Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changes to Wild Bolt Spell - a Civilized Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
why not just changing the spell for a useful dot spell? :) you said that all the schools should be balanced and thats why you changed bolt. then why not a dot spell, all the schools got dot spells except storm. balance and myth got their spells that are like dots, and life got their heal over turn spell. so why storm dont got a dot spell?

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Guys, i would recommend that we don't get too steamed up about this. The KI community is trying their hardest to make changes that are fair for ALL of us.

KI probably listened clearly to what all of us had to say, and i am pretty sure that they caught the rude complaints.

KI listens to what the wizards all over the W101 community have to say, but they ALSO have to listen to THEIR community, and themselves, and they probably thought that this was fair for the wizards, including the fact that it only costs three pips.

Lately, the message boards have been full of people SWEARING and complaining, and i think that if tis goes on too far, the message boards will be gone forever, and no wizards can share their ideas.

Where do you think all those people that complained went? they were probably banned.

Back to the main topic anyways, i think that KI heard us, and they did catch the 62% of wizards saying they wouldn't like it, but they made a wise decision, anyways.

I understand that WB (Wild Bolt) was probably great for all storm wizards, but i don't understand why we're over relying on it.

I am sure that poor Greyrose ( and KI community) are going crazy do to the fact they have to constantly have to write that we shouldn't swear at their faces, that they're trying to make all changes fair, and some of us don't respect that.

:? Justin Titanwraith, Legendary Pyromancer :?

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
blizzardkid94 wrote:
CoopKoda wrote:
I still don't think you have made the right adjustment to this spell. The 10 and 100 are just unrealistic for this spell which was one of Storms mysterious spells.

This spell should be changed to only 2 possible hits, 500 and 1000. The accuracy lowered to 50% and capped with no ability for it to be enchanted or affected by gear.

There is no point to a spell being in Storms spell book if they are never gonna use it, and with the current way it's been changed, it's not likely anyone will.

Professor Greyrose wrote:
We've listened to our community, done internal balance testing and had exhaustive discussions about the spell Wild Bolt, and have change the Wild Bolt spell based on this research.

Wild Bolt will now have 70% accuracy and do 10, 100, or 1000 damage.

We will continue to monitor how this impacts the balance of the game, as well as listen to all players feedback.

We ask that you take some time to play with this version of Wild Bolt before jumping to conclusions. It's truly a Wild Bolt now!

All posts regarding this change MUST go in this thread, other posts will not be approved. Let's keep it civilized, constructive and creative please.

Sorry Professor you do not listen to feed back otherwise you would have used the excellent suggestion made by the above poster (500 or 1000 hit with 50% accuracy)..... KI strikes out once again!

I don't think that KI would make a change everytime someone posts what should of happened. KI community is trying to listen to what we all have to say, but they have to keep some changes they make. ( However, i am just a slight doubtless that they would keep it the same with all the rude wizards complaining to the community)

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
MordanTheGreat wrote:
After getting bolted by the mobs in the Grotto that have an uncanny ability to hit at 1000, I vote to eliminate this spell! LOL

Totally agree

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
AlbaEagle124 wrote:
MordanTheGreat wrote:
After getting bolted by the mobs in the Grotto that have an uncanny ability to hit at 1000, I vote to eliminate this spell! LOL

Totally agree

Storm elf anyone?

Yeah I do agree that the mobs seem to git between 500 and 1000 more regularly than we do. Just in the same way the bosses critical block 90% of the time!

But i think the curtain has come down on wild bolt. so we can forget about it going back to what it was. Lets move with the ebb and flow and rock wild bolt at legend! too bad those Magus diviners can't though :(

I'm sorry but ....

Myth rules!

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Ok KI, I've tried the wild bolt on my strom wizard many times, looking at all the good and bad aspects of it. Lets see these stats and assume an enemy has 900 life, and you have no gear boost.

-Old Wild Bolt-
10% Accurancy
1000 Damage!
- 10% Chance enemy dies!

-New Wild Bolt-
70% Accurancy!
10 , 100, 1000 Damage!
- 23.1% Chance enemy dies!

You see KI, you made it worst. The 70% chance it will work and the 33.33% chance it will hit 1000. when you do the math its 23.1% chance you will hit 1000 damage.

-Conclusion-
- The only thing that KI took away was the ability to TRUST a trap and blade with bolt.
-Bolt now has a better chance at striking a 1,000 damage.
-Storm People don't complain, "they took your bolts power away", they didnt. They made it better.

I think KI, should find another solution. this solution only mask the fact that bolt is a nightmare (WHICH IT SHOULD BE!). Keeping it how it was would be best.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
I kinda like the new bolt, but the only problem I have with it now is...
I just dead in a fight with it.
the monster has 145 life left, and I had no cards but 1 wild bolt. Now the bolt hit and it was 10.
Why any thw world would you waste a pip(s) on any spell in this game to do A Attack Of 10. Come On KI stop acting a little crazy and make the new attacks.

70% Accurancy!
100 , 500, 1000 Damage!
Thanks

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
Thank you all for the feedback, we are listening!

For those of you who are wondering where your posts went, swearing at us is not only going to result in your post being rejected, but you may find yourself expelled from Wizard101.

Please keep this civilized.

Your obviously not listening or you would do something! i worked really hard trading good spells for wildbolts i had 2 of them and i used them and guess what! they did 10 and 100 damage

Survivor
May 20, 2010
please please i am beggeing you to change wild bolt back to only a thousand the storm wizards need this edge in the game because of the low health we have to burden. storm wizards are mostly using clothes to obtain accuracy from the 70% chance of hitting and end up with this low health. If anything i dont think it would matter if you ban in from pvp, just for story line and world use. We need this spell back really bad or change to 500 or 1000. even put it back to 10%. please just give the storm wizards back the spell that we deserve.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
darthjt wrote:

For those of you who are wondering where your posts went, swearing at us is not only going to result in your post being rejected, but you may find yourself expelled from Wizard101.

Anyway, let me ask this, how many people need to complain, quit, sign a petition, or do something drastic to get the spell back to its original state? Will it matter what we say or do? You say you are listening, but so far, almost everyone hates what you have done to Wild Bolt.

Here are the reasons. 1: You waste 2 pips on a supposed 33% chance at 1000 damage ( and like Elemental Blast, usually you get ice, the lowest )

2:You can use wand and get more damage without the use of pips.
3:Storm has low health to begin with, so we have to hit hard and fast to even have a chance!
4:We fizzle the most, so, if we can, use spells, and enchantments to get a spell to work 70, 80, 90, and even 100% of the time, which would take a lot of other casting and costs, would we not then earn that right?
5:We are trying to keep all the schools in balance, yet, this clearly takes a great spell from storm. Yet, we are now giving Ice an amulet that gives a +45 attack blade, plus you can have pet with DragonBlade, Plus other enchantments, to make their attacks very very powerful, plus they can steal your shields, have lots of tower shields, and have resistance to all magic. Meanwhile, Balance, there is only tower shield that will protect you, and that is an ice spell, unless you buy them, and at most we can only get 5, unless you buy them, they have 125 per pip judgement spell, plus blades, hex, add feints in, and without shields or dispel, your done for, especially with low health. So, we are trying to keep the playing field even, right?

Does any other school have a spell that wastes pips? why should storms?

Either make the spell have a 0 pip cost, which would then be fair, or make it be 200 or 1000 damage a 50/50 chance, that way, it would be fair.

OK you are being COMPLETELY one minded. taking away ONE of your MANY, MANY powerful spells won't change a single thing. between Strom lord (with clothing and blade does over 2000 to all enemies) also Triton (with clothing and blade does over 2000) and dare I say it, Leviathan, the most POWERFUL spell IN THE GAME, (with clothing, blade, and critical) Is an INSTANT kill without a -80% or -70% shield. Not to mention tempest, which has the possibility with just clothing to do over 1000 to all enemies. OH and don't forget, storm has the highest possible critical rating in the game from clothing! Compare that to err, I don't know, LIFE. Sure, we have the best heals in the game. But with the time and pips it takes us to heal from a storm lord, as soon as we heal, you come back with another one! Leaving us all but helpless. So, I think they should ban it from PvP, PERIOD.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2010
Yunggrillz wrote:
I think this change was made for PvP. People lose repeatedly by the same spell and they get upset, they complain, and soon enough they change the spell. I have a Grandmaster Storm, and I extremely rarely used wild bolt, however this change means it'll simply be a spell that merely marks the path to the better spells. I find it hard to imagine anyone using the new Wild Bolt, while the old one(outside of PvP) was not a consistent spell used regularly anyways. However, I believe that due to Storm's low health, we often find ourselves with few pips, few health, and with a Wild Bolt in our hand. The only times I ever used it were for last ditch efforts to win a battle. If you're going to change Wild Bolt then, I believe you should give Storm a small additional boost to their health. Because at Level 60, I had 2190 health approximately. That is wayy too low when I've seen Ice students with very nearly double that. At Level 60, Storm should have around 2400-2500 health. Just my opinion, hope you don't keep the new WB.

Alexander: Lvl 50 Storm
Alexander Dragonbreath: Level 50 Life
Alexander Skullblade: Level 48 Death
Alexander: Level 45 Balance

It's still not a very good change. That was clearly the easiest way out of a pvp if you were a storm wizard. Now you put all of the traps you want waiting for it to take away 1,000+ and it take away 10 oyu wasted all of your shields for a useless attack.
I don't agree with the change.

KaneRedflame, Level 48 Necromancer
BlakeThunderBlood,Level 47 Diviner
TylerFireBlade,Level 53 Necromancer

Armiger
May 10, 2010
cort1cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Anyway, let me ask this, how many people need to complain, quit, sign a petition, or do something drastic to get the spell back to its original state? Will it matter what we say or do? You say you are listening, but so far, almost everyone hates what you have done to Wild Bolt.

Here are the reasons. 1: You waste 2 pips on a supposed 33% chance at 1000 damage ( and like Elemental Blast, usually you get ice, the lowest )

2:You can use wand and get more damage without the use of pips.
3:Storm has low health to begin with, so we have to hit hard and fast to even have a chance!
4:We fizzle the most, so, if we can, use spells, and enchantments to get a spell to work 70, 80, 90, and even 100% of the time, which would take a lot of other casting and costs, would we not then earn that right?
5:We are trying to keep all the schools in balance, yet, this clearly takes a great spell from storm. Yet, we are now giving Ice an amulet that gives a +45 attack blade, plus you can have pet with DragonBlade, Plus other enchantments, to make their attacks very very powerful, plus they can steal your shields, have lots of tower shields, and have resistance to all magic. Meanwhile, Balance, there is only tower shield that will protect you, and that is an ice spell, unless you buy them, and at most we can only get 5, unless you buy them, they have 125 per pip judgement spell, plus blades, hex, add feints in, and without shields or dispel, your done for, especially with low health. So, we are trying to keep the playing field even, right?

Does any other school have a spell that wastes pips? why should storms?

Either make the spell have a 0 pip cost, which would then be fair, or make it be 200 or 1000 damage a 50/50 chance, that way, it would be fair.

OK you are being COMPLETELY one minded. taking away ONE of your MANY, MANY powerful spells won't change a single thing. between Strom lord (with clothing and blade does over 2000 to all enemies) also Triton (with clothing and blade does over 2000) and dare I say it, Leviathan, the most POWERFUL spell IN THE GAME, (with clothing, blade, and critical) Is an INSTANT kill without a -80% or -70% shield. Not to mention tempest, which has the possibility with just clothing to do over 1000 to all enemies. OH and don't forget, storm has the highest possible critical rating in the game from clothing! Compare that to err, I don't know, LIFE. Sure, we have the best heals in the game. But with the time and pips it takes us to heal from a storm lord, as soon as we heal, you come back with another one! Leaving us all but helpless. So, I think they should ban it from PvP, PERIOD.

Okay, worse thing you could ever do, is quote me, then say I am completely one minded! Pay attention, because I have stated the Flaws of The old and New Wild Bolt! I am not going to repeat myself yet again, see all my posts on this issue to figure it out, wise guy!

Next, try and make sense when you post, especially when you say I am 1 minded, because you make no sense! Leviathan, Tempest, Triton, Storm Lord, and Stormzilla are not replacement spells for WildBolt, they are supposed to work in conjuction.

When storm first gets WildBolt, it is after completing Marleybone, around level 35, before storm even has Triton, Storm Lord, StormZilla, and Leviathan. Heck, way back then, we don't even have good pip percentage. Which is why, I have argued against the New WildBolt. The new wild Bolt is just as powerful with better accuracy, at least, the old wildbolt would fizzle. And the old wildbolt, did not take away Valuable Pips for lower level characters, pips that would be essensial for survival against the bosses in Mooshu and DragonSpyre. Nobody wants to listen, everyone wants to complain and whine. Even you!

You talk about Life and it's heals? A fairy can heal over 800 health for life with only the ring and athame boost, with a critical it's 1600! Rebirth can heal for 1300 and 2600 on Critical. Want to cry me another river, or you want to retract your statement? I keep telling you people to think before you post, but for some reason, people never do!

This topic is closed - see Falmea's post at
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/30168.ftl

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.