Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does This Sound Familiar?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
I've been playing this game for over a year, and i have seen this game's ups and downs. What's the one thing you associate with the game's downside? PvP. Well, i have a little story to tell you.

One day, there was a kid named John. John was given the power to create life, and so he created 3 people along with 3 houses. John loved this world he created, and became friends with another man named Mark. Mark lived in that town, and began to respect John. As time progressed, John realized that other people in the small town wanted change, and so john created more people and more houses. Mark felt a bit upset, but was still happy with what John did. Years later, John expanded this town into a city with hundreds of people and factories. mark looked at what john created and said "what have you done?" John replied, "I made this town a better place." Mark was confused, as he was upset with this city and disliked it greatly. "It's not what the town used to be, now there are tall buildings, other people, and factories." John simply said "I know that you may dislike my creation, but the others enjoy it. There are people who need the factories to get food and need better homes to survive." Upset, Mark left John's town and found a new life.

From this story, as you can simply tell, John created a place that Mark greatly disliked. This is a metaphor. John is Kingisle, and Mark is YOU. When kingisle developed the game and changed it around, especially PvP, you were angered and upset with this outcome. Although YOU may not like the overpowering of spells or certain concepts, kingisle is well experienced and knows much more about the balance of a game than you, so you should think before you leave the game, just like Mark left John's town.

I think this makes complete sense? Don't you?

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009

MSS11 wrote:
I've been playing this game for over a year, and i have seen this game's ups and downs. What's the one thing you associate with the game's downside? PvP. Well, i have a little story to tell you.

One day, there was a kid named John. John was given the power to create life, and so he created 3 people along with 3 houses. John loved this world he created, and became friends with another man named Mark. Mark lived in that town, and began to respect John. As time progressed, John realized that other people in the small town wanted change, and so john created more people and more houses. Mark felt a bit upset, but was still happy with what John did. Years later, John expanded this town into a city with hundreds of people and factories. mark looked at what john created and said "what have you done?" John replied, "I made this town a better place." Mark was confused, as he was upset with this city and disliked it greatly. "It's not what the town used to be, now there are tall buildings, other people, and factories." John simply said "I know that you may dislike my creation, but the others enjoy it. There are people who need the factories to get food and need better homes to survive." Upset, Mark left John's town and found a new life.

From this story, as you can simply tell, John created a place that Mark greatly disliked. This is a metaphor. John is Kingisle, and Mark is YOU. When kingisle developed the game and changed it around, especially PvP, you were angered and upset with this outcome. Although YOU may not like the overpowering of spells or certain concepts, kingisle is well experienced and knows much more about the balance of a game than you, so you should think before you leave the game, just like Mark left John's town.

I think this makes complete sense? Don't you?

Your little story (Analogy)does not work in this instance.The big town was there
when we all arrived.And all that got subscritions liked it very much.Sure it grow bigger but all the changes effected all.This is more like "John" kingisle,went into storms house and robbed him/ her blind!!!Now if they make a great spell of EVERY school behave as the new bolt does,well then, WE ALL GET ROBBED and storm wont be alone.Its interesting that YOU mention the balance of the game.Wouldnt it be BALANCED if bolt was just capped at a certain accuracy?
No school has a 2 pip spell that will do this low damage of 10 and 100.So more
than 66% the time it is cast you WASTE those pips.Not to mention no one in their right mind would blade or trap the bolt spell as it is now.I hit a crital hit on bolt in the test that was 32. Now tell me what other school has a spell that cost 2 pips and does THAT?There was a reason bolt was in the game before and
that was to balance out storms very low health.My balance gm has 1,000 more
hp than my storm gm.That reason still exist.I went to legendary on my storm on the test and gained about 200 hp.My lvl 50 boots have MORE health than the best lvl 58 storm boots.If your surprised by that,well so was I.We are not living in "John's Town" by his good graces,we PAY to be here.And to answer your question, no it makes no sense at all, much less complete sense.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
You are just blinded by your precious little bolt. as a storm wizard, i am a bit angered, but the game was out of balance anyway. They should have at least made the damage a bit higher than 10 or 100. however, my analogy does make sense, you just cant understand what i mean. maybe if you looked more carefully

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
MSS11 wrote:
You are just blinded by your precious little bolt. as a storm wizard, i am a bit angered, but the game was out of balance anyway. They should have at least made the damage a bit higher than 10 or 100. however, my analogy does make sense, you just cant understand what i mean. maybe if you looked more carefully

The game was out of balance but it wasn't storm that was out of balance but rather balance itself. All the balance players that played PvP were walking around with winning records of about 3:1 to 4:1 while the storm players were walking around with slightly more losses than wins. The end result was that balance was given a sizeable attack all card in celestia that is not defendable against in PvP and storm loses wild bolt. If KI cared about balance of play they would have taken away from balance school and given to storm school for storm players weren't the ones winning in PvP.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:
MSS11 wrote:

The game was out of balance but it wasn't storm that was out of balance but rather balance itself. All the balance players that played PvP were walking around with winning records of about 3:1 to 4:1 while the storm players were walking around with slightly more losses than wins. The end result was that balance was given a sizeable attack all card in celestia that is not defendable against in PvP and storm loses wild bolt. If KI cared about balance of play they would have taken away from balance school and given to storm school for storm players weren't the ones winning in PvP.

This isn't a Judgement/Balance thread. Let's stay on topic, people. (We all know you're exaggerating to the point of lies, anyway.)

At any rate, I think KingsIsle started with a great game and then procedded to trash it. The changes to WildBolt are the most recent in a series of epic failures. First, the right to trade Enchanted Treasure Cards got taken away. Then, KingsIsle proceeded to revamp Pets, which has become an exercise in pure tedium. Giving us new Schools may seem like a blessing, but the Spells would be most useful before the point at which they can be acquired (ever drawn a Spell you really could have used a moment ago in a Duel? It's the same concept). Now, the changes to WildBolt have eliminated a great Spell (did I mention that the solution to chain Stunning of multiple StunShields got removed? Man alive, that was great in PvP, and it wouldn't have been too hard to restrict the extra Shields to the Arena) from a Diviner's repertoire, and replaced it with a Spell that has a paltry 23.33 chance of hitting at a vaguely respectable level (my calculations are correct; I factored in the Accuracy). About the only thing balanced was the Schools (before the WildBolt adjustment, anyway).

If KingsIsle knows more about balance than us, we're all in Charlie Brown's Halloween bag (I got a rock!).