Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion-Quests-Unlock Area/Training Points

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
First off let me say I love this game and my son and I have a great time playing it together.

I have actually been playing harder than he is so I can "help him" on the tougher boss battles and I can stay up ahead of him in unlocked ares and things like that.

The one thing I noticed that I REALLY would love to see changed would be some kind of indicators in the quest list and possibly the color of the !'s and the ?'s (like say green for an area unlocking quest, red for a training point quest and whatnot)

I am a quester by nature I see a ! and I take the quest no matter what it entails I do it. I found one problem with this though. I have gotten to Dragonspyre and am only 1/2 way through it (have not unlocked the dragon ridge) but have hit 50 and now I am not sure what quests are needed to unlock a new area and what quests are just side quests that I should save up and not do until the new expansion comes out.

Please give serious thought into indicating which quests are for unlocking new area content and which are just side quests to get items/exp. Training point quests while nice would just be fluff on the cake.

Another side suggestion would be putting quest indicators on the map as well. So if you go into a zone you can open your map and see who all has a ! and where to go to get quests. In Dragonspyre I find myself running aorund looking for NPCs with ! way more than I do questing.

Other than these questing suggestions keep up the good work on a nice family friendly game.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Generally, new question marks are storyline quests, and new exclamation marks are side quests.

You can also check Wizard101 Central for guides that list the necessary quests for each world.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
I like this idea, it would be helpful and not very hard to add.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
Generally, new question marks are storyline quests, and new exclamation marks are side quests.

I actually have never seen a question mark quest until I am going in to turn it in. It is always a ! on my screen until turnin. If there is something that tells me a side quest or a required to unlock quest I wish it would be easily noted in the game than force me to read up on some "guides".

If I am missing something or anyone has any ideas on how to note it without me going to some guides I would be happy to hear any suggestions as I already have a level 10 necromancer and already see myself doing the same all quest path I did before because I don't easily see what unlocks krokotopia.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
But, there's already question marks in place to show that you need to talk to them to move your quest forward or finish it.

There's some false information in this thread.

Please refer to the Player Guide for more information.

Yellow Exclamation Point – This character has a quest available for you. Walk up to him or her, type “X,” or left click to talk and receive your instructions. You can see a picture of this on the next page.

Gray Question Mark – You are currently working on a quest for this character. The quest will appear in your quest log, which you can access through the menu, or by pushing ‘Q’. The box in your log tells you where to go to complete the task, what your task is, the rewards for completing the quest, and tracks your progression.

Yellow Question Mark – You have completed the quest for this character and simply need to talk to them to finish it and receive your reward.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
If I am understanding correctly, the poster is asking if there is a way to indicate the storyline quest from the side quest, like making all storyline ! marks yellow and side quest ! would be blue. This way you would know which of the quest are required to move to the next world/level and which would be to earn extra XP, items or for fun.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
If I am understanding correctly, the poster is asking if there is a way to indicate the storyline quest from the side quest, like making all storyline ! marks yellow and side quest ! would be blue. This way you would know which of the quest are required to move to the next world/level and which would be to earn extra XP, items or for fun.

Exactly what I am indicating. Area unlocking quests to either be identified by a color change or by something in the indicators in the quest list (like some special icon or something). Just something to say you NEED to do this quest to get to the next areas and these other quests while you do them they are just side quests that will be fun to do.

I uderstand there may be forums with quests lists but I really thing something ingame would be easy to implement and make alot of sense since there are sooooo many areas you have to "unlock" by doing prior quests.

I was just saying if there was already something ingame like the one poster mentioned I have never seen this or correlated what I saw to give this information.