Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
some bosses have their onw drops they can gives cloth and shoes alll that but some they gives pets is sometimes hard to get it because you can get it first time or the tenth time you tryis depends on how lucky you are

Survivor
Sep 15, 2008
Defender
Aug 20, 2008
Each world has a pet shop where you can buy some common pets for gold.

Some bosses also drop rare pets. These are random. Typically, you have to fight the boss many times before you get a pet. By "many", I mean upwards of 30-100 times. It's not an undertaking for the faint of heart.

On the plus side, if you have the stamina, you'll get lots of loot that you can sell for gold, and if you pick the right bosses you'll probably also end up with special items like staves and amulets that you can't normally buy. The bosses also drop clothing items with some of the best stats in the game (if you're at the appropriate level - A level 20 wizard fighting General Akilles won't get much that's useful from him). They're also good for XP.

It's all a matter of luck. I have a myth wizard who fought General Akilles until he was blue in the face and he never got a Boo Didley blue ghost from him. I was working up an ice wizard, who fought General Akilles several times in order to make a list of his loot table. That ice wizard got two Boo Didley's in about 25 battles, and they were separated by only two battles. (So, it went clothes, clothes, ghost pet, clothes, clothes, ghost pet, clothes...)

In other words, it's mostly a matter of luck and perseverance. If you don't have the stamina for battling the same boss over and over and over and over (and it does get boring in short order) then stick to the pets you can buy at the pet shop and watch for pets you can buy with crowns, like the black cat pet that Spooky Bob had for sale at Halloween.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
I am trying to find Lightning Bats for a pet. Are they droped by killing a boss or can they be bought at a pet shop? If they are dropped from killing a boss, which boss?

Survivor
Sep 09, 2008
ynnek234 wrote:
I am trying to find Lightning Bats for a pet. Are they droped by killing a boss or can they be bought at a pet shop? If they are dropped from killing a boss, which boss?

You have to kill wavebringer in mooshu in the shiraki temple

Survivor
May 11, 2009
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
foxboy457 wrote:
:D you could get cyclops in well cycopls lane by beating the boss :D
you can get a cyclops when you do a quest in wizard city with penny dreadful going to dark cave.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Defender
Feb 18, 2009
Musicmaster1 wrote:
How do you get a minotaur as a pet its out there somewhere. What boss?

This pet is found from one of the hidden bosses in the Tree of Life Instance. It's not easy to get but you may get lucky. Go to the house that is the farthest away from the entrance. There you will find a little Imp boss at 8,000 health with a minion. I apologize but I don't remember it's name but this is the boss you'll have to defeat for the pet. I got mine there after my 32nd time. Yes, I wrote it down...lol. I have for all the pets I received just so I know how many times it took to get the pet.

See ya in the Spiral,
Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
wiseknight78 wrote:
how do you get a blue ghost do i have to beat a boss?

I really don't know.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
Well the blue ghost is from the last boss on Cyclops Lane.

The Tree of Life is in Mooshu. Idk specific spot but its in instanced near the Ancient Burial Grounds

Sry i couldnt help anymore

Survivor
May 02, 2009
i am a diviner, and i want to get the lightning bat pet. I know where wavebringer is but i do not know where to start the quest

P.S.
i hope kingsisle changes the rule that you cant buy items with spells unless you have crowns.
please answer the question

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
I have got a question for you guys ok.

can you get the troll pet from someone in WC if not where can i get it.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009

You can get it by killing genaral akillies in cyclops lane

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
wiseknight78 wrote:

Boo Didley is the blue ghost pet