a Thaumaturge.
Whenever Ice Guardian casts "Ice cat", the spell summons an ice cat but it doesn't attack and it doesn't do damage.
The spell even consumes existing traps and blades on the monsters but no damage is dealt.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Some of the animations are off.

Some of the draconians that used to not have swords, have swords floating when they're attack animations do not use them.

the treant's basic attack where they teleport to the center and then throw a rock at you is off too. the rock runs through the animation, but, the treant was not actually holding the rock.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Xenomon wrote:
Ice Guardian, an ice minion you get at lvl 28 as a Thaumaturge.
Whenever Ice Guardian casts "Ice cat", the spell summons an ice cat but it doesn't attack and it doesn't do damage.
The spell even consumes existing traps and blades on the monsters but no damage is dealt.

that happened to me to.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
This concerns 2 ice spells that probably are bugged, but i can be mistaken.

1. Freeze

This is an Ice spell you acquire from Merle Ambrose after completing the tutorial quest, it stuns the enemy for 1 round.
Whenever i cast the spell, the enemy is stunned, but the spell also cast 4 shields on the enemy.
I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen, and what those shield actually do.

2. Steal Ward

This is an ice spell you acquire after completing Krokosphinx, it steals 1 positive ward from the enemy who casts it.
It doesn't work for me, i cast it on an enemy, and when the enemy cast a positive ward, the steal spell doesn't execute, meaning nothing gets stealed.
I tried to cast it on enemies who cast a ward and on enemies who receive a ward. Nothing seem to happen.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
Phoenix

when you cast phoenix, it flap its wings once then freeze for about a second,then the animation is the same and attack is the same. it is fine but why does it freeze during the animation?

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
I've found a realy bad bug i've had a handfull of times when the game does not try my spell it just skip's me!This should be fixed immediately,there's no reason to play Wizard101 if it's going to skip me!And another one is my 'Ring of Apothesses'quest it tells me to talk to someone in DragonSpyre but I haven't finished it.What's going on?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
there is a bug with the massive fantasy palace the wizard101 graphic client crashes if you stay they're for a while it happen to everyone who is in the castle

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
dragon1076 wrote:
I've found a realy bad bug i've had a handfull of times when the game does not try my spell it just skip's me!This should be fixed immediately,there's no reason to play Wizard101 if it's going to skip me!

Are you targeting an enemy that gets defeated or do you have a bad connection like me where you find yourself getting skipped even if you told it what spell to use?

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
chad755 wrote:
there is a bug with the massive fantasy palace the wizard101 graphic client crashes if you stay they're for a while it happen to everyone who is in the castle
I know, this happens to me also, a little screen pops up then wizard101 shuts down.

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
Xenomon wrote:

1. Freeze

This is an Ice spell you acquire from Merle Ambrose after completing the tutorial quest, it stuns the enemy for 1 round.
Whenever i cast the spell, the enemy is stunned, but the spell also cast 4 shields on the enemy.

2. Steal Ward

This is an ice spell you acquire after completing Krokosphinx, it steals 1 positive ward from the enemy who casts it.
It doesn't work for me, i cast it on an enemy, and when the enemy cast a positive ward, the steal spell doesn't execute, meaning nothing gets stealed.
I tried to cast it on enemies who cast a ward and on enemies who receive a ward. Nothing seem to happen.

they have to already have the ward up. if they don't then you are casting a useless spell. say they have one blade and you cast steal it should take the blade that they have. if they have no blade then there is nothing to steal. hope that helps

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I have a bug with my Zombie pet. Ever since the release of Celestia, it swims. No matter where I am. Even in Wizard City, or while doing the dance game in the Pet Pavillion, he is swimming. The only time he stands is to clean his shovel, at which time, he pops up to the height of my characters head, cleans the shovel, then drops back down and resumes treading imaginary water. I thought maybe it was just my graphics, but I asked another played and they said he was swimming too.

Hero
May 02, 2009
BrooklynOrcbane wrote:
Xenomon wrote:

1. Freeze

2. Steal Ward

they have to already have the ward up. if they don't then you are casting a useless spell. say they have one blade and you cast steal it should take the blade that they have. if they have no blade then there is nothing to steal. hope that helps

brooklynOrcbane, I think you may have it confused with steal charm, which steals 1 positive charm (blade).

Xenoman, What steal ward does is it steals 1 positive ward (shield). If they dont have a shield up, then you are just wasting 2 pips & mana by casting it.

Those 4 shields that go on the enemy after a stun are called stun blocks/shields, and what they do is absorb the next stun on you. This was done to prevent chain stunning in the arena, and since enemies in Celestia can use stun spells now as well, they also help in pve (player vs. environment).

Hope I helped.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Um the animation for pets (at least the helephant one) is off when it casts. The pet starts to dance then you here noises and when the pet finishes dancing the helephant is already popping out.

And on a side note it seems to fizzle to much.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
ok i went to my house to put some items down and i couldnt because the little place item button wasnt lit up and i tried waiting to see if it was just my items not loaded and its just staying grey and i cant pick up or put down any items!! help please! i tried logging out and going back in and i tried logging on as a different wizard and its still grey!! :(

XmErLiNmAsTeRX wrote:
ok i went to my house to put some items down and i couldnt because the little place item button wasnt lit up and i tried waiting to see if it was just my items not loaded and its just staying grey and i cant pick up or put down any items!! help please! i tried logging out and going back in and i tried logging on as a different wizard and its still grey!! :(

This is covered in the Known Bugs and is not a bug. If you haven't finished downloading, you housing button may appear grey, which means you will have to wait until everything in your house has downloaded before you can start redecorating.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
shabubby1 wrote:
also heavy dining table can not be placed in home :?

This should already be fixed, if it is not as of today, please use the Help & Support section to submit the bug.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
natenkate wrote:
I have a bug with my Zombie pet. Ever since the release of Celestia, it swims. No matter where I am. Even in Wizard City, or while doing the dance game in the Pet Pavillion, he is swimming. The only time he stands is to clean his shovel, at which time, he pops up to the height of my characters head, cleans the shovel, then drops back down and resumes treading imaginary water. I thought maybe it was just my graphics, but I asked another played and they said he was swimming too.

Odd, we'll look in to this, thanks.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
BrooklynOrcbane wrote:
Xenomon wrote:

1. Freeze

2. Steal Ward

Steal Ward is to steal ONLY shields. Ice is the only school that can take shields. Fire, On the other hand, takes blades. So the steal ward should actually be used on enemies that have shields on. You cannot take blades, only shields if your ice. If your Fire (like me) then you can take blades away from enemies and use them for your own evil scheme.

Hope I helped.

~Mark Rubythief~
Level 53 Pyromancer