Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dive In! - Logins Enabled

AuthorMessage
Administrator
***Update***
Logins are once again enabled. Dive in!

So many young Wizards are trying to log in to the game right now that there's a bit of a traffic jam!

We're going to disable log-ins for a short time, then we will slowly let more players log in - watch this message for updates!

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
So many young Wizards are trying to log in to the game right now that there's a bit of a traffic jam!

We're going to disable log-ins for a short time, then we will slowly let more players log in - watch this message for updates!

wow. most people are at school rite now. guess lots of people are sick.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
i am very mad paying for a game and not being able to log in grrr
but on the flip side of this.
i foresaw a massive traffic jam trying to get in right at release
and nothing can be done but grin and bear it

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
You had better clarify this. I had already "logged in" and was in the patching stage for the last 30 minutes (and yes, it was progressing). Right now, the patch process appears to be frozen.

Have you froze me out?

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I was thinking the same thing! Or, all the Wizard 101 parents are sitting in front of their computers, coffee in one hand, mouse in the other ;)

Explorer
May 02, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:

right "sick" "convincing cough" lol

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:

or ... 'retired' ;) :-D LOL

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
I was just thinking the same thing. They chose the right time to open the new realm. But the MUST be alot of truants out there today. Merele must be pround of his students!!?

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Loreis04 wrote:
I was thinking the same thing! Or, all the Wizard 101 parents are sitting in front of their computers, coffee in one hand, mouse in the other ;)

Most assuredly, you have described me perfectly :D LOL

Fiona FireFlower
GrandMaster Pyromancer
PvP Warlord

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
Definitely not happy about this. KI had to know the traffic would be heavy and planned accordingly. I spend a lot of time, effort and even money in this game. One would think they could anticipate the problem and adjust BEFORE everyone starts to log on. I love this game. I've made good friends here. But this kind of stuff is disheartening.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
Yeah, I also was one of those who had already logged in and was in the patch phase. For an hour. Not like I have all day to play. I just am able to play for about an hour and a half. before I have to nap then get my son from school , help him with homework, get him ready for tap dance and then take myself to work until 3am.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
GGOOOODD Times I remember we had to do this when Dragonspyre came out, figure wizard101 would have had this more stream line by now

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
I think subscribed players should be granted log in access first, since we actually can access the area, until this gets fixed (no disrespect, just common sense). I've tried in-game downloading 4 times to Celestia and it kept resetting the download back to 0%. I'm sure others are having the same issue. Oh well, it's well worth it, thanks :)

Survivor
May 11, 2010
Wow! I started downloading at 9:00 a.m. this morning and it stopped downloading at 10:35 a.m. just to be told I cannot log on right now. bogus excuse from staff at Wizard. All the kids are at school right now so it should not be that busy. I think we should all be reimbursed a portion of our cost for this game. Not a good policy for Wizard to not allow paying people on game.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Wasn't the extra traffic planned for? Granted it is the middle of the week when school is in session, but many of us have been waiting-more or less patiently-since before Celestia was announced for a challenging new World to join the Spiral, with new caps, spells, and equipment; so large volumes of traffic should be expected continuously for the next week or so. Shutting down login and rationing who can get on speaks of reaction instead of forethought in my experience, but I'm sure KI has other issues of which we mere players are unaware.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2009
I hope they have only disabled logins for non-subscribers! It would really upset me to find out that they where allowing non-subscribers in first when I have have been a subscriber for 2 years!

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
Loreis04 wrote:
Or it could be that all the UK kids are currently off school for a half term break :)

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
LOL Yup I imagine mostly parents with the coffee and mouse lol. My game was fully downloaded, even let me click play, but could not connect to the game server. Hope it works soon lol, even dreamed of the live realm last night ;)

Keira LifeHeart and others lol

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Loreis04 wrote:

Parent with soda here.

Oh I hope I don't have to suffer withdrawal to long.

We all need to be patient. I was expecting things to be crazy for a while.

Megan

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
deena05 wrote:
Loreis04 wrote:

Most assuredly, you have described me perfectly :D LOL

Fiona FireFlower
GrandMaster Pyromancer
PvP Warlord

Sorry, I was getting more coffee :D Erin Ice Weaver
Grand Master Ice

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
:) Well my file progress was downloading and then just froze, i love this game but it is kinda unfair to have to wait lol although i know a lot of people are trying to access celestia but i need to finish my quests in other realms too.

it would be nice even if we couldnt get into celestia right now but to be able to get into other realms.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
Let me in! My two year old is taking his nap. Let me in my wizards need me! lol no for real hurry up. :?

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
If you halt the log ins, you also stop the downloads, which already takes forever.
One more Error message and I unsubscribe.

How about Subscribers only for today?

Administrator
brytenshynee wrote:
If you halt the log ins, you also stop the downloads, which already takes forever.
One more Error message and I unsubscribe.

How about Subscribers only for today?

Young Wizard, NO ONE can log in right now, not even us.

Please be patient.

community@wizard101.com